The Seven Sons: The Slave

Chapter Six: Drake

Chapter Six

Drake

After I saw her crying and I couldn’t do anything, I felt like all the energy in me had been sucked out of me. So when I found myself standing in front of the door leading out into one of the many gardens and although it was pouring down rain, I still walked out to the middle of the garden.
I loved the feel of the rain running down my face, like it was trying to wash away some of that staggering pain; that almost has me down on my knees. I had so many emotions built up inside that I just needed to let it all out. So when I want to let it out, it didn’t surprise me when no noise came out, but had silent tears running down my face.
I couldn’t believe how I hadn’t done anything to help her. Why didn’t I do anything to stop her from getting hit? My mind questioning my actions.
‘Because she is our mate and we can’t let her get hurt…’ my wolf answered me, seeing as he was a dominant part of me and this was our mate.
It’s just not right though, I thought, it just feels wrong to stand and watch as she gets punished for doing nothing.
‘I know that, but we have too. If anyone ever found out, what she is to us then she could be taken away from us to never see her, again.’ I could tell that when he said that he felt the same great sadness that I did. ‘Besides, if she’s gone, then everything will just be worse and at least this way, we might have a chance of actually getting to know her.’
He was right, I knew that, it still hurt though to think that she could be in a lot of torment and, yet, there was nothing I could do. I can’t hold her and tell her that ‘everything’s going to be alright. No matter, what happens I will be right here for you always.’
Yeah, like I could tell her something like that; everyone I know would probably laugh or find it disgusting that I even felt that way about her.
I paused in my wandering thought, because I could feel someone watching me. I slowly turned my head, but when I turned it far enough to see someone; I saw that no one was there. Who was watching me? I felt like I could still feel the person’s intense gaze on my back, though they weren’t there.
After I was soaking from head to toe I decided to get out of the rain because it wasn’t helping me, it was just intensifying the deep depression that I felt that was starting to tear me up inside. I slowly walked down the hallways, taking my time, not caring that people gave me weird looks.
I stopped by the small little kitchen next to our lounge to grab a quick snack, then walked into the lounge as I was walking in, I saw Zaire running around looking everywhere. He ran right past me to Ryker’s room and ran into the room. I walked over to the doorway and just stood there, watching him look all over the room for something. Then again he ran right past me and did the same thing to most of the other rooms; I just followed close behind him standing in the doorway.
While this was happening I could hear a muted rustling coming from Tait’s room, when I heard the door to the room opening I leaned slightly out of the room so I could see Miranda walking out. She walked over to Soren’s room; she knocked lightly on the door then walked into the room and shut the door behind her.
Once Zaire had checked every room and the lounge, he started to run right past me when I stuck out my hand and grabbed his arm to stop him. Since he was being so quiet though, I decided it would be best if I just spoke to him mind to mind.
‘What are you doing, Zaire?’
‘Making sure that none of your brothers are in the area.’ He said then he tried to get out of my room and go into Soren’s room, but I wasn’t going to have that. I mean, why exactly would he be doing that?
‘Not so fast, little buddy. Why would you need to check for my brothers and not worry about me?’
‘Well, I’m doing it to be able to get her to tell me about herself,’ he said then slipped out of my grip and ran to the room. Right before he went into the room he slightly turned to me, ‘feel free to listen and your welcome.’
I walked over to one of the couches in the living room and listened into their conversations through Zaire’s mind; so I could also see her.
“It’s ok to talk, they all left,” I hear him tell her, but I can see through his eyes that she just glances up at him, her beautiful hair falling in front of her face slightly. “Come on, please talk to me,” he says as he pulls her towards the bed, where they both sit down. They are close enough now that I can see all of the emotions in her, even though Zaire doesn’t get them. So I can tell she wants to answer, but there is something that was stopping her. “Ok, then I’m seven years old, how old are you?” I could tell that he smiled because I could see her face slowly start to soften and cave towards him.
‘Yes, it’s working, Drake,’ he told me through his very excited thought.
‘Of course, it did. That face works on everyone.’ I chuckled.
I knew that everybody who he had ever given that face to always caved to what he wanted, but I could see that she is not like most people and that she tries hardening her heart against everyone; I have no idea why she has to guard herself from everyone. So the thing she said next didn’t surprise me, “I have to get back to work.” I know that even though she told him that he wasn’t going to stop until he got an answer.
“Come on, please.” He asked her again. They just sat in silence listening to her just moving around the room picking everything up. I could tell she was getting slightly agitated with silence because she kept kind of turning towards Zaire to see what he was doing then all of sudden she just looked directly at him. I instantly knew that it was the puppy face because the emotionless mask was completely gone the minute she saw his face.
“Sixteen.” She said in a really sweet voice that I wish I could actually hear instead of listening to it through Zaire’s mind because it was like a filter you could only hear certain things about their voices.
‘Don’t ask any other questions.’ I told him not wanting him to push her to answer and make her feel uncomfortable.
‘I won’t.’ he said.
“Wow almost the same age as, Drake.”
‘There is that good Drake because now she knows something about you.’
‘Thanks, Zaire.’ Though I said thank you, I knew that there was something that he would want. ‘What do you want Zaire?’
‘I don’t want anything.’ He said with his little kid laugh echoing throughout his head.
‘Zaire,’ he didn’t answer and I could tell he was trying to block me out of his mind, which he still hadn’t learned how to yet. ‘Zaire, come on what do you want me to get you?’
‘Nothing… wait actually I want a…a white cupcake with… blue frosting and sprinkles.’
‘Ok, I’ll get you a cupcake.’
‘Nooo…’
‘What? Don’t show any emotions.’ I said panicked that she might find out something.
‘I want three cupcakes.’
‘Three, Zaire. I don’t know, you get really hyper.’
‘But…But you said I could have anything and I want three blue cupcakes with sprinkles.’
‘Fine, but if anybody asks I didn’t allow you to have them. I’ll get them.’
‘Yeah!!’
When I walked back in with Zaire’s cupcakes, I heard the last part of their conversation.

