Perfectly Dysfunctional

Fourteen

I thought back to Nareesha and how upset and tired she looked, and then thought about when she stood up. I don’t think anyone else noticed because she done it so quickly before realising her mistake and correcting herself, but I sure as hell noticed. Her hand had flown to her stomach then dropped almost as quickly. When she straightened up, the baggy hoodie straightened too, and there was the tiniest of bumps - one anyone else would have mistaken as gaining a pound or two. And considering she spent most of her time with guys, of course no one else knew or noticed. That may have been why I got the glare.

“She’s fine,” I stated, matter-of-factly.

“How do you know?”

“Just trust me, okay? She’ll be fine; you just need to give her time. Especially Siva. I’m assuming she’s his girlfriend, yeah?”

“She is, yeah. They’ve been dating since the year before the band was put together. She comes everywhere with us,” he smiled fondly, as if thinking of his younger sister, and I guess she’d probably become that, since they presumably spent a lot of time together. And well, she would be more like an older sister than a younger one, as Nathan was even younger than I was. “But, give her time, you say?”

“Definitely; she'll tell someone what’s bothering her in her own time, stop trying to force it out of the poor girl,” Even though I got the glare and the impression at first that she was quite the bitch for just plainly ignoring everyone around her, I now felt for her, knowing - or guessing - her situation. She was pregnant, and absolutely petrified of telling Siva. And everyone’s constant concern was making her feel worse. Females work in strange ways. “So, what time is it anyway?” I asked as Nathan took the last remaining pop tart after asking if I wanted it and me declining it.

“Now, it’s about one am.”

I groaned, “Good God, I can’t get a sleeping pattern right since I got here, and I’ve been here a week already.”

“Well good luck to you; we get like that when we go pretty much anywhere.”

“I know; I stalk you on Twitter. ‘Jetlag’s a bitch’,” I laughed, taking the piss. He lightly punched the shoulder of my good arm. “I’m going back to sleep.” He nodded as I stood up, “Thank you, Nathan.” I said genuinely. “Not many people would’ve done what all you guys have done for me,” I moved round and gave him a one-armed hug with my left arm.

“You’re more than welcome,” he kissed my cheek and I refrained from blushing pretty darn well. “How’s your shoulder feeling?"

“A lot better now the pain has gone to my head,” I laughed. “I can move it a bit better, but that’s about it for now.”

“Good. Your meds are in your bag if you want them - you collapsed with all these meds in your hand and more in your cupboard so I just threw everything in cos I didn’t know if you’d need it all or whatever.” I thanked him for that, “Well, I’ll see you tomorrow, then, night.”

I waved behind me as I walked back to the bunk I’d been sleeping in, “I’m guessing this is mine, by the way?” I whispered and pointed and sniggered when he grinned and nodded, “Cool... Goodnight.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Fuck it, I'm adding again. And I'll try and add two tomorrow for y'all :) Gimme comments, pretty please! :D