Perfectly Dysfunctional

Thirty six

It was the day Emma was going home. We’d all hit the town the night before and got totally wrecked meaning a major hangover; and what was worse? Emma’s train was at ten am, so we had to get up early. We’d both got up at a ridiculous time and showered. I’d driven her to the station and stayed with her until the last possible moment before she had to leave, both bitching about our hangovers and talking about all the good times we’d had whilst she’d been down here, but trying not to cry. To say I was upset as I made my way back to my car was an understatement. Whether it was down to my hysterical tears or my hangover – I was still undecided on that – I sat in my car and just cried for about ten minutes. I’d gotten so used to her being with me that I’d pretty much forgotten about her having to go home, and now I wasn’t sure when I’d see her again. I pulled myself together enough to make the forty minute drive home. When I pulled up in the driveway I killed the engine and rested my head on the wheel. I pulled my sunglasses up to rest on the top of my head so I could wipe my tears away, letting my hair still fall around me, shielding the rest of the sunlight from my eyes. I felt like the world was spinning when I closed my eyes so quickly opened them and pulled the glasses over my face again before locking the car after I got out and heading to the house. I quietly opened the door and heard movement in the kitchen, before something smashed and Nathan yelled.

“No yelling,” I groaned and closed the door, “My head is still pounding,” I said as I emerged in the doorway and Siva stifled a laugh.

“Whoa, you look like shit.”

“Way to make a woman feel better about her self, Seev,” Nathan said from the floor – I guess he was picking up whatever Siva had broken.

“What he said,” I mumbled and poured myself a glass of water, quickly drinking it and refilling the glass, still perfectly aware that I had my sunglasses on. “Why are you even here?” I frowned.

His jaw dropped in mock hurt, “Just came over to see how everyone’s dealing with their hangovers.” He grinned.

Cocky bastard. He hadn’t been drinking last night because Nareesha couldn’t drink. I sighed and paused before speaking up, “Emma’s gone.” I tried not to sound too sad about it, but my voice cracked. Almost as soon as I’d said it, Siva’s arms were around me, Nathan had stood up and made his way over, throwing his arms around the other side of me, and I was trying my best not to cry into Siva’s chest. I was part of a Niva sandwich and I noted somewhere through my pounding headache and my upset for Emma not being here anymore that many fans would kill to be in my position. I laughed and sniffed, “Okay guys, not breathing...”

“She’ll be back again in no time,” Siva smiled down at me, “I’ll make you some breakfast or something – d’you want waffles?”

“NO!” Nathan said from right behind me making me flinch with the volume of what he said, “Sorry,” he mumbled in my ear before kissing behind it then raising his voice so Siva could hear, “Last time you made waffles here you managed to wake Jay up with the smell of fire, so we’ll be steering away from that.”

A thought suddenly hit me, “Siva, where’s Nareesha?”

“Visiting her parents, why?”

“Oh yeah I’d forgotten, I was just wondering.” Nathan wouldn’t let Siva cook me anything despite Siva apparently being a pretty good cook. In the midst of them arguing, Jay had woken up and made his way downstairs. Siva decided to leave to go and visit Tom and Max, and so Nathan cooked me waffles, “Oh my God Nathan, you failed to ever mention you could cook this amazingly!”

“It’s not the only thing I’ve failed to mention I’m amazing at,” he said and winked at me. Jay laughed and high fived him and I tore off a piece of one of Jay’s waffles and tossed it at Nathan.

“I don’t believe you,” I glared at him.

“I’ll prove it to you one night.”

“Fuck you,” I laughed and picked my phone from my pocket as it buzzed.

“You’d love to,” he mumbled under his breath and I walked by him and flicked his arm, “And you will!” he laughed.

“Shut up, Sykes,” I said then opened up the text I’d got from Nareesha. She’d asked how I was feeling with the hangover and with Emma leaving, and when I’d text her back she then asked me to help her move some more stuff in to Siva's then go shopping. I agreed and went to the kitchen again to pick up my keys, interrupting Nathan and Jay’s conversation.

“Where’re you off to?” Nathan asked.

“I’m helping Nareesha move some stuff and then we’re going shopping. Why, would you like to come?” I asked as a joke.

“Well that all depends... Will you be going to Anne Summers?” Jay wiggled his eyebrows at me and I rolled my eyes as I picked up my keys and put my sunglasses on.

“You two need to get laid,” I called over my shoulder.

“Well you could help us there!” They both hollered back and I laughed as I opened the font door.

“Goodbye, guys,” I said then closed the door behind me, laughing as I got into my car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler-y-ish, sorry! I'll be adding again later anyway, if Beks has anything to do with it ;)