“Momma, always says it is the job for our slaves to do, but she never tells me why? Why do they have to do everything, while we just – do nothing. I just don’t get it.’ His curiosity was the same thing that most of us have had, well except for those few people who are completely vain. But all of my brothers and I have wondered why it is that way, though we all just learned that that is just the way it is.

It also reminded me that he is only a little kid and if he got attached to this girl, then he could get hurt if something happened. “So can I please?”

I just stood by the table watching her through Zaire’s eyes; seeing that she had an almost blank face, but when she looked up at Zaire, you could tell by her eyes that she was happy and smiling. I was surprised when they walked into my room, they didn’t even seem to notice the fact that I was standing by the table.

Once they walked into my room I decided it would be a good time to actually get to see her.

‘Hey, Zaire, come out here. I want to talk to her.’

‘Ahh… but Drake I like being with her.’

‘I got your cupcakes.’

‘Cupcakes!!!’ I heard him say to Miranda, that he had to go, but it was barely audible due to his excitement. I couldn’t help, but to laugh when I was about to walk in and he came running out so fast that he almost ran into me. ‘Cupcakes, cupcakes! Nummy, Yummy cupcakes!!! I LOVE cupcakes!! I LOVE CUPCAKES!!!’

I chuckled when that’s the only thing that I could hear, ‘slow down, kid. I can’t hear my own thoughts.’

‘I can’t, they are so delicious!! And I love them!!’ I just laughed and walked into the bedroom. I started to walk to my en-suite, taking my shirt off in the process, completely forgetting that she was still in my room because I was starting to get kind of cold due to the fact that my clothes were soaking wet. When I was I about to walk into in the suite, I ran into her.

