Perfectly Dysfunctional

Eleven

“...And the string...” Siva wheezed out his story about how he fucked up on stage once because his guitar string broke, and then the string broke again after it had been changed, “Just went...” He motioned with his hand what happened to the second string he was using and leaned forward then back, gutting him self with laughter. His face was red and tears were streaming down his face, much like mines. My head and stomach and back ached because I’d been laughing so hard, and I was sure that the eyeliner and mascara I’d struggled to put on was running down my face.

“Aw,” I sighed, wiping tears from my face, “That’s a classic,” I slurred and leaned over the table to high five him. No one else looked very amused; Nathan, Tom, Max and Jay all shared glances between themselves. Siva and I noticed this then looked at each other before cracking up again.

I didn’t really know why I felt this way, because this was about five steps above being majorly hyper. I wasn’t drunk because all I’d had was diet coke, and I’m sure Siva had never got drunk on one pint of beer and two diet cokes. My head was pounding and my eyes wanted to close and stay there, but I was having too much fun.

“C’mon, it’s time to go,” Jay said and stood up, pulling on my left arm. I complied and stood up, throwing my half of the money on the table after Nathan to pay for the meal. We made our way outside, my good arm linked in Siva’s.

“I’ll take her home then I’ll get a taxi back to the venue,” Nathan said, “It’s the easiest thing to do.”

“I guess so,” Jay said. “Just watch her,” I heard him mumble but kept quiet.

“I’ve lost my keys!” I panicked as I searched my pockets.

“No, you haven’t,” Nathan grinned and held them up in front of my face.

“How’d you get them?” I asked as he opened my door and helped me in the car.

“I swiped them from your pocket on the way out when I put your money back,” he winked then closed the door, walking round to the drivers’ side, leaving me to giggle to myself. “What part of ‘lunch is on us’ didn’t you get?”

He started the car and pulled out of the parking space, moving onto the main road, “Jenny, are you sure you’re okay?” he asked concern lacing his voice.

“I’m fine... I have a headache and my shoulder is still a bit sore, and actually, I feel quite sick,” I rambled, “But yeah, I’m fine.” He didn’t say anything but stared straight ahead, a torn expression on his face. “What’s wrong?” I tried my best to be serious, but I started seeing three of him and had to close my eyes, because it made me feel queasier. He took a breath to answer but his phone rung.

“Hello... What? You’re joking... Fuck... Well is he alright? I mean... Oh, good. What about...? You think it’s the same... Shit, well, what do we do? Hospital or what... You’re sure...? Right, well... Right, I’ll see you... bye.” He hung up the phone and I opened one eye to look at him. He’d gone pale and clutched at the wheel, “Jenny, who else touched your drink, except you or any of us five?”

“Uhm...” I wracked my brain, “No one, just us six. Well, Dave when he was pouring it but he doesn’t count.” I waved my hand as if disregarding Dave. It didn’t sink in what had happened.

He gulped, “Jenny, Siva’s drink was spiked and he’s passed out in the car with Tom, Jay and Max.” I opened my eyes wide; his expression was no longer pale but his cheeks had reddened slightly and he wore an expression of anger, “We think the same has happened to you.”

“Oh God,” Suddenly I felt even more sick than before.

“Don’t worry about it, you’ll be fine. It happened to Tom’s sister once before; you basically have to sleep it off and you’ll probably throw whatever it was back up, but you’ll be fine.”

I breathed in and out heavily, and this time, it was nothing to do with fear. I was holding down the lunch I’d just eaten. “I think someone's out to get me,” I laughed painfully but he didn’t. “Oh shit, my dad. He’s going to go mad.”

“Your dad...” Nathan trailed off. “Shit.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohhhhhhh................... ;)