Status: Anus.

Pull Out My Insides

Asher Hugo Ramsay

Hours later, our conversation comes to a slow halt and Zara's eyes are drooping with exhaustion.

"Zara, you need me to take you home?" I ask her lowly.

But she only mumbles something incoherently and rests her head on the couch. Once her eyes close a few seconds later, I know that she won't be going home tonight. With a low groan, I stand up, stretching for a few seconds. After my back makes a satisfying pop, I pick my peaceful ex-girlfriend up with ease, carrying her to my room carefully. Her body hits my bed with a low thunk, not even making her stir. She's out.

After searching through my drawers, I finally find an old shirt of mine that's a bit too big and some sweatpants. Perfect. Once I expertly change her into the pajamas, my nimble fingers softly rub against the mound of flesh that's holding my unborn daughter.

I smile a bit as she nudges against my hand, announcing her awakening.

"Hey, baby," I greet Zara's stomach, pressing my hands against the soft flesh again, causing the baby to nudge back.

After a while of playing our little game, my eyes finally drop, my mind wandering away.

***

My slumber comes to a finish when a pillow is thrown across my face and I'm subsequently knocked off of the bed. A groan leaves my mouth and I open my eyes, glaring at the figure standing in front of me.

"You're an asshole, ya know?" I tell him.

"Oh, I know," he smirks.

"Ugh, screw you, Anderson."

"So, is this..."

"Yeah, this is her."

"Is she?"

"Yep. Six months."

"How long have you known?"

"Uh, a few days?"

"A few days?! Aren't you mad that she didn't tell you earlier?" he whispers angrily at me, not wanting to wake the sleeping girl.

"Well, yeah, but I mean, if I told her I was mad because she didn't tell me earlier, we'd probably end up fighting, and then she would leave and be mad at me, and everything that I've been trying to fix will just fall apart again. Yeah, I'm mad, but at least she didn't keep it from me until the baby was born or later."

"Yeah, I guess," he says, unconvinced.

"Whatever, dude. Just because I'm mad doesn't mean that I'll screw up everything that I have with the mother of my fucking daughter."

"I'm having a niece?" he asks.

"You're having a niece," I state proudly.

"So... are you scared?"

I just give him an incredulous look.

"No, I'm perfectly calm, you fucking idiot. I'm not scared at all that my daughter won't love me or I'll be a shit father or I won't be able to support my family. Of course not," I tell him sarcastically.

"Hey, no need to be hurtful."

"I couldn't hurt you if I tried, ya fucker," I chuckle.

He holds his hand over his chest and gasps, dramatically stumbling.

"My heart! My poor heart!"

"What heart?" I glare, shoving him into the door.

"What the fuck, man?" he shouts.

As Zara stirs a bit, I glare at Anderson and shove him out of the door quickly.

"Leave, dumbass."

Without hesitation, he glares at me and walks out of the door, shooting me the bird while doing so. What a child.

"Hey, girl," I coo to Zara.

"Hey," she replies, rubbing her eyes.

"What's up?" she asks after stretching.

"Nothing," I shrug. "Just woke up."

"Did you have a good sleep?"

I nod, grinning. "Yeah, I had this crazy dreams where everyone was on drugs and my life was Rocky Horror Picture Show."

"Were you Frank N Furter?" she asks with a smirk.

"You know it," I wink.

"Did you enjoy being a sweet transvestite?" she asks with a giggle.

"So much I want to become a transvestite."

She takes a deep breath dramatically and stares at me with a mock expression of sorrow.

"Well, I guess we'll have to get our daughter used to having two mommies."

Our daughter.

"Let's do it," I chuckle, Zara giving me a high five.

As our hands meet, I grab hers and hold it longer in the air. She looks up at me innocently with her big eyes.

"Oh, don't look at me with those puppy dog eyes," I tell her, grinning.

"I don't know what you're talking about," she pouts.

"I'm sure."
♠ ♠ ♠
Wewt. So yeah. Just letting you know, most times I don't even start writing the chapter until I get a comment. Just saying. Just saying. I'm a comment whore. Guilty as charged. Oh well. I've been busy. Got final exams coming up. And I'm failing one of my classes. Theatre. Need to get crew hours. Don't have any. Need to do stuff for extra credit. Accepted into GT program. Be proud of your little Sarah c: