Perfectly Dysfunctional

Seventeen

A week on we were in Nottingham and it was absolutely boiling, even for England. We'd all decided to go out for lunch, the whole band, Jayne, Nareesha and I, to this awesome diner we had stumbled upon the night before when, instead of going to their gig, we'd wandered the city for a while, just chatting and getting to know one another even more. She'd asked for some more advice on what I thought she should do seeing as she still hadn't told Siva, and I repeatedly pointed out that I wasn't Oprah, but she didn't seem to care, and to be honest, I think she just needed a friend more than anything.

So I set her a deadline, with no real threat at the end. It's not as if I could say to her 'tell him within the next week or I will', so I settled for 'tell him within the next week or I'll think of something mean to do to you'. She'd laughed - which I guessed was good - and pushed me lightly, causing me to bump into someone on the way out of a small diner; and voila.

So we all ordered, taking up a few tables and being a little too noisy, and had an awesome lunch. Jay took a couple of pictures and posted them to Twitter and Nathan retweeted some of them on the bands account. After we'd eaten I text Emma because I was pretty sure she'd kill me for not having spoken to her in a while, and she quickly texted back. Of course I'd called her the day after I was officially 'on tour' with The Wanted to tell her everything managing to wake her up at ten am which she wasn't happy about, although after hearing everything swore she didn't mind... But I knew she did, deep down.

We had a good afternoon and as we left the diner Emma text me one last time to tell me that she was going to call me one point soon to catch up. I gave her a quick text back as we walked out into the harsh sunlight and I was momentarily blinded.

"Fuck," I had to narrow my eyes against the sun and moved my phone closer to my face, not thinking to pull down my sunglasses as I was determined to finish the text. Suddenly all was well again and I could see what I was typing a little better. My glasses had been tapped down over my face and after I hit send I glanced up to see Nathan. "Why, thank you, kind sir."

"Thou art welcome." A dorky grin spread across his features and I laughed.

"Alright, freakin' Shakespeare,"

He pouted, "That cut real deep."

"Aw, didums," I pouted but apologised anyway.

"So who are we texting?" Nosey bugger, I thought.

"We are texting no one. I however, am texting Emma. Well, was," I grinned and pinched his cheek when he pouted.

"You know you're mean?"

"No, I'm not!" It was my turn to pout slightly. "I'm just sarcastic; no one understands me." And now it was my turn to have my cheeks pinched. That really was annoying. I hit his arm, but this only resulted in a mini-scale war commencing, and I was thrown around a bit. Then, as if to emphasise his strength - or to just rub it in my face - he wrapped his arms around my waist and picked me up, running forward with me towards Tom.

"Put me down, my shoulder!" I squealed as I kicked my legs out and I laughed and pleaded with him to put me down which he eventually did after making me promise not to be sarcastic to him anymore, which I did point out would be difficult. We all laughed and joked on the way back to the bus and collapsed on the bunks or the seats when we got there.

When we headed into the venue, I decided I needed a bottle of water and Nareesha came with me in search of one. At one point we ran into the bus driver who had a concerned look on his face. We said hello out of politeness and he greeted us back, but with a tight smile. I frowned at Nareesha as we kept walking but soon stopped.

"Excuse me, girls?" he said.

"Yeah?" We both faced him.

"When you guys came back from lunch, what did you do?"

"We all crashed on the bus for about half an hour, then we came in here... Why, is there something wrong?" Nareesha asked frowning.

"I'm not sure yet; you were all there?"

"Every one of us... What's happened?" I asked.

"The engine's been left opened; I was just wondering if any of you guys touched it?"

"Nope, sorry, we were all inside the bus."

"Oh right, I'm going to look at it now, get it all sorted if need be. Well thanks anyway girls," He smiled, more relaxed now, and then continued on his way.

"I wonder who it was," I mused as we stopped by a vending machine and bought a couple of bottles of water.

"It couldn't have been any of us, we were always together when we left and when we came back," she mused, "Well that's a tad worrying."

"Why would it be worrying? I'm sure the driver's trained to fix his own bus," I laughed and she laughed a little along with me, but something was on her mind. "Still stressing over telling him?"

"Not so much, no... Well, yes, but not as much as before."

"Well I'm glad to hear that."

"I'm going to tell him tonight." She said determination in her eyes.

"Good for you! I'm proud of you," I laughed as we met back up with the boys. "Hey, do you guys know if anyone messed around with the engine on the bus? The driver might be a bit pissed cos it was left open."

They all frowned and chorused 'no' back to us. I shrugged at Nareesha then threw Nathan and Jay a bottle of water each as Nareesha threw Max and Tom a bottle and handed one to Siva. We ditched the other bottles on the table and chatted to them and whoever walked in and out of the room until it was time for them to perform. We wished them luck and watched them for the first couple of songs before heading out into the crowd to watch the rest of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohhh, lotta fun? Hello new subscribers! :D