“I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to.” She immediately started to apologize. I wish she would quite apologizing, so before I could even think about what I was doing I reached and placed my hand over her mouth. I automatically felt a shock run completely up my arm making me instantly pull my hand away; though my wolf was telling me not to.
“There is no need to apologize when no one was harmed,” I told her, but she wasn’t looking at me instead she was watching the floor as a puddle started to slowly grow at my feet. I didn’t care about the puddle though, all I could think about was the fact that she wouldn’t even look at me.
“Well I am sorry, sir. I’ll leave you alone.” She turned to walk away from me, but I quickly reached out and grabbed hold of her arm, pulling her against chest. I felt a spark when I grabbed hold of her arm, but once she was leaning on my bare chest I felt even more sparks shooting clear down to my toes.
I started speaking to her just to try to distract myself from this sensation that was going through my body, “I know, I told you something early today. So what,” when I looked at her I noticed that she wasn’t focusing on what we were saying, but on something else. Once I stopped talking the shooting sensation had seemed to have increased due to the fact that I had tried to ignore, so I pulled my hand away and I automatically wanted to put it back.
“—have you heard anything I have said?” I asked, knowing that she really wasn’t and trying to distract myself still. “You haven’t, have you?” I said, but she still wasn’t listening, though when I saw an almost scared look on her face, I tried to lighten the mood. So I had to chuckle at the fact that she still wasn’t listening to me even though, I had asked her whether or not she was listening.
When she heard me chuckle, I could tell that she was shocked by it and that she was finally going to listen to what I am asking her and that she is not going to be spacing out, again.
“What did I tell before about when you are speaking to me?,” I asked and even though I was pretty sure that she was listening to me this time, she still wasn’t answering me. And it was also starting to bug me, that this whole time she wasn’t even looking at me. “Tell me.”
“You told me to look at you if you are talking or if I am talking to you,” she said after a slight hesitation. I had hoped that when she told me this she would actually listen to what she was saying and look at me, but of course no such luck; she was still watching the slowly growing puddle.
I chuckled, again. “If you know that so well then why aren’t looking at me?” I asked her and yet she wouldn’t look at me or answer me. It was starting to really bug me, so without even thinking about what I was doing, I reached out my hand and took hold of her chin to turn face up towards mine. “From now --,” I started to tell her to always look at me, again, but since she was facing me we made eye contact and it made my voice fade into the background.
As soon as our eyes made contact, I felt like I was baring my soul for her and I sort of felt the need to look away to hide myself, but when I realized that it was her I couldn’t. I wanted her to see everything; I just allowed the whole situation to take over and make me forget about the outside world. The same colors from before started showing up around her, again, highlighting her hair and face. They were kind of distracting but I was solely focused on her eyes because within that moment that I had figured out that she could see deep inside me, I also found that I could see into her. I could see that she has been hurt and in pain; seeing this deeply saddened me. Now that I saw this, I could see that these emotions were also portrayed within the colors; they were the dark colors that surrounded the bright. It just made her seem more real and it made the bright colors seem even better.
Throughout this I didn’t realize, that she had fallen against me, but I had had at least some control over my body so I had made it so that I was leaning against the wall to support her because she was leaning on my chest. Her leaning against me and my arms around her made me feel really protective over her. So I couldn’t help myself when I started leaning towards her and for the first time, putting a claim on her to make sure that nobody else could take her from me.
Right as I was about to brush my lips against hers, I heard one loud word, ‘Mine.’ I’m not sure where it came from or if it was just in my mind. Once it sounded though, she pulled away from me. I felt hurt that she pulled away and disappointed that I lost one of my only chances to maybe make something right. Confusion also ran through my emotions because I didn’t understand why she would pull away.
“Sir, I need to go back to work. Would like me to run a bath for you since your wet and cold?” she told me, looking past me, not at me like I wished she would.
“Yes.” I said because I was too shocked at what had happened just moments ago. She immediately turned away and walked into my bathroom. I could hear her moving around, but I just stood where I was waiting for her to come out, so that I could see her one more time before she left the room. When she walked out, she didn’t have her head down watching the floor.

