The Seven Sons: The Slave

Chapter Eight: Drake

Chapter 8

Drake

Once I left my father’s office, my excitement started to get the best of me. I was so happy that I got her into a comfortable place to stay, that for once I had a put a small smile on my face as I walked down the hallway. When I got to the practice room, I noticed that they were already practicing. They all continued, but quickly glanced back over at me.
“Drake!” Zaire yelled or more like shrieked as ran towards me jumping on me and for I practically had a full blown smile on my face, but I still wouldn’t be completely happy until I have at my side all the time.
“Hey, Zaire!”
“Why are you so happy all of sudden?” Adrian asks, from where he and Ryker are still going at it.
“You have an issue with me actually looking happy?” I ask him, raising an eyebrow at him. He just looked, trying to focus on the fight. While I heard Ryker let out a chuckle.
“You know what he is meaning, Drake. It is just nice to see without a completely straight face,” says Tait a huge smile on his face as he sticks up for the brother that he looks up to. He lost focus while he was talking and giving me a huge smile that he forgot that he and Tad were fighting. So when Tad swung his fist towards him, he instantly went down.
“Geez, Tad, I was talking.”
“Well, maybe you should try and stay focus on what you’re doing, instead focusing more on the conversation. Of course I’m stronger than you anyways so I guess it wouldn’t really matter now would it?” he smirks down at Tait and I can’t help, but notice that he is just doing it to egg him. Tad maybe, one of the nicer ones out of all my brothers, but he definitely could have a mean and competitive streak. He also had a tendency to mock and make fun of them just to irritate them.
I thought for sure that Tait was going to get up and show that he was not stronger; he didn’t he just sat there, giving his twin a such a harsh gaze that it wouldn’t surprise if Tad dropped over dead. “That’s what I thought you realize I am better than you.” Tad said as he turned his back on Tait, I knew what Tad was trying to do. He was going to get him angry, so that he fought irrationally and not focus on his skill. He got exactly what he wanted for in that next moment Tait had launched himself at Tad.
Tad quickly sidestepped him and was not harmed while Tait had too much momentum and came crashing down onto the ground without his target. Again, he launched himself this time shifting as fast as he could into his red fox form; at the same time though Tad had quickly shifted into his hawk form. So by the fox landed back onto his feet, the hawk was already up in the air above.
Tait started jumping up into the air trying to catch Tad, too lost to realize that his wolf would have had an easier time at trying to catch him instead of a small little fox. Since he was too far gone it gave Tad the advantage that he would need to overpower him.
So it wasn’t a surprise when he came swooping down towards Tait because we could all clearly see what was going to happen. It was quite amazing though, how even by how fast he was plunging to the ground he was able to shift quick enough that when he land on top of Tait he was in his giant wolf form pinning Tait down. He quickly stepped on him with one paw to his chest to pin him down onto the ground to give him more leverage to swiftly lean down bite down on his neck to keep him from shifting into any form until he finally decided to give up.
It didn’t take long to relax and break eye contact, the sign of giving in and surrendering to your opponent. That was the way that our father taught, it was raising our own little white flag. It was shown as disgraceful to surrender during any fight that was a fight to the death. It was an acknowledgement that to an opponent that you were not strong enough and in a fight to the death it gave the true fighter the right to decide the fate of the other person.
Tait had calmed down enough to realize the situation he was in had no way out because no matter what he did he was in a compromising situation that had no out. So he did surrender.
Tad rolled off of him even in his wolf form smirking. They both switched back to human form; Tait’s gentle smile becoming a full blown smirk and Tad’s big giant smile becoming a permanent scowl.
