Status: Anus.

Pull Out My Insides

Zara Alisa Randall

About 7 hours later, I’m walking the short trip home in a peaceful silence that’s soon to be filled with the blaring music of whatever’s on my iPod at the moment. As I listen in complete bliss to the sounds of LCD Soundsystem, I gather my thoughts and think back to how the day was completely shitty. Just like any other day. It started off with my first period class when there were partners and I was partnered, again, with no one, leaving me to do the work by myself. I mean, I’m perfectly fine with that, but still, it’s a blow to my ego that even my teacher knows that I’m completely friendless. Oh well, it’s not like the whole school doesn’t know. In second period, the whole period was spent with Neva whispering to her little whores and staring at me at the same time. Real subtle there, Neva. Third period was my computer class, and like usual, I spent it on Tumblr seeing as I always finish my work early and I have nothing else to do. Fourth was pretty shitty because there was both Asher and Neva in there. God, it was fucking horrible. Fifth was the worst; fifth is two classes together: PE (for me) and lunch. PE was pretty bad, as usual, but in lunch, I was walking from throwing my lunch away when Neva “accidentally” bumped into me and spilled her whole tray on my shirt. My face was as red as my hair with both anger and embarrassment. Tears of hatred and humiliation leaked from my eyes, making everyone laugh even harder at me.

“Oops,” is the only word that came from that bitch’s mouth.

I explained to the principal what happened but he just brushed it off (most likely because Neva blows him after school) and brought me a new shirt that was fucking ugly and way too big for me. Of course, for the rest of the day, I was the laughing stock of the whole school. Only one more year and I’m getting the hell out of here. Thank God.

“Zara!” A voice calls after me, again breaking me out of my reverie.

I groan as I recognize the voice and walk faster, not wanting to face my doom, but an arm grabs me before I can get away. I turn around and glare at the familiar figure, ripping his hand off of my arm with as much force as I can muster. Not wanting to speak, I just cock my eyebrow and hip in a “what the hell do you want?” look.

“Look, I realize that what Neva did was pretty fucked up today. I just wanted you to know that even though I’m an ass sometimes, that really was a fucked up thing to do… and… I’m sorry…”

I just shake my head and roll my eyes.

“I’m sure you are,” I growl lowly.

“Look, I’m not falling for your bullshit. Just pretending to give me sympathy when you just really want me to put trust in you so that you can betray me like everyone else. I don’t fucking think so,” I snarl at him whilst walking away.

When he doesn’t follow, a small smile makes its way onto my face. But it fades after a minute when I feel the presence of him next to me and I face him once again.

“Leave me the fuck alone!” I say through my teeth.

He just holds his hands up in a surrendering manner.

“Calm down. I just don’t think that a girl should walk home alone. She could get raped or killed out here.”

I just roll my eyes at him.

“Please. My house is about 10 minutes away. I’ve been walking home ever since the start of school and nothing’s happened. You can leave.”

He shakes his head.

“Oh, no, no, no! I must! For my house is also in the neighborhood. So we’re going to same way anyway.”

I just groan and roll my eyes.

“You’re not going to leave, are you?” I ask.

He shakes his head with a grin.

“Nope!”

“Fine. But if you make one single fucking noise, I will cut your hands off and eat them.”

And that puts a scared look on his face, accompanying a nod. After a few minutes of walking in a comfortable silence, we arrive at my house and I walk into the driveway, not even muttering a goodbye. But Asher doesn’t think anything of it and shouts goodbye to me whilst waving at me. I just give him my own special kind of one-fingered wave consisting of my telling him to kiss my ass. A knock on the door a minute later carries me from my comfortable seat on the couch and to the door. A groan lodges itself in my throat as I notice that Asher is at the front door and it’s heavily raining outside. Like enough to make the power go out.

“Uh, sorry, but can I use your phone and stay here for a minute while someone picks me up?” he asks with a sheepish smile.

I belt out a loud groan and dig in my pockets, searching for my phone. Once I find it, I hold it out to him and he grabs it hungrily, like it’s the last bit of water in a desert. He dials a number and listens to it ring.

“Thanks.”

I nod and turn the other way, not wanting to listen into his conversation. Thankfully, he’s done talking a few minutes later and hands me my phone. He invites himself into my house and walks in, making sure to get a good look. Once he plops himself onto my couch, he grabs the remote and changes the channel.

“You’re such an ass,” I grumble.

“And you’re a bitch. We’re a match made in heaven.”

I roll my eyes. “Please. We are not a match made in heaven. The only reason that you’re even here is because YOU WON’T FUCKING LEAVE ME ALONE!”

“Case closed. You’re a bitch. I’m an ass.”

I just let out a frustrated yell and stomp off into my kitchen. Wait. Why am I stomping off? This is my house. Just as I’m about to walk back into the living room and throw him out, he yells something makes my blood boil.

“Hey, can you fix me something to eat? I’m hungry.”

And that’s what condones me to throw a perfectly aimed fork at his head.