Here We Are Again

Chapter Two

They were called back fifteen minutes before sunset, changing into their final outfits and getting a make-up touch up. Emma was painted with smoky brown eye shadow and lightly reddened lips. She wore a black cotton jacket with a geometric vest cut, only reaching to just above her waist and with just two large brass buttons, a bright red blouse, dark denim shorts, and heeled leather booties. George had on a grey leather jacket, an unbuttoned white shirt, tight black pants and fashionable red dress shoes. Mark escorted them to an arched walkway with green vines growing everywhere; they drooped so that one could easily take one of the delicate white flowers that the vines offered. They were photographed in various poses, all without touching each other. Finally, Mark announced that this would be their last shot. He walked toward them and instructed them on where to stand and what to do with their limbs. He put George against a pole that was next to one of the low stone walls holding a variety of bushes and made Emma stand in front of him.

“I want this to be hot. I want your chemistry to make the cameras sizzle, alright? No more sweet couple, it’s getting darker now.”

Mark scrutinized both of them and Emma tried to not blush. George just smirked a bit and lazed back onto the pole, looking almost predatorily feline. Their left side was facing the camera so George grabbed Emma’s right thigh and slowly brought it up so that she had to hold onto him and put her foot on the wall. She looked up at him and dropped her left arm while her right hand moved from his shoulder to his cheek. She angled her face and dropped her lids a bit while slowly inching her face toward his. He complied and moved forward so that they were only centimeters apart. She was becoming overly aware of all the contact and almost-contact that they had; George was still gripping her leg and he was now reaching for her other hand so that he could twine their fingers together and rest them on his thigh. She almost suspected that he was really about to kiss her but then Mark clapped and began to sing them praises about how wonderful they were and how perfect that pose had been and had they never dated before because whenever they posed together it just seemed so real. Emma pulled away and shyly smiled at Mark.

“It’s quite chilly so I think I’m just going to slip inside the tent and grab my coat.”

“I’ll go with you.” George offered her his arm so she tucked her hand into the crook of his elbow and let him escort her to the tent. The stopped just inside the opening and turned to face each other.

“I’m going to go to the loo quickly, but I wanted to invite you for drinks after, what do you say?” Emma said as she pointed behind him in the direction of the women’s facilities. George grinned widely and mock bowed.

“I would be honored to have drinks with the lady.” She laughed and lightly smacked his arm. They smiled at each other until Emma was rudely reminded of where she had been headed by a strange urge to dance.

“Hehe, loo. Be back in a jiff.” George smiled and walked the opposite way toward the men’s half of the tent to change. They met up outside and walked to the shuttle that would take them to the main street. From there they strolled down the street and entered a small but tasteful pub. Emma looked around for a table but they were all too large or occupied so they opted for the stools.

“I’m in the mood for a lager tonight, what about you?” George nodded so Emma beckoned the barman and ordered their drinks. They spent most of the night getting reacquainted with each other and they even danced a bit. George escorted Emma back to her flat at around two in the morning so she invited him in. They ended up on the couch with tea and biscuits with jam. They had settled into a comfortable silence when George turned to Emma and grabbed her hand.

“I missed you. I missed you quite a bit and I think I still do.”

“But I’m right here.” Emma replied even though she knew what he meant. He smiled at her and said that he should probably get going.

“No, please, stay a while longer. I missed you too, you know.”

“Yeah, I always thought so, I guess. But it was kind of hard to believe that when you weren’t here. I dunno. I just…really missed you. Especially when I was on tour. I saw the movie by the way. It was great and you were wonderful, as always.”

Emma blushed and looked at their intertwined hands. He was always so sweet to her. She raised her head with determination and looked him in the eyes. She looked straight into those beautiful blue eyes and attempted to formulate the question she had wanted to ask all night.

“Do you want to…I mean, do you think we could-” George cut her off by grabbing her face and pressing his lips against hers. She threaded her hands through his soft hair and sighed into him. She still tastes like tea and honey, he thought as he once again held Emma in his arms. I’ve spent much too long without her this close.

They curled up in her large bed together and smiled at each other. George stroked Emma’s arm and murmured to her, “I hope you know that I still love you and that I always will.”
Emma kissed the corner of his mouth and whispered, “I will always love you too.”

And with that, they fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you have any questions or comments please make them known. I promise that I will answer them in a timely manner.
Anyway, that's it. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. :)