Perfectly Dysfunctional

Forty

“Michelle, answer the phone,” I yawned from my position on the floor. We’d exhausted pretty much every film in the house. It was the day after The Wanted had left, and we’d spent a lot of last night watching movies, and finished watching all the movies in the house today. It was now eleven pm and we were sitting in the living room with the TV on but muted trying to think of something we could do now and tomorrow.

“Nareesha, answer the phone,” Michelle said in much the same tone I had from the way she was lounging across one of the sofas.

“Jenny, answer the phone,” Nareesha said, imitating our tones again and I groaned.

“You both suck,” I stood up and dragged my feet over to where the phone usually sat, “Alright, alright, jeez, I’m coming!” I yelled as I searched around the phone stand, finally finding it under a bunch of letters. I heard a general call of ‘that’s what she said’ come from Nareesha and Michelle and laughed as I hit answer, “Hello?”

Finally; jeez Jenny, how long does it take you to answer a phone?!

“Hi Siva, how’s LA? Yeah, London’s just fine, we’re all doing great, how about you guys?” I drawled as I made my way over to the staircase to sit down.

Siva! Way to be polite! What would your mother say?” I heard Jay in the background and laughed.

Good point; sorry Jenny!

I laughed, “That’s fine, so anyway, what’s up?”

Eh... not much; is Nareesha with you?

“Yes, she is,” I smiled knowing why he was panicking, “Her phone ran out of battery and even though Nathan told her that he has a spare charger, we can’t find it, so we’re gonna go get hers tomorrow. But she’s fine, I promise.”

Good... Uh, can I talk to her?

“Of course you can, but can you ask Nathan where that charger is so we can find it? Just tell Nareesha where it is,” I stood up and made my way back to the others, “Goodbye Seev!” I handed the phone to Nareesha and flopped down when she walked out of the room. “Manage to think of anything to do?” I glanced at Michelle.

“The only thing we could think of was shopping,” she pulled a face, “But meh...”

I looked at her shocked, “I’m sorry, hold up, Michelle – Michelle, Queen of shopping – doesn’t want to go?!”

She smirked and pushed my shoulder, “Shut up!” she laughed, “I’m just not in the mood for it, and we’ve been there so many times recently.”

“I agree,” I trailed off and we thought harder.

“I’d say go out to LA to visit them and hit some shops there, but a certain MISTER KANESWARAN CANNOT SEEM TO KEEP IT IN HIS PANTS!” she yelled loud enough for Nareesha to hear.

“I CAN VOUCH FOR THAT!” I agreed and covered my mouth with my hand to prevent myself from laughing only to hear Nareesha’s reply.

“EXCUSE ME?!” she squeaked. Michelle nudged me and tried to make me explain, “Hold on, Seev,” Nareesha said and came back into the living room.

“Want to explain that one?” Michelle finally said.

“Yes, please do!” Nareesha’s face was bright red.

“Let’s just leave it at ‘get Siva to ask Nathan’,” I said.

“No, no, no, let’s not,” Nareesha squealed.

“Okay fine, the day that Emma left and Nathan and Siva fixed up all your stuff...?” she was turning redder, “Yeah, me and Nathan were still in the house.”

She squealed and covered her face as Michelle burst out laughing, “We thought you’d gone out!”

“Well we did go out... After hearing that you two were occupied...” Michelle was still laughing and I hugged Nareesha, “Aw, love, I wouldn’t be ashamed, it sounded like Siva’s a great boyfriend!”

“Jenny!” I couldn’t help but laugh, and my comment had sent Michelle into hysterics.

“Suddenly,” Michelle wiped her eyes, “I’m not so bored anymore.”

“Oh, so shall we just talk about you and Max’s sex life?” Nareesha countered.

“No! Hearing one member of The Wanted’s sex life is enough for my lifetime, thanks.” I said.

“God dammit, we can’t even drag you into it,” Michelle muttered.

“Apparently we can...” Nareesha said still holding the phone to her ear and I frowned, “In a way...” I gasped.

“Nathan, shut up!”

“What did you and Nathan do?!” Michelle cried.

Nothing, oh my God, Nareesha, give me that phone!” I lunged forward and grabbed it off her before she had time to relax, “Siva, put Nathan on.”

Speaking, babe,” Nathan was grinning.

I tried not to laugh and put on a sweet voice, “Keep your trap shut or I will rip your balls from your body, okay sweet cheeks?”

Oh, feisty,” he said.

“What are you? Drunk?”

I may have had a drink or two, but I’m not drunk,” he laughed.

“Jenny, tell us!” Nareesha said and I shook my head.

“Put Siva back on so he can talk to Nareesha. I’d warn you to shut your mouth but I reckon you’ve told them – and if you haven’t, you’re going to.”

That second one would be more accurate. Bye Jenny, I love you so much,” he was taking the piss again, “Yo’, Seev!” I handed the phone back over to Nareesha who shared a few quick words with Siva before hanging up.

“So what happened?”

“Nothing, jeez, it’s not as juicy as it sounds...” I hoped they’d drop it, but instead they gave me a look, “Okay, fine, so I may have had a dream about Nathan yesterday, and he may have like, accidentally – although I’m sure he’s doing it all on purpose these days – may have caught me saying his name in my sleep...”

“Now the night is definitely less boring!” Michelle grinned and crossed her legs, “Tell us.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler again, sorry! I'll add when I finish my essay. :)