“Thank you,” I said as I stepped in front of her, I looked down at her and chuckled when I saw a deep blush rising up as she looked at me. I wondered why then remembered that I was standing in only my boxers in front of her. She just nodded her head then walked past me towards the door. “She’s so beautiful,” I couldn’t help but whisper as she walked past.

“If you need anything else, come find me,” she told once she was at the door, barely turning towards me to say it.

A couple weeks passed since I ran into her. Since that moment it has become a routine for her to bring us our breakfast then all my brothers go to do their own thing and I would lie down on the couch. I would lay there and listen as Zaire would ask her a question.
Each day I would learn something new about her and each day I would wish that I was the one that was asking the questions or that I was the one that she was getting more comfortable with, instead of listening to her talk through my cousin. This was the best I could ask for though; so I was just going to have to live with it.
So far she hasn’t run into any pranks, so I haven’t had to worry about her crying or getting in trouble with one of my brothers. It was weird that they hadn’t pulled another or that I haven’t even heard about a prank because I always hear what my brothers are talking about doing. I’m usually in on the plan, but lately since that first day I met her I haven’t been able to sleep at all; my sleeping patterns have gotten even worse. So to my family, I have almost become a ghost because I don’t talk when I’m around any of them. I just move from thing to thing, only constant is that I can only think about her.
She’s is the only subject that is on my mind; that’s why no one tries to talk to me because every time someone tries to my mind is always on her and I can hardly give them an answer. It was another day and I was laying on the couch, Zaire had just finished asking another, when Soren walks into the room.
“Drake, you need to get up and come to the practice room because dad wants us to get back to practicing, again.” I slowly start to get off the couch, but I wasn’t going fast enough so he walks over and lifts me off the couch.

Once I’m on my feet, ‘Zaire, we are all going to practice, so you come when she is done cleaning.’ Then I leave the room following Soren out into the hallway.

‘Drake, I know, you like her.’ I hear Soren say and without thinking about what I am doing, I turn my head really quickly towards him and forget to block my mind so her name and face instantly pop into my head. ‘Yeah, I know, dude.’

‘How long have you known?’ I say watching the floor as we slowly walk down the long hallway for it was raining and we couldn’t go outside to practice.

‘Since that first day, when you about changed to attack a couple of our brothers after they said those rude things about her.’ So those looks that he gave me were really looks that meant that he knew what I was thinking, but why would he out of all of my brothers be the first to talk to me about it and actually almost sound understanding of what I am going through.

‘Since, you knew, why didn’t you tell everyone else or tell dad and have her taken away from here?’ I ask him, bristling at the fact that he would do this or hold it over my head so he could get something from me.

‘I only confirmed it with Ryker because he wondered and so that he might be able to order our brothers not to do anything to her.’

‘Still didn’t they get suspicious about why he told them not to? And that still doesn’t answer the as to how you know and why you didn’t tell them?’ I said worrying that he was way more observant and was able to tell just how deeply I felt about her.

‘Storm did get suspicious, but I was able to talk him down and you know how Tait and Adrian don’t really notice things. Tad, of course, you already know that he notices everything.’ He paused and acted like he wasn’t going to continue, but he looked over at me and saw that I knew that he was still my older brother and that he needed to take care of me. ‘I knew, because lately your sleeping habits have become worse and you look like a ghost. Also the only time there is any sign of you with just a little bit of color to your face is when you are in the same room as she is.’ He said, I noticed that I could hear the practices for we were right outside the door. I grabbed hold of his arm, before he could turn and walk into the room.

‘How did you recognize all of this and notice my sleeping patterns have worsened?’

He stood there for a moment looking me directly in the eye and I noticed that there was great fatigue behind his eyes, like he hasn’t slept in days. ‘Because you had bad sleeping patterns before she became our maid. And the fact that a week before you met her, I met my girl, again.’ He said then, turned and walked into the room, leaving me standing alone in the hall.

He found his mate and what does he mean by ‘again’? I would have doubted him, if his voice and face for the first time in a long time hadn’t shown the love he felt for her, just by him thinking about her.

