Perfectly Dysfunctional

Nineteen

"I've been shot..." My own voice echoed around my head, but was quickly joined by Nathan's.

"Ask her to help keep me alive?! Dude, she got shot because of me! He was aiming for me!"

"Wait... How did you know I was shot?" Images were beginning to flash back to me, like at the pub with Nathan and Dave.

"Maybe he's the one who shot you..." Then was the cold flat tone of Nathan's voice.

"Just watch her..." Jay's warning to Nathan before we left the pub.

"Siva's drink was spiked and he's passed out in the car with Tom, Jay and Max. We think the same has happened to you..." Nathan telling me my drink had been spiked. Now there was more swimming through my head; like the glances that had been shared between everybody ever since meeting The Wanted behind the venue back in London, the glares Nathan and sometimes Max constantly threw towards Dave, the occasional muttering of words such as 'jackass' or 'asshole', and now Nareesha's worried face when the driver told us someone messed around with the engine on the bus.

It was then that everything left, went blank, and vanished. My eyes fluttered open, and I must have only been out of it for a couple of minutes, because - unlike the previous two times that I'd blacked out - I hadn't been moved from my original 'black out' position. People were calling out, asking if others were okay, and I heard Nareesha crying. I groaned and raised my head then propped myself up on my good elbow.

"Shit..." I thought of asking 'what the fuck happened', but it seemed Tom was already way ahead with that. Siva had his arms around Nareesha and was comforting her. Jay was kneeled over Max but was trying to calm Tom down too - it seemed Nathan, Max and I got the worst of it as we were closest to the end the bus tipped. Jay was tending to a small wound on Max's head that looked worse than it actually was. I glanced down to see Nathan lying a little away from my hips. I pulled myself up and leaned towards him, reaching out and moving the hair from his face to get a better look at him so I could see if it was safe to move him or something, but as soon as my fingers touched his face he jolted awake with fright and his eyes shot open as he grabbed my arm.

"Hey, whoa, it's okay, it's just me. Are you alright?" I asked and let my hand rest on his forehead.

He pondered, "I'm good; I'm pretty sure nothing's broken... Is everyone alright?"

"Yeah, we're all okay..." People had stopped on the road and were now out of their vehicles running towards the bus, yelling things to people they were with, commenting, cursing, crying out to God... You name it.

"Are you okay?" Nathan asked Nareesha and turned his head to face her.

She nodded and I saw Siva's hand slowly twitch towards her stomach and I went white. Nareesha looked up and must have caught me because she spoke, "We're fine." Everyone would have taken that to mean Siva and herself, but I was so relieved, because it could have been disastrous... Well, even more so than already.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short but sweet, and everyone's okay! :) I'm adding another chapter later. Happy Pancake Day! :D