“Wow, Tad, you’re such a cheater. You took advantage of the fact that I was trying to be happy because Mr. Stone Cold Face there is actually smiling for once instead of the closed off face that he usually wears.” Tad, just rolled his eyes, the smirk still very much on his face. “So before I was so rudely attacked, it’s nice to see you smiling. I wish you would tell us the reason that we could go and genuinely thank this mysterious thing for giving us our brother back.”
“Well, just know that this thing that is making me happy means a lot to me and could probably destroy me if anything ever happened to it.” I said, as I put down Zaire and walked over to sit by Soren.
“Great, another riddle from you, except this time it’s not trying to figure out what you’re feeling, but to figure out what you are meaning.” Tait grumbles to himself, but seeing as we were all shifters we had really good hearing, so we could all hear him. we all chuckled about what he said and I even heard Soren, who was usually really silent, chuckle causing me to look over at him.
Once everyone had gone back to what they were doing, I looked back over at Soren to see him looking at me with a small true smile on his face. ‘What?’I ask through our private mind link, slightly confused by the smile because he only ever showed slight emotions through his eyes and if it was on his face it didn’t usually meet his eyes.
‘Father said yes to your plan, didn’t he?’
‘Yeah, but is it that noticeable?’ His laugh resounded through my mind.
‘Well to me, yeah because I know that the only thing that can make you feel and look that way is your mate. Plus, I know it would make you so much happier knowing that she is living decently.’ I could tell that he meant what he said, though it almost sounded like there was a hint of jealousy within his thought.
‘I am elated that she is closer to me, so I know that she is safe.’
‘Trust me, I understand.’ He got up to start practicing more. ‘Come on, practicing awaits us.’ I could tell that he was trying to forget about his mate. I wanted to know more about his mate; so that maybe I could understand him more and our connection could be stronger over the fact that we had this in common. Maybe eventually he would tell me about her, I hope.
‘She’ll be by your side, I can count on it. You won’t allow her to keep living like that for much longer and she will realize that too.’ I walked over to where he was already standing in a fighting stance.
“Thank you.” I heard his quiet whisper, barely even audible to my ears. It still put a grin on my face, knowing that he genuinely cared for this girl, whoever she was. And I hope to someday soon meet her.
The rest of that day, I had a smile on my face. All my siblings and everyone else in the castle would just smile at me when I walked by. Later I walked into the lounge to see Soren sitting on the couch, the rest of the place deserted. He sat with the TV on low his head resting on the back of the couch, his eyes closed. I quietly sat down on the couch watching the TV. I heard a chuckle next to me and looked over at Soren to see his eyes half open.
“What?”
“You look like Zaire does after he’s had multiple cupcakes.”
“No, I don’t.” he just chuckles at me.
“You excited to be able to stay with her tonight.”
“Yeah, I’m hoping that I might be able to get a better nights sleep.”
“Ha, like that is the only reason. You know, you will just be happier having her sleeping right next to you all night.”
“Yeah, I know. I just can’t wait till I get to see her tonight.”
“Of course, I know that feeling. I get that way the day that I am going to go see Lilith.” I watch him as he says this and at the beginning he looks upset once he said her name he got just a tiny smile on his face. What kind of surprised me though was that he actually had emotion in his voice as he spoke.
“What is she like?”
“Who?”
“Lilith, I think that’s what you said?”
“Oh.” He tells me as looks at me through his bangs. “Before, I tell you, you have to promise me that you won’t tell anybody about her. I will tell them when I’m ready to tell them.”
“I promise, I won’t just like I know that you won’t tell anyone about how I feel about Miranda.”
“Ok, then. I’ll tell you.” He sat up perfectly straight for the first time since we started talking. “Well, you already know that her name is Lilith. What else do you want to know?”
For the rest of that afternoon, he sat there and told me about her. The way he talked about her, you could tell just how much he loved. It made me realize that we were the same and the way that we loved a girl was the same. Only difference was that I could see her during the day and spend a whole night lying by her side, while he only got to see her once maybe twice a month.

