Status: Anus.

Pull Out My Insides

Asher Hugo Ramsay

“I wake up, it’s a bad dream, no one on my side, I was fighting, but I just feel too tired to be fighting, guess I’m not the fighting kind.”

I wish that I could wake up from this bad dream, but sadly, it’s reality. I can’t believe that I’m here, at the funeral of the young and amazing Savannah Aria DeLarge. Yes, her initials spell sad, but honestly, she was the happiest, most energetic person I’ve ever known. The preacher finishes speaking and invites people to come up and speak for her, so after her parents finish speaking, they invite me up to say something. I choke down tears yet again and make my way through the pews to the front and hold my head high, looking at everyone in the crowd.

“I feel sorry for anyone who didn’t know Savannah and how much of an amazing person and friend she is—was. Even though we dated for a little, we decided that we were better off as friends, and ever since then, we’ve been best friends. She’s always been there for me, no matter what. And I can only hope that I was as good to her as she was to me. I mean, she would always try to help people as much as she could, she wanted to change the world and help as many people as she could. She was one of the best people I’ve ever known. And I feel sorry for anyone who never got to experience her presence, and I feel sorry for that drunk driver, for having ended the life of someone who could have changed the world as we know it! Thank you, that’s all,” I finish, sniffling a little.

Everyone claps for me and I quickly walk back to my solitary pew, sitting down and trying not to catch anyone’s attention. After the service a little later, a hand claps my shoulder and I turn around to see who it is. And when I do, I’m pleasantly surprised.

“Dylan? I thought that you were supposed to be in Texas.”

He nods solemnly.

“Yeah, but when I heard what happened, I had to come. God, it just makes me so mad whenever I think about it,” he mutters bitterly.

I nod in understandingly.

“Me, too. She was just, like, the greatest person ever. And because some idiot was reckless, she’s just gone. Vanished! Dead! Just like that!” I shout, my temper and my emotions getting the best of me.

After a few minutes of standing in a comforting silence, he brings up a previous topic.

“So, how’s the bet going? Gotten anywhere?”

I nod slowly.

“Yeah. I think that I’m getting somewhere, bro. I’m gonna get that 50 bucks,” I say, remembering why I was even getting close to Zara.

He smirks and shakes his head.

“I don’t know, dude. She seems real stubborn. I don’t that you’ll do it.”

“I totally got this! She’s already warming up to me. In no time, she’ll sleep with me and I’ll get my 50 bucks.”

He smirks even wider.

“Yeah, but can you do it in… hmm… 3 weeks?”

I contemplate it quickly, barely even thinking.

“No doubt. 3 weeks. Tops.”

“And if you haven’t slept with her and she hasn’t said that she loves you in 3 weeks, then I’m getting the 50 bucks. So you’re gonna have to step up your game.”

I scoff, waving him off.

“Dude, this will be so easy. Just you wait, Dylan, just you wait.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh-oh, Asher's an asshole again.
The quote was from "A Bad Dream" by Keane