Status: Anus.

Pull Out My Insides

Zara Alisa Randall

☠Time Lapse☠
"Oh, fuck me sideways in the ass with a screwdriver, not again," I mutter as I lay my head on the porcelain toilet.

"Mommy?!" The word shoots out of my mouth through the house in search of my mother.

"Yes, Zara?" she asks, striding into the bathroom.

"I think I'm sick..." I tell her, looking at her through my eyelashes.

"Oh, my poor baby. Do you have a fever?" she asks, putting her hand on my head. "Well, you're not warm... maybe it's just a 24-hour bug. You know how those go around."

"I don't think that it's a 24-hour bug. I've been throwing up for a day now."

"A day?! Why didn't you tell me earlier?" she exclaims. I just shrug pathetically.

"I don't know... I thought it would just go away, ya know?"

Her next words are cut off by me retching yet again into the toilet. After checking her watch, she mutters a 'fuck' and glances at me sympathetically.

"I'm going to be late for work, baby, but if you need anything, call, okay?"

I just nod quickly and lay down on the bathroom mat, falling asleep after a few minutes.

A few minutes later, I'm woken up by the one and only Suzanna Cade calling my name. Not wanting to exert any energy, I remain lying on the floor until she finds me. And soon enough, she does.

"Za--Fuck! Are you okay?!" she exclaims, rushing to my side.

"No..." I mutter. "I feel like shit. I've been throwing up, and I have this bitching headache, and my back hurts, and I just feel like I wanna die," I explain to her, keeping myself on the floor in fear of the nausea coming back. As I finish explaining my symptoms to Suzy, her blue eyes go wide and her mouth gapes open.

"What?" I ask.

"Um, nothing, I'll just... be back in a few minutes. Hang tight, okay?" she says, making me nod and give her a look of confusion.

Minutes pass and so does my nausea, leaving me weary and still lying on the floor. Right as I'm about to fall into the deep abyss of sleep, the door slams open and closed, signaling the arrival of Suzy. She rushes into the bathroom frantically and shoves a CVS bag into my arms, telling me to take them before retreating outside. As my shaky hand opens the bag, my eyes read the boxes and my heart nearly stops, causing my blood to run cold in my body. No. I can't be.

When I'm finished, I walk outside and sit next to Suzy, resting my head on her shoulder.

"Five minutes," I rasp to her, tears streaming down my face silently.

Five minutes pass by way too quickly and I stand up shakily, nearly falling, to walk into the bathroom to face my doom. It's so strange to think how just five minutes can possibly change a life. My quivering hands pick up the pieces of cheap plastic and turn them over--all seven of them. As my wide, green eyes read the results, I crumble to the floor, shaking with sobs and apprehension.

"Zara, what did--" Suzanna starts as she cautiously walks into the bathroom. "Oh, fuck. Positive?"

I just pick my head up and look at her with a tear stained face and I quickly nod at her.

"Oh, God, Zara... I'm so sorry..." she murmurs, embracing me gently. But I just sob into her shirt as she strokes my hair comfortingly.

Over her shoulder, I glare at the stupid little pieces of plastic and sob harder at the signs on them.

Positive.