Perfectly Dysfunctional

Thirty one

Two days later, Emma had been introduced to everyone and she was already acting like she’d known them for eternity. Hell, she’d even decided to label Nareesha’s baby a girl just so there were a little more females (more females than males when you counted both Michelle and Kelsey, but they were almost always too busy with their own work).

Emma had bounced into my room one day after having been downstairs for a while to ask if I’d take her around London, but I had caught a bug from somewhere which left me to be throwing everything up, dizzy, unbalanced, loaded with migraines, and needing to eat but throwing up when the simplest of things touched my lips, such as water.

“Sorry, I would but I can’t possibly drive like this,” I said, my arm thrown over my head to block out all the light. “Can Nathan or Jay take you?”

“Jay's already went out and Nathan's still round at Tom and Max’s from last night, but it’s cool, I’ll figure it out. Feel better!” she said, then backed out of my room and closed the door behind her.

I groaned and lay still for a minute before reaching out and feeling around my bed until my hand hit my phone. Picking it up, I brought up a new message screen and started typing.

I can’t believe you’re STILL over there. I had to leave Emma to her own devices around London, aha. X

Within seconds my phone was ringing. Not bothering to look at the caller ID I picked it up and hit answer, “City morgue?”

You sound like shit, what’s up with you? Don’t tell me you’ve just woken up...

“Quite the opposite, actually. I’ve been up since about five am throwing my guts up, so life’s just dandy.”

I guess that’s why you had to leave her?

“Pretty much; I mean, I would’ve driven her in then I’d have just come home, but I can’t stand straight without tripping up so she said she’d figure it out,” I laughed, “Look out London.”

He chuckled, “You want me to come home? I was gonna head in about an hour anyway.

“Don’t be stupid, just do me a favour?” He was silent as he waited for me to continue, “Be quiet when you come in? And tell me where you keep painkillers, cos I’ve run out,” I laughed.

He laughed along with me, “Sure, and if you go into my room, they’re in the en-suite in the cupboard under the sink. Is it that bad?” As soon as he’d told me where they were I had thrown the covers off me and swung my legs round the side of the bed and sat up – admittedly a little too fast – and had to physically close my mouth for a few moments as the bought of nausea passed me, “Jenny?

“I’m here, sorry, but yeah,” I said as I slowly stood up and took a couple of steps towards the door, “It’s really that bad- Ow, dickfucker!” I screamed as I kicked the door on the way out and tumbled into the hallway. “Stupid bitchin’ door,” I cursed the door forevermore before returning my attention to walking slowly to Nathan’s room and talking to him on the phone. “Don’t laugh at me!” I whined.

I’m sorry...” he breathed down the phone, “But that was hilarious to hear... I’m coming home.

“Ugh, whatever, I can’t be bothered arguing with you- Wait, wait, wait!” I called quickly as he was about to hang up, “What’re they called, I can’t see them.” I was bent down on my toes using the sink to balance me as I searched through the many packets and bottles of several different pills that were there. It reminded me of me.

Uh, I don’t know, can you wait twenty minutes for me to get back?

“Maybe, I’ll see you soon then.” I hung up and let myself rock back from my heels to sit on the bathroom floor, holding my head. After a couple of minutes I dragged myself forward and out of the en-suite, only to crawl over Nathan’s untidy room and under his unmade covers. I shivered as I pulled them up and around me and I breathed in his scent – call me weird, ‘people smells’ are awesome. I smiled and felt the constant pounding in my head turn into a faint throbbing as I drifted off...

Then what felt like a second later, my eyes opened to stare at a Misfits t-shirt and I frowned. I saw the shirt move and realized it belonged to someone as I heard the laughter. I groaned and pulled my hand over my face, “Nathan.”

“Gooooood afternoon,” he dragged out the ‘good’, and shook a box above his head, “I come bearing gifts.” A corner of his mouth pulled up in half an amused smirk.

“Why are you laying this close to me?” I laughed and lay on my back with my eyes squeezed shut.

“Well, you are in my bed...” he trailed off and I made a noise of remembering and realisation, which made him laugh, “And I thought I’d freak you out a little...” I raised my eyebrows and slowly turned my head to look at his cheeky grin, “Didn’t work?”

“Didn’t work,” I confirmed then held my head with both hands.

“I’d tease you, but you look awful,” he said in a soft voice, then he sat up and pushed two pills out of the plastic coating and stretched over to pick up a glass of water that was sitting on the bedside table making his top ride up at the sides revealing a stretch of skin, his boxers and his jeans. In all my pain and nausea I couldn’t help but notice it and I felt my eyes bulge out of my head then grinned to myself, but wiped it away just in time for him to turn around again and smile at me. “You’ll feel better in about ten minutes.”

“Thank you, you’re a star,” I joked as I pushed myself up on my elbows, and both his hands supported my back as I tipped my neck back, screwed my face up, and swallowed the pills. I took another drink before handing the glass back to his waiting hand, and I got yet another treat of Nathan’s torso, but this time I was sitting up, and it took more of an effort to look away fast enough. He laughed loudly as he turned back round and obviously caught me, and I groaned but smirked anyway, “Leave me be,” I whined then let myself fall a little to the right to lean my head on his shoulder.

“Did I say anything?” he laughed even more as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

“You didn’t have to,” I said and looked up to glare at him.

“Whatever keeps you happy,” he said then pulled me back with him so we were both staring at the ceiling. I refrained from saying ‘it does’, and so instead, just smirked to myself. “How’re you feeling?” he asked softly and I buried my head further into him.

“Like shit,” I mumbled against him. I concentrated on his chest moving up and down and sighed, “I don’t even know what’s wrong with me.”

“Maybe it’s one of them twenty four hour head cold things?”

“It could be...” I mumbled. “Well, I hope it is.”

“Me too,” he squeezed my shoulders gently.

“Why?”

“Well, I don’t like seeing anyone sick, but you just take the piss.” I scoffed and hit him very, very weakly, “And I want my bed back.”

“You’ve got like, a King sized bed! Give a little!” I laughed. “Would it kill you to sleep in with Emma tonight?”

“Nope, but it might kill her,” he smirked and I laughed.

“That’s so true... Do it! No, I’m joking,” I said quickly as he made to get up but I pulled him back down and wrapped myself around him. “Wait, do you have anything to do?”

“Nope,” he grinned, “Just go to sleep.” He flicked the side of my head gently making my fringe fall into my eyes but he moved it back almost as soon as it fell, and within about twenty seconds I was asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Third time lucky!!! Im procrastinating. Enjoy! Let me know what you think! :)