Status: Anus.

Pull Out My Insides

Zara Alisa Randall

My eyes search his face, his funny, deer-caught-in-the-headlight look amusing me quite a bit. I would probably laugh if I wasn’t so confused as to why he was in my hospital room, looking quite distressed.

“Why are you here, Asher?” I question.

A look of relief comes across his face, but it gets swept away quickly with a look of desperation.

“Uh… I… I was just… seeing how you were… doing… and… stuff,” he coughs out.

I glance at him strangely, but shrug it off, not wanting to fight because I’m so tired.

“So, uh, I’m gonna go and… get your doctor and stuff…” he mutters out before running out of the room.

Well, that was weird. But true to his word, he returns with a doctor a few minutes later, he mutters a half assed goodbye to me and runs out of the room again. After glancing at the door with a strange look, looking at Asher’s retreating figure, the doctor turns to me with a kind smile and starts to talk.

“So, you were in a coma for the past 2 weeks, and you bumped up your head pretty well. But, there seems to be no damage otherwise, other than some cuts and bruises. So we’ll keep you here for a few more days to monitor you and let your head heal more, alright?”

I nod slowly, not wanting to hurt my head even more than it does now.

“Yeah, sure.”

Then he leaves and my parents and Suzanna come into the room, fawning over me and blabbering about this and that, and finally leaving me to my sleep. Finally. My head finally shuts down, letting me fall into the comforting blackness of sleep, corrupting my head with dreams of Adam and Asher that don’t make any sense. Soon, the dreams go away, leaving me only with the bleak blackness of a dreamless sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, poor Asher. He's so awkward.