It didn’t surprise me that he could care so much about someone because I had always known that he had a soft heart and that he could care about someone so much. He only put on the hard exterior for people to see; he wanted to be the one to protect our family because he knew that he was one of the strongest and that he did get angry every once and awhile. Most of the time though, he was gentle, especially towards me and my brothers; sometimes he wouldn’t even act gentle towards Storm because Storm looked up to him as the strong older brother that didn’t care about anybody.

None of us knew why exactly, Storm only liked the hard exterior, but I think in a way he didn’t want to see the guy he looked up to as a softy; instead he only wanted to see him as one that was completely strong.

‘Drake, you might want to quit your wondering before any of them hear you, thinking these things about me and just because I told you that I found her, doesn’t mean that I want all of them to know about her. Besides, the only reason that I told you was because I knew that you might need someone to openly talk to about all of this, of course though we can’t let our brothers know.’

‘Thanks, Soren. And you will finish telling me about her tonight right?’ I asked him, and without waiting for a response, I walked into the room. I could see that everyone was already paired up. So I practiced my transformation from one to the other quickly so I could do it faster, if we ever got into a battle.

You see, because we were of the royal family we not only could change into werewolves, but we all had a second form that is specific to us for example I also change into a black mamba, though I did prefer my wolf form, just because I felt stronger. So they could all change into a different animal too. Ryker is a dark brown wolf with light brown on the tips of his ears, on the tip of his tail and on his paws. His other form was a mink; even though his other form was small he could still be just as ferocious as any other animal. Adrian is a light brown wolf with blond on the tips of his ears, on the tip of his tail and on his paws. His other form was a large palomino horse. For the longest time he thought it was wrong that he was a horse and not a more manly type of animal, but he has sort of grown to like it because he can still get around quickly. Soren is a dark brown wolf with deep blue lightning bolt streaks down his sides. His other form is a brownish colored panther with almost a blue tint to his fur. His twin, Storm, is a dark brown wolf with deep red lightning bolt streaks down his sides. His other form was a jaguar with a red tint to his fur. Tad is a dark orange brown wolf with auburn color on the tips of his ears, on the tip of his tail and on his paws. His other form was the only one that was not land animal, instead he was Hawk. His twin, Tait’s wolf was the opposite of his. His wolf is an auburn color wolf with orange brown color on tips of his ears, on the tip of his tail and his on paws. His other animal is a red fox. My wolf was a white wolf with black around the eyes, on tips of my ears, on the tip of my tail and on my paws. Unlike, all of my brothers whose eyes were same color as when they were in human, mine were the opposite; my eyes were purple with grey specks.

I practiced the different transformation, until I saw Zaire run in towards me. ‘Hey, there Zaire.’

‘Hey, and don’t worry, she has other jobs she has to worry about when she is not with you guys.’ He told me, answering my unspoken question. ‘Can you help me with training?’

‘Of course, little guy.’ I told him because it was mine and my brothers jobs to train him due to the fact that his father died when he was younger and since we were his uncles sons and our father taught us; it was our job to train him. ‘Why don’t you change?’

‘Which one?’ since he was related to us on our father’s side of the family he could also change into two different animals. He, of course, was a wolf. His wolf was dark brown in color and his eyes like mine switched; so instead of blue with green specks, they were green with blue specks. His other form was a lion, but since he was only five years old he was still a cub.

‘Whichever one you want?’ he chose the wolf for today.

For the rest of the day, we all trained. Later, that night after I was sure everyone had gone to bed, I tried talking to Soren.

‘Soren, can you come over and finish talking to me, please?’

‘I am already outside your door.’ As he said that, he opened up my bedroom door and walked over to my window bench and sat across from me. “What do you want to talk to me about?”

“So you met your soulmate? What did you mean by again?”