I waited till I was pretty sure that she would be a sleep, before I shifted and walked to her room.

I hoped that I wouldn’t wake her, but that hope was soon crushed when I heard the rustling of bed sheets. Should I just leave or should I just go in; those thoughts ran through my head and figured she would be less freaked out by a giant-sized wolf standing in her room than for no one to be there at all.

I watched in amusement, as she sat up and looked towards her closet and bathroom; it just made me chuckle at how she wouldn’t think to look at the door to the bedroom. It also kind of worried me though that if she was in any danger, she wouldn’t be looking in the right places, so when it hit her she would be really surprised. I knew that meant that I would have to protect and keep her safe, but that thought made me happy to think about.

Once she thought about actually looking towards her door, I was already in the middle of the room. I would have thought that like most normal people that she would have screamed, but instead she just had this look like she was still in a dream. In the next moment though I saw the realization dawn on her face and heard a very light audible ‘oh’ escape her lips. It surprised me the most when I saw that dazzling smile, that on that first day I wished she would smile at me, directed towards me.

I saw her slowly get up and start walking towards me; it made me wonder why she was not afraid or scared to get so close to a nine foot tall wolf.

I forgot she was walking towards me for as soon as she stepped in front of the large window that had the full moons light shining through it, all I could see was her beauty. Her hair flowed loosely in light wave to middle of her back and even though I was sure that slaves didn’t get regular haircuts her hair still looked even more perfect than that of a noble ladies. She had on a light pink nightgown that almost became see-through, so that I could see the outline of her skinny figure.

I was so caught up in the way that she looks that I didn’t realize that she had stuck her hand out, like the way little kids a taught to do to strange dogs and I was definitely not a dog. So I couldn’t help, but to roll my eyes and sniff her hand so that at least I wouldn’t scare her too bad. I carefully nudged her hand after sniffing it careful not to frighten her, to let her know that it was okay. After she got the permission she started to reach for the top of my head to pet me, but seeing as I am nine feet tall and she is five foot three inches, she had to stand her tip toes and stretch. She ended losing her balance causing me to quickly move my head forward to prevent her from falling straight to the floor. It really confused me, when she giggled after I caught for I had no idea why she would.

I made sure that she carefully set back on her feet, before I pushed her toward the bed. Again she laughed and it wasn’t just some small silent laugh it was one that made my heart melt, which made me feel so much like a girl, but it was because of my girl, so I didn’t feel ashamed. Once she was sat down, I tenderly laid my head on her lap and allowed her to pet the top of my head, though normally I was against having people pet because I am not a dog, but she’s my mate and I would do anything for her. Besides, it even calmed my wolf even more allowing me just a little bit more control.

I couldn’t help the noise sound of contentment that sounded when she started to scratch me behind the ears. She quickly pulled her hand away and I realized that it scared her causing my animal to take control to get her attention back, while I was pushed to the back seat watching her reaction. Her eyes were wide out of fear that we might do something and he realized this too and whimpered. Then he gingerly nudged her hand, her eyes softened and she started to pet us again.
“It’s ok; you just kind of startled me.” she whispered quietly, her saying allowed my wolf to give me back the control. She started scratching him behind the ear, again. For the longest time, we just sat looking at each, content with just sitting there; not worrying about anything, but my beautiful mate. It made me really happy that I was finally close to her and that she liked me being near.

It almost made me smile, even though I was in wolf form, it made me sad though that she didn’t actually know that it was me. So in the morning she wouldn’t realize that I was the here by her side during the night. I knew my attachment was growing even more towards this girl and that it could possibly hurt me, but I didn’t really care; I loved her attention and I just plainly loved her too much for my own good, right now.

She all of sudden let out a big yawn and even though she tries hiding all her emotions, I could tell how tired she was; I couldn’t help but to cock my head to the side wondering why, she just didn’t push me away if she was that tired. When I saw her yawn again, I pushed her back more to the middle of the bed for her to crawl underneath the comforter.

I knew that she accepted me, but I didn’t think that she would want a giant wolf sleeping, so I started to slink away from the bed towards the door. So it shocked me when she patted the spot next to her. I turned back with a smile on my face even though it probably looked weird considering I am a wolf smiling, but it didn’t seem to frighten her so I knew that it was ok.

Once I was next to her I could feel her shaking from the cold, I wish I could be in human form so I could wrap her in my arms, but I knew that that was not an option. It made me so frustrated that I couldn’t do something though.

When she scooted closer- pressing against me and tangling her hands into my fur- I could tell that she was warmer and more comfortable for she quickly fell into a deep sleep.
Listening to her deep breathing, I fell into the deepest sleep that I have ever had. That night I made another promise to her that I planned to keep. I am going to do anything in my power to make sure that you are always this comfortable.

