Perfectly Dysfunctional

Twenty seven

Four days later and it was the last day of the tour in London. Nareesha and I stood at the side of the stage as the guys finished up performing their Tiao Cruz medley and we clapped and screamed along with the audience. Jayne came up behind us and threw her arms around both of our shoulders –having to tiptoe higher to reach around Nareesha’s – and beamed at us. Everyone was in high spirits as it was the tours last day. Of course, we were all sad it was ending, but we’d had amazing memories from it – as well as some bad memories – but all in all, everyone had enjoyed it. We grinned back and she squished our faces to each side of hers.

“I’m gonna miss you two the most... But don’t tell them that,” she pretended to scald us and we laughed, kissing each side of her face.

“I’ll miss you most, too,” I joked then we turned our attention back to the stage as Nathan started speaking and Jayne stood beside us and pulled out the flipcam.

“So this is the last date of this tour!” The audience half cheered and half awed, and he laughed into the mic, “We’ll be back soon enough. Right, this is our last song..." He trailed off and winked at the audience with a smile on his face. He laughed when they cheered, "So, this tour has been a little weird for everyone on it, but we’ve made a new friend that we’ll all be keeping,” Nareesha grinned at me and nudged me with her elbow and I rolled my eyes but smiled anyway, “And we’ve all had a blast and enjoyed our summer so far. Now, yesterday, I was talking with two people,” He glanced over and Nareesha and I who flashed him dorky grins and waved comically, making him laugh again, “And they both told me that this happened to be one of their favourite songs of ours, so I found it even more fitting than it is already. It's also one of my own favourites, and I think it fits quite well with how summer's been going for us so far. So girls," He turned slightly to look at us, "This one's for you. This song is called Gold Forever."

As soon as he said it we were screaming and jumping around and clapping and hugging everyone around us, and Jayne filmed us both, laughing at us. As Max started singing, a warm feeling rushed over me. We belted along with it at the top of our lungs, and somewhere in my mind, I knew I had everyone that I’d ever want and need right here – bar Emma of course, who I had been told was coming down in three days. I thought back over the summer I’d had since being told I was moving and how reluctant I was to go, but how it pretty much changed my life. I was a lot happier in London than I was in Glasgow. Maybe it was the sun? I laughed to myself; I doubt it. I knew inside that it was most definitely the people I’d become friends with, and I wondered how the Hell I coped without them for so long.

I won't, I won't let your memory go, cos your colours they burn so bright. Who knows, who knows what tomorrow may hold? But I know that we'll be alright. Because we're butterflies, butterflies, we were made to fly. You and I, you and I, colours in the sky; we could rule the world someday, somehow, but we'll never be as bright as we are now...

And in that moment I knew that when Emma got here, I’d have the most perfect life that any girl could ever ask for.
♠ ♠ ♠
ASJKLFHSAKJGALKSF GOLD FOREVER, OKAY.