“Yeah.” He says with a slight smile, before he continues. “Well, you probably don’t remember it because you were only a year old and I was three, but one day mom took me into town and said that I could play in the woods in wolf form, while she was looking around the town. So I did, but then all of sudden as I was playing I felt a strong pull coming from one direction so I followed and it lead me right to a doorstep of someone’s house. I knew whatever had led me here was on the other side of that door, so I whined and whined until someone opened that door.” He paused and I could tell that he was remembering that day perfectly. “It was a little girl, I thought she was just beautiful, even though I was only three years old she was still the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. She had beautiful brown that was tied up in pigtails with dark blue bows. She wore a simple blue dress, but I was mostly fascinated by her deep brown eyes. When she looked down and saw me a big smile came onto her face and she instantly went down onto her knees and pulled me into a hug. ‘Hi, puppy.’ She told me and I licked her face, making her giggle. ‘My name is Lilith Aurora, but everyone calls me Lily,’ she told me acting like I was a little kid her age not a wolf at the time. ‘I’m going to call you, Kade.’ She said and I knew we had a connection because it always seemed like she could tell what was slightly going on in my mind. So from that day forward, I came visited her every time, mom went into town. Until, one day I came and found out that she and her family had moved. I was so disappointed that someone, who pretty much told me everything about herself didn’t tell me she was moving.” I watched his face as he told me this and noticed that it had grown very sad.

“But you said you found her, again?”

“Yeah, I did, but that wasn’t, but a couple weeks ago; though I had been searching for her since that day. When I did find her, she was next to a stream, washing off her face with the cold water and even though she is older, I still recognized her for there was still that really strong pull. When she looked up and saw me, she also knew exactly who I was for she yelled Kade, but I was able to tell her that my name was not Kade because since we are older our connection is stronger and it had greatly changed since we were little, for when she looked into my eyes, I felt like I was bearing my soul to her and hers to mine.” He said, then stopped not wanting to get too personal with his feelings.

“So you found her, then how come you can sleep at night? Because I can’t even get any sleep.”

He chuckles slightly, “I can’t sleep every night, but the nights that I do get sleep it’s because I sneak off in wolf form to go her and sleep next to her.”

“How do you get inside her house, though?” It puzzled me at how he could sleep next to her in a house and not have neighbors notice a big giant wolf sneaking into her house.

“She’s on the run with a friend, so I don’t have to sneak in. I just have to keep track of where they are at.”

“She’s on the run?”

“Yeah,” I could tell that it concerned him deeply that his mate was running away from something and that there was nothing he could do to help her.

“So do you think that the only way for me to get any sleep is to find a way to make it so she can sleep with me?” I asked him to try to change the subject, so that he wasn’t so upset.

“Yeah,” he said slightly laughing at my “stupidity”. “Do you not remember anything that mom and dad has ever told us about mates?”

“No, not really. I mean, when they were telling us all of that stuff I was only twelve and they haven’t really told us it, again since we have gotten older.”

“No, I guess they haven’t. Well anyways, they always said that once we found her; she would be the only thing that we would be able to think about. That without her by our side, we would be lost forever and once she was beside us, we would be stronger. We could finally sleep a full night.”

“Ok, so I just have to figure out a way.”

“Yeah.” We both sat in silence for a little while me thinking about a way for me to get her by my side and I’m pretty sure he was thinking about his girl, which has probably always been on his mind since he first met her. “Well, you keep thinking of a way. I am going to go try and get a little bit of sleep,” with that he left me to my thoughts.

I wonder, if I could ask dad if she could get a room near our lounge, so that we do not have to wait for her a long time and so that to make sure she got enough food; so that if we have to take her places with us it doesn’t look so bad. I knew that that was my plan and I was going to try and put into action tomorrow.