The next morning I woke up before she did. I knew that I needed to get up and leave before she woke up, but the warmth from her body still pressed up against me was trying to lull me back to sleep. So instead I just layed there for a while looking down at her, watching her sleep.
Watching her, knowing that she was right there gave me a sense of peace. I wished that I could be inhuman, to be able to wrap my arms around, but for now I would just have to be content with her being next to me. I quickly realized that in not long Talon would be coming to wake her up for the day so I quickly slid out of the bed trying my best not to wake her. I watched as she tried scooting closer her arms reaching out for me. It made me whimper and my wolf wanted to take control to give our mate what she wanted. Instead of giving in I pulled a pillow and her arms automatically clutched it.
I shifted right before I left her room. I only looked back once a smile coming across my face at the sight of her. Her face was calm and gentle; it wasn’t the blank mask that usually covered her face. She had couple pieces of hair falling in her face but the rest was just softly pooled around her. It made me realize that one I was going to make her mine, no matter anyone told me.
I quickly left her because even though it was still dark out, I knew she had to get up early and that Talon would be coming soon and I didn’t want him to see me. Otherwise, there would be great trouble for the both of us. And I especially didn’t want Talon to know considering that he seemed to actually care about her, which made me wonder what his tie was to her. I didn’t have long to worry about it though for as soon as I stepped into my room. There was a knock on my door.
I went to my door and saw my oldest brother, standing there with Soren standing slightly behind him.
“We need to talk.” He said and I could tell by the seriousness in his voice that he knew something was up and he wasn’t going to allow me to get away with not telling him what it was.
I allowed them into my room, then I shut my door and went and sat on the bed next to Ryker. Soren sat down on the window bench looking out into the night sky. By the sadness on his face I knew that he was missing her.
It was silent for a while before Ryker finally decided to break the awkward silence. “What’s going on?”
“What are you talking?” the intense gaze he was giving me was making me nervous for he had that Alpha look in his that told me that no matter what I was going to tell him.
“Drake, don’t play with me. I have notice a great difference with and I mean even right now, you look like you have gotten the best sleep of your life. And I am pretty sure that it has to do with Miranda because I have that you have gotten very protective over her and that while we all go to the training room, you stay in here and do something. I mean, especially on the first day that she became our slave I noticed a difference in the way you acted- how you were getting mad at how our brothers were talking about her. Also I noticed how when Storm hit her you almost jumped out of your chair. Then today – well I guess it was yesterday- but you came into the practice room practically smiling your face off and that hasn’t happened in a long time, then come to find out you had asked dad to move her closer to our lounge. Though you did tell it was for our benefit, you never cared before so I know something is up, please tell me what it is.” I could tell that he was really curious and also that he was concerned. “ Please, I just want to know, so that maybe I can help her.”
I knew that I could trust him, it was just the fact that I wasn’t sure that since he was going to be our alpha what he believed about my mate being a slave. I know that Soren was okay with it, but that’s also because he knows what it is like to have a mate. So I was afraid that if he didn’t approve then he would tell mom and dad and if they didn’t approve, it would create complete chaos. Zaire, who was getting closer and closer to her would be absolutely devastated. I knew that she would be thrown out and maybe even hurt, which would kill me. I also knew that I would go down with her because there was no way I couldn’t be without her, even though she didn’t know about her being my mate yet.
‘Drake, calm down.’ I looked up at Soren to see him looking at me.
‘How can I calm down, when if he doesn’t approve then there will be bad consequences.’ I told him, freaking out slightly. He just kind of laughed at me in his mind.
‘Drake, Drake. He’s our older brother have you ever noticed that he would never do anything to hurt us like that. Besides, if I approve don’t you think that the brother that always supports us will?’
‘I know that, but this is different he doesn’t know what it is like to have a mate and you do. And have you told him about your mate.’ He just kind of shakes his head.
‘Yes, he knows and he also knows that I know what is going on with you.’
‘I don’t know, Soren.’
‘Just trust me, you are going to be fine- Miranda is going to still be safe maybe even more.’ I looked him the eyes, I could tell he was being completely honest with and not lying to me. ‘Tell him, you deserve to be happy. Also I want you to be able to have a little bit more than what I have with Lilith.’
‘Okay, I guess I will.’
‘I’m here, don’t worry everything will be fine.’
