Status: Anus.

Pull Out My Insides

Zara Alisa Randall

Everything around me is sort of blurry like I’m waking up without my glasses on and nothing is detectable. But as soon as the blurriness comes, it goes, and I’m just in a place of white—not a room, but a world. A blanched out, cold world full of only white and myself. But my eyes start to adjust to the brightness of the light soon and as soon as I distinguish a figure nearby, the scene changes to a field that I know all too well, lit up with stars filling the endless sky. The figure gets slowly closer and closer, taking slow and sure steps, and my eyes finally take in the mysterious figure’s face and stature, my brain immediately clicking and I leap forward to embrace him.

“Adam!” I shout, happy for once in a long time.

He lets out a slow grin and hugs me back quickly.

“Hey, Zara. I would ask how you’ve been… but I’ve seen already,” he says with a little smile.

I just hug his thin frame tighter, not wanting to ever let go.

“I miss you so much, Adam. I wish that… it hadn’t happened. You were my best friend ever.”

He lets out a deep sigh. “It was just time for me to go, I guess, Zara. I mean, you know how easily I trip over things. I just never thought that I would trip over something and then end up ending my life accidentally.”

“But you’re here now… Wait. Adam. Am I dead?”

He shakes his head quickly.

“No, you’re in a sort of limbo. You know, where you’re supposed to learn about shit and how your life really isn’t that sucky and that kind of nonsense, you know. Where you’re supposed to learn the value of your life and how there’s someone who visits you in limbo. And yours happens to be yours truly, obviously. So, I guess the faster you learn the value of yourself, the faster you wake up.”

I give him a skeptic look. “How long have I been… asleep?”

He shrugs. “About… four days.”

“FOUR DAYS?! I’M MISSING SCHOOL! Oh, God, I’ll have to make up all of this work and… uhg… this suuuuuuuuuucks,” I say, dragging out the ‘u.’ I really hate missing school; I usually end up getting behind. And it aggravates me.

He just chuckles at my afflicted expression.

“Well, the faster you learn something, the faster you wake up. So, shall we?”

I give him a hesitant nod and take his hand, instantly in my bland hospital room. I hate hospitals. The first thing that I lay my eyes on is my parents, standing there looking obviously upset, my mother close to tears, not knowing when I’m going to wake up. The next thing I see is Suzanna, sitting in a chair next to my bed and my extremely pale body could be mistaken for a corpse. Off to the side, I can see the sadistic grin of Neva, of course, and Buffy mostly just glaring at Suzanna and then me, probably blaming me for the rebellion of her oh so loyal cousin. Boo-hoo-hoo. And behind them, I can see a familiar face that I wish I don’t see. Why does he have to be here of all people? Probably because he wanted to come and laugh at me while I’m unconscious; I wouldn’t put it past him. Not at all.

Nearly thirty minutes later, I roll my eyes while sitting with Adam and watching the scenes play out, realizing how really stupid humanity is. Neva, Buffy, and Asher sitting around my hospital bed, making stupid, immature jokes at my expense. Most of which don’t even make the least bit of sense. Typical ignorant, asinine people that don’t have the slightest sense of care or compassion or humility. And I’m not exactly surprised, either. I know these people, I know how they are. I’m just glad that my parents left a while ago so that they wouldn’t have to witness some obtuse, hurtful jokes made at the expense of their daughter put in a coma by one of the very people in the room. A relieved look comes across my face as they start to talk of leaving in a matter of minutes. But time doesn’t even matter in the place that I’m in. True to the word, they leave a few minutes later, Asher behind both of them. As they call for him, he just calls back saying that he’ll be there in a minute. Oh, God, please don’t let him do something horrible to me. But he does something that surprised both Adam and me.

He runs over quickly to my cold body and softly presses the slightest of kisses on my pale, soft, cold cheek and runs out as quickly as he came in, calling for the others to wait. A surprised look makes its way onto my face and stays there for a while; Adam just turns to me and smirks.

“And so it begins.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Here you go, you guise.
By the way, here's a picture of Dylan. I just decided to finally look for a picture for him: Dylan. I know that it's kind of sudden since he's not even in this chapter whatsoever, but why not?