The routine started, again, the next day. I listened as she gave her answer to Zaire. When Soren came walking to the room, again, to get me to go to training; I decided to tell him about my idea. “Come on Drake, you have to come to practice with us.”
“Actually, Soren I am going to go talk to dad about something first.”
“What now?” he asked, knowing that it had to deal with Miranda and about what we had talked about last night.
“Well, you know that room next door, right?”
“Yeah, what about it?” he said cocking his head to side showing more emotion because he knew that I was on to something that could potentially make me a lot happier, which he liked.
“Well, I am going to ask him, if she could have that room so that if we ever need anything then she is right there and we don’t have to walk somewhere and get it ourselves.” I said, telling him what I was going to tell dad, but he knew the real reason behind it that’s why a slight smile came on his face.
“You go ask him that then. If he asks that one of us need to also agree, then you can come and get me and I will come and support you, ok?”
“Yeah, thanks.”
“Your welcome. Now, hurry up!” he said, but I was already out of the room and rushing down the hallway. I practically ran all the way there, but right as I was about to turn the corner to huge French doors that were being guarded; I stopped.
‘Why am I doing this?’ I questioned, myself wondering why exactly I wanted this so bad that I could possibly forget about all of the horrible consequences that could come along with it.
‘Because we need to be closer to our mate.’ The animal inside of me responded, knowing that this was the only way and he wasn’t going to allow me to blow it. ‘So, stop being such a chicken and get in there already.’ Once this was said I immediately walked straight to the doors.
“Hello, boys I would like to speak to my father.” I said to Anderson and Chet, who were two of my father’s favorite guards.
“He is actually in a meeting right now, sir and told us to not allow anyone to interrupt it.” Chet answered, seeing as though Anderson hardly ever spoke.
“Well, I am not just anyone, now am I boys? So you will allow me through, so that I can speak to my father.” I told them making sure that they got the point that he was my father and that they were below me.
“Yes, sir.” Chet said opening up the door, for me to walk in. I walked into the room and noticed that my father indeed was talking to the beta and the gamma. He looked stressed, but when he heard the door open he looked up and saw me and his face instantly changed to one of relief.
“Hello Drake, what can I do for you?” he said immediately changing the topic from the very stressful one that he was just having.
“Actually father, I was hoping that I could just talk to you alone for a minute or two.”
“Of course, of course. Boys you are dismissed for now so that I can talk to my son.” They immediately got up to leave the room; slightly bowing their heads as they walked past me. I glanced over my father’s shoulder and saw that Talon was still standing there. When my father followed my gaze, he automatically frowned. “Now, Drake you know that Talon must stay. He is my close guard after all.”
You see my father may be alpha over our pack, but he was king over everyone, even those who were not in the actual pack, so he still had to have people protect him. “Fine, whatever he can stay.” I just stood there for a moment or two, before I realized that I should just go sit down. So I walked over to one of the chairs and slumped down into it. Though it did not go unnoticed from my attention that my father frowned at my behavior at not acting like a true prince, like my mother raised me to be; so I did sit up a little bit straighter.
“Ok, what is it you needed to talk to me about?”
“Well, my brothers and I decided that it would be beneficial to all of us, if our slave was put into the room right across the hall from us. So that if any emergency, we needed her then we wouldn’t have to go down into the slaves’ quarter to find her.” I hated how I had to sound so conceited.
“So, I take it, that you all approve of this slave. That Talon actually found a good slave for you guys, this time?” he said, and I noticed how that at the beginning of this conversation Talon had gone stiff, when I mentioned our slave and now that he heard that we all liked he was even more stiff then before.
“Yes, we all really like her.”
“Ok, then.” He said then he turned slightly towards Talon. “Ok, you heard my son, the slave should be moved into that room tonight and not be put back down into that dungeon, got that son?”
“Yes, sir, but I do not think that it is beneficial because I believe that all of the other slaves will then think that she is getting special treatment.”
“I do not care; this is what is going to happen. So tonight once all the slaves are back down there, you will go down there and get her after you make sure that the room is set up for her, do I make myself clear?” my father said in a strict tone, towards Talon.
“Yes, sir.” He said in strong, clear voice. Though I could see that, he did not like situation that Miranda was being put into and for some odd reason it made me think that he actually cared about her; Which made me both angry at the fact that for some reason he cares about her and also happy that I know that he is not completely a jerk towards her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, there's the last one for today, maybe I will get a chance to post one or two more before I go back to school next week! Hope you enjoy this story!!