I look back at Ryker and I realized that he had seen that we were having a conversation, just decided not to say anything figuring that it was something I needed.
“Please, tell me. I know Soren knows something and I would like to be here for you too.” He paused because I still didn’t say anything. I could see the kindness in his eyes and knew that he would accept me no matter what.
‘Go on.’ Once I heard Soren say that,I decided to just tell willing to take on whatever came along.
“She’s my mate.” I told him, staring at the floor almost afraid to look up at him. Then I realized that I shouldn’t be afraid, I was willing to take this on even if it meant defying my own brother eventual alpha. So I looked up at him with what I hoped was a defiant look on my face to show him that even if he disapproved that I would go against him and protect her.
He smiled, “You don’t need to give me that I look its ok. I support you. I have seen the girl and I think she will be good thing for you.” I couldn’t help, but to let out a sigh of relief.
“Thanks, Ryker.”
“Your welcome. Have you told her yet?”
“No, I think she would freak out on me.”
“Ok.”
‘Told you he wouldn’t care and that he would support you.’
“Shut up, Soren. How did Ryker even now that you knew something?” I say and Soren just kind of glances at Ryker.
“Well…”
“I have known since we were little kids and he had first met her because we have always talked even since and still talk. Also I could just tell that he was happier by something and that the whole reason he was shut off from all of you guys was all because he felt different from everyone. So I could tell that he felt more open- he could share part of him that actually knows whats shes going through.”
“Thanks for making it sound like a complete sob story.”
“Oh, you know it’s the complete and honest truth, Soren.”
“Yeah, yeah, but its not like I wanted one of our younger brothers to know that.” He grumbles at Ryker not liking that Ryker told me about his feelings.
“Oh, you’ll get over it baby brother. He won’t judge you, I bet he even likes that he has you to relate to.”
“I know that. It’s just… whatever.” He says turning back towards the window, I just kind of chuckled. He looked back over at me when he heard me and gave me this almost mean look, but since he has started being more open with me, I could see the playfulness in his eyes. “You just be quiet mister.”
“What?”
“Oh, you little brat.” He says as he launches himself at me catching me off guard and putting me in a headlock. “You’re the soft one.” He tighten his grip on me slightly when I start to laugh even more from what he is trying to get me to admit.
“Yeah right you are the softy, trying to act all tough and indifferent.” I looked up at him through my bangs and I could see playfulness and for a moment it actually looked like he was afraid. Before he could do anything else though Ryker stepped in.
“Ok, Ok- it’s time to break it up. It’s barely even daylight out and I don’t know about you the two of you, but I am still really tired.”
“Well, you didn’t have to come and interrogate me- well, at least not at this time.” I say as Soren lets go of my neck and I straighten myself out.
“Actually it was the only time because any other times my other noisy brothers…”
“Hey I’m not…” Soren tries interrupting.
“Ok, Soren you are not really since you somehow already seem to know everything, but our other brothers like to meddle into business that is not theirs to know.” Ryker says looking over at Soren and rolling his eyes. “Since I now know all of this I’m going back to bed, you two can do whatever you want, but just know that Miranda will be in to wake us up in about an hour. So good “night”, Soren, Drake.” He nods his head then walks out.
I turn to Soren, who had gone back to looking through the window out at the slowly rising sun. “Drake, do you think that I will eventually get what you have?”
“Soren with the way that you care about everyone, you deserve more than I what I have. And right now she doesn’t even know what she means to me.”
“Yeah, but your still closer to being with her. So be happy,” he gives me a look that is almost far away, “you deserve it.” For a second, his eyes fogged over and you could have almost swore that he was going to let some tears fall, but that wasn’t who he was. He was the type of person that was sensitive on the inside, so unless he allows you won’t know that he can be sensitive.
“Don’t worry your girl probably is just waiting for you.”
“Yeah, if only I could save her.” He mumbled making me wonder exactly type of situation she was in that he couldn’t save her from. Him being really quiet and not elaborating right away meant that it was really troubling him and now was not the time to question him.
“Soren what do want to do while we wait for her to come wake us up?”
“I don’t know, all I know is that I am really tired all thanks to Ryker’s constant pestering.” We both decide to just sit back and relax, both of just allowing our thoughts to take over.
He sat up straighter when we heard the knocking on the doors start. We could hear her knock on one door and then knock on the same door, again. She finally called in soft sweet voice, “Umm… sir Soren, its time to get up?” she paused and waited for an answer, but when there still wasn’t one she spoke again with just a little bit more edge to her voice. “Soren, sir, it’s time to get up and come have breakfast.”
