Perfectly Dysfunctional

Fifteen

A couple of days passed and my shoulder had started to feel a lot better. I think Nareesha was getting used to having another female on the bus as she'd made an effort to talk to me once or twice but not so much so that I could start a decent conversation. I'd heard her 'talking' - although it was more like arguing to me - with Nathan and Siva the day after I'd arrived about why I was there. I'd been in my bunk pretending to be asleep whilst they'd stood outside Nareesha's bunk because she was just about to sleep. Nathan went mad and Siva had been quiet but jumped between the two, obviously not wanting to go against his friend or his girlfriend. I already knew there would obviously be people who objected to me being there, but it still made me feel like a burden they couldn't afford to bear.

A few more days passed and there was now roughly only two weeks left of their tour. We were in Newcastle tonight, and I was standing at the side of the stage watching their performance and the crowd - the crowd were really funny. It was weird to think that just over a week ago I was in the crowd. The Wanted were playing their new song called Glad You Came. Jayne was standing a little way away from me filming them with her flipcam and, when she noticed me looking at over at her, she smiled and turned the flip on me. I hid my face whilst laughing.

"Aw Jayne, leave her be," Nareesha had walked up beside me and grinned at me. I found this weird because the most I'd gotten out of her was a sort-of-smile and a 'hi, how are you?' every day. I laughed through my smile and thanked her for 'saving me'. "It's alright; I got the same thing when they first started touring."

"So have you been with them on every tour they've done?"

"More or less; I mean, when I've been too busy with work or when I've been sick or something then I've not been, but I've been to quite a bit."

"Wow... Well done!" I laughed. "They're a bit mental sometimes, and I don't really know them that well,"

She sniggered, "Well I'm sure they'd say the same or worse about me. Y'know, hormone city and all that," We both shared a laugh before we settled down into a silence as The Wanted finished the song.

"You guys are amazing, thanks again for coming out tonight," Nathan said into the mic and put it back on the stand before coming over to where Nareesha and I were standing to get his water. He winked at me then grinned at Nareesha as he let his water bottle fall to the ground then ran back out to perform their next song.

"I think you're really growing on someone," Nareesha smiled then nodded out to the stage. I frowned and turned to look at her, "Look, can I talk to you?" she said before I even had a chance to sort my thoughts out. She tugged on my arm to pull me away and I followed like a little puppy. She seemed nervous, I noted. "Right, there's no easy or non-awkward way to say this," I nodded. I was kinda worried now, to be honest, but I smiled in encouragement, "I'm so sorry that I've been such a bitch over the past week to you. I swear it's not intentional... Well," she backtracked a little. She must've saw me quirk my eyebrows. "At first I was a little annoyed that they'd just picked some 'teenie fan-girl' up out of nowhere and you were suddenly just here-"

"Yeah but I never asked them to do anything for me, they done it themselves-"

"Can I finish?" She asked and I apologised. "I get that. To be honest I didn't give them much of a chance to explain anything, I've been so moody lately - more so than usual," She faked a laugh, "But, once they explained to me why you're here and everything that happened to you, well... I felt really embarrassed, and stupid."

I didn't know what to say, so I just nodded and crossed my arms, "So, what I'm trying to say is that I'm really, really sorry for the way I've treated you and for the things I've said or the way I've acted towards you, and I hope you can forgive me. Because, to be quite honest, you seem like a really nice person, and it'd be nice to have a girl around the bus."

I laughed, "I bet it would. No, I forgive you. I was a bit weary of being here to begin with, cos I knew there'd be loads of people who wouldn't like the fact I was here-"

"Honestly, it was only me who didn't like it at first..."

"Well that's a shock, actually. So yeah, it’s okay," I laughed; I'd never been good with accepting apologies. "I still wasn't sure about it at first, but I kinda accepted you acting the way you did." She frowned and I froze, "I just... I'm sorry, but I just... I couldn't help but notice it, to be honest," I said and glanced towards her stomach.

She nodded, "Right... I thought as much." It was quiet for a while, and I was mentally kicking myself for ruining it. "Thanks, by the way."

"Thanks for what?"

"You didn't tell anyone about it,"

"It's not my news to talk about,"

"Either way, thanks." Her gaze flickered to the stage, where we could just see Siva at the opposite end. He looked happy enough to anyone in the audience, but he was less enthusiastic than he normally was - but that could easily have been mistaken for him being tired. But for everyone else backstage, he looked saddened, and drained of all effort from trying to get Nareesha to talk to him. Everyone knew that they had been having 'relationship problems' but that he'd never give up on her. I looked back to Nareesha whose eyes had started to well up.

"He just looks so tired... I think he hates me."
♠ ♠ ♠
Another one coming up in a sec! :)