Status: Anus.

Pull Out My Insides

Asher Hugo Ramsay

Over the past two months, not much has changed. Unfortunately. The same old thing every same old fucking day. The thing with Zara mostly blew over, but there are still people that verbally abuse her, as I've noticed. I'm just glad that none of them have physically abused her. Two months have passed and my feelings for her haven't changed in the slightest. And I still haven't even come up with a fucking plan to get her back.

This certain day, this humid April day, is a beautiful day. Rays from the sun reflect off of my skin, giving me a golden hue to my usually pale skin. Chlorophyll finds the sun, turning the grass an extraordinary green, the flowers bright. My spindly legs carry me into the school carelessly as my chocolate orbs scan the halls for my 'friends.' My mind scolds me, my 'friends' aren't who I'm really looking for. It's her. It's always been her.

And there she is, making her way down the hallway. But something's different. Usually, she's walking with her friends seemingly happily. Now, she just walks down the hallway with her head down and a stolid look on her face, a melancholy cornucopia of emotions in her green eyes. I find myself swimming in them. As soon as our eyes catch, she ducks her head down once again, tears forming in her eyes. A bewildered look comes across my face. What did I do? Other than break her heart two months ago by being the biggest fucking douche bag in the world?

I keep my eyes on Zara's small, retreating figure with a curious look on my face. I wonder what's wrong.

At lunch and in the halls, the same thing happens. Zara is miserable. I see her friends trying to cheer her up, but she just shakes her head and looks away. God, I wish that I was still with her and comfort her like she deserves to be comforted. Everyone but Suzanna leaves after Zara gives them a look, and after whispering and sneaky glances in my direction, I'm curious as hell. What's going on?