“Drake, you might want to tell that I am not in there.” Soren said breaking me out of my thoughts about the sound of her voice.
“Oh, right that I might be smart.” He kind of chuckled at me because he knew slightly of what I was thinking about.
‘He’s not in the room.’ I knew that she had heard me when we heard her knock on another door and the groan of one of our brothers. He got up and walked to the door waiting for her to knock on my door so that he could go out before I did.
“Sir, its time to get up.” She spoke right outside the door and Soren waited till I was right by his side before he opened up the door. He set his hand on her shoulder to kind of move her to the side before he passed and put her back where she was before he moved her. He went to lift his hand though she flinched making me growl thinking that he might it her and just because of the plain fact that he scared her. Instead, he just set his hand on her shoulder to move her to the side so that he could pass by her then to move her back in front of me, winking at me.
‘There is no need to worry, brother. I wasn’t and will never hurt her.’ I looked at his eyes and I could see the truth in his eyes about he was telling me.
‘I know you wouldn’t.’
‘If I did it would be like me saying that my girl wasn’t worth it.’ In that moment I knew that he was brother and even more so know he would support me. ‘Now you better focus on your girl because she is looking really confused right now.’
“Good morning.” I told, when he walked away.
“Good morning, sir.” She said looking up at me through her long eyelashes, so that my brothers wouldn’t see her. “I hope you slept well, sir.”
I was surprised that she even spoke more sure that she was just going to say that one sentence until I spoke again. “I did actually, it was a very peaceful night. And I bet that you had a well night too.”
“I did, thank you, sir.” She blushed and it sparked something in me and all I wanted to do was reach and wrap her in my arms. The color of her eyes just made me feel an even more powerful emotion for her. The connection between us was drawing us even closer together and without any thought I felt myself moving closer to her.
‘Drake, you might not want to do that right now.’ Ryker’s voice sounding in my head made me realize that I needed to take a step back before the rest of my brothers saw me.
“Well sir, I’m going to go start my duties. I hope you enjoy your meal.” She told me and walked off.
The way she was talking today almost made her seem calm and more open about who she actually she is. It made me curious because I can still remember that first day when her face was emotionless, but you could almost see the defiance in her face. Now though for some reason she seemed to be softening and I was pretty sure that maybe she was starting to become and show the person that she truly is.
‘She’s ok, you know that right.’
‘Yeah, I just wish that it would be safe for me to tell her how much actually means to me. And that once I actually do, she won’t be scared of me.’
‘Drake, stop worrying about because by the looks of it she has already started letting down her walls in front of you.’
‘Yeah, listen to Ryker. He may not know exactly how we are feeling, but what he’s saying is true.’ Soren says, joining into the conversation.
‘Thanks.’ I look over at Ryker and he gives me the smallest smile without anybody else noticing, then I looked over at Soren and he looked up at me. He didn’t give me a smile, but that was because he had to make it seem like he was still himself, though you could see the look in eyes that he was happy.
The next couple of weeks went the same, I would go into her room at night and she would sit there or we would be laying down on her bed. She would pet and snuggle against my fur as she let me know who she was just a little bit more. In the morning she would come wake me up and she would say a couple more lines to me before she would turn away.
The turning away was what always hurt me the most all I wanted to do was keep her next to me and not let her go. Also when she left it made me feel like she was leaving me for good and not just for a little while. I didn’t want to lose her for somehow without her even realizing she had charmed me so much that I was pretty sure that if she wasn’t my mate she still would have found her way into my heart.
This day was no different and when she turned from me, I got that same feeling, I didn’t realize that something was going to change that day.
Today instead of listening into her conversation with Zaire, like I usually would do, I just went straight to the practice room with my brothers. We were all practicing when a stronger presence showed up into the room- our father.
“Ryker, Soren, Drake I would like to talk to you boys. So follow me.” We all silently followed behind him wondering what this was going to be about, wanting to ask each other, but knowing that our father could fight through our barriers without breaking a sweat.
We walked into his office to find our mother sitting in his chair talking to Talon as if she was his mother, which wasn’t very far from the truth considering she was the pack alpha and he was part of the pack.
“Hello Talon, hello dear.” He said as he walked and put his hands on my mom’s shoulder, giving her a delicate kiss that even from across the room you could see the love between them. I looked at my brothers I could tell that Soren felt the same as me that he too also wished that we could have what they have. Ryker on the other hand just had plain smile on his face.
“Hello, dear.”
“Hello, sir.” Talon said while walking towards the door to leave. “I’ll be…”
“No son, you can stay. You care going to be in the main guard, you need to know about all of the dealings.” He spoke to Talon with an almost command coming through his voice, making Talon come back further into the room and stood in a corner of the room.
“Ok, now onto business.” He said still standing behind my mother with a smile on his face. “So it seems to me that Miranda has become more of a personal slave to you guys and that she will probably not be going anywhere, am I correct?”
We all nodded in response to him. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Talon stiffen at this topic. You could feel that he was uncomfortable by this, but the reason of it was still unknown to all of us and to me especially.
“Well, I was thinking that eventually you guys might want to tell about the pack because I believe that she does deserve to know. It would also be a lot more beneficial for everyone. Besides, she will probably find out anyways.”
“Sir, I need to go, so excuse me please.” Talon spoke up, we could all hear the slight anger in his voice. It almost made him seem as if he didn’t want her to know and that he actually cared about whether she knew or not, which actually confused me.
”You may leave. That is fine.” My father told him and you could see them share a look as if my father knew what was actually going through his mind. Talon left the room quickly, like if he didn’t get out of there in that moment then he might blow.
“Anyways, I’m going to leave it up to you guys to tell her since you guys would probably be the most responsible and won’t try to scare her too much.”
“Ok, we’ll get it done.” Ryker told him.
“You guys, may go back to practicing.”
We all said goodbye to our parents and started walking towards the door. “Boys, wait I want you to promise me that you will be gentle to that girl, she is delicate.”
“We promise mom.” We all said, but the way she had said it was like she was trying to imply something different, especially when she looked me in the eye, like she knew what I felt. Then we left the room.
“So how we should tell her… we’ll show her.” Soren asks.
“Well, I think that we should just allow things to happen and just maybe have Zaire bring her to the room or something…” I could hear them talking, but my mind was focused on the fact that I would finally found out whether she would run away from me. Then maybe I could actually tell her that she was my mate. Wait, a minute…
“Oh, crap.” Why didn’t I think of that? She’s going to hate me.
“What is it, Drake?” Crap, she is definitely going to hate me, I mean I can definitely tell that it will hurt her that I didn’t tell her right away. Crap, crap…
“Crap.”
“Drake, tell us what is wrong?” Soren said as he put his hands on my shoulder and looked me directly in the eyes. I could hear the concern and see it on their faces that they could tell that something was wrong. I knew I had to tell them otherwise I would really screw this all up when it came time to tell her because I would be so stressed on the fact that I might be hurting her that nothing would go right.
“What if…she hates me.”
“Where did this come from?”
“Ryker, you don’t get it. I mean, she is going to find out by seeing all of us and what she sees me and when I tell her what she means me to me, what happens if she gets mad at me. She could get mad because I wasn’t the one that first told her. What happens if she gets mad because I didn’t just tell her that first night. I mean…”
“Drake, stop it. Everything is going to be fine.”
“Ryker, you don’t know that. You don’t know what its like to think that the one person that you love the most might hate your guts because of something that you have done to them.” I could tell that I had hurt him by yelling at him, but it was already starting to freak me out that she just might feel that way about me. “I’m sorry, Ryker, I really didn’t mean to snap at you.”
“It’s ok, you’re just stressed out about everything. It’s also my fault that I didn’t take into consideration about how much this does affect you.” He said pulling me into a hug.
“What am I going to do?”
“Nothing.” We both looked at Soren as he spoke. “You’re not going to do anything, just let what happens happen. When the time comes to tell her that she is your mate , then explain to her why you couldn’t tell her.”
“What if she won’t believe me?”
“Then we will deal with that when and if it comes to that. Otherwise, just go along with it. Besides, she might not be very open to me, but the one thing that I have noticed is that she seems to be very accepting and non-judgmental that I think she will believe what you say and she will understand.” He stared at me, his large ice blues staring into mine, like he was trying to will me to believe him and believe that everything will be ok. Of course, his words also gave me new hope that no matter what I could count on him and Ryker and that I wouldn’t be alone.
So with all the words spoken, we trudged forward waiting for the moment that could make or break everything.