Perfectly Dysfunctional

Forty five

Jay woke up briefly in the ambulance but had literally no idea about anything which made me sick with worry. What if he’d lost his memory because of this dick? Nathan forced me in the ambulance because I had the wound on my back, and Max rode with us as Nathan deemed himself the calmest out of the three of them to drive. So there was Jay lying knocked the fuck out despite the paramedics attempts to keep him awake when he’d woken up, me sitting with my head between my legs – which wasn’t helping me one bit but the paramedics made me – breathing heavily as if they were my last breaths on Earth, and Max sitting beside me rubbing the top of my back to avoid the wound.

It was what you could call a shambles.

When we got to the hospital, Nathan was already there. “Fuck, he must’ve broken quite a few laws to get here before us,” I heard Max mutter and I agreed, nodding with wide eyes as I saw Nathan push up from the bonnet of his car.

“How’s Jay?” he asked as we reached him.

“He woke up...” I started but my voice cracked and I had to stop as the sudden urge to cry rushed over me but I tried to push it away. Max took over.

“Yeah he woke up but couldn’t remember a thing and then knocked himself out again even though the paramedics tried to keep him awake.”

“Cunts wouldn’t let us anywhere near him to try and keep him awake,” I glared at the floor through my tears as we walked into the brightly lit hospital lobby and Max chuckled lightly.

“Yeah, they made Jenny here sit with her head between her knees,” Max informed Nathan who burst out laughing then awed. If I had felt any differently I would’ve made some remark, but all I could manage was half a smile, “So where’s Tom? And how the Hell did you get here before the ambulance?!”

“He went to get Siva and Nareesha, and because I’m just that good.” Nathan mumbled as I was suddenly grabbed and dragged down a hallway by two nurses repeatedly talking at me about what happened and trying to get me to talk. It was overwhelming me. I felt sick, I had a brutal migraine making it difficult to even blink without it hurting, and I had a fuck off stab wound in my back. I gulped and gasped for air as they dragged me further towards the theatre where Jay apparently was and struggled against their grip.

“Hey, please, just slow down,” I breathed but they ignored me, trying to press the information from me. I felt claustrophobic, I couldn’t breathe. The bright white of the corridors and the pale ugly lighting was making my head spin even more and I stumbled over my feet a few times before falling to the floor, “Nathan... I need him...”

The nurses finally stopped and threw me a look of annoyance and confusion, “Who is Nathan?”

I’m Nathan,” I heard his voice and suddenly I didn’t feel as claustrophobic anymore as he’d made the nurses move and let my wrists go. I gasped for air and he came down to my level on the floor, “Jenny, please, just... breathe,” he forced his voice to stay calm and I saw Max speaking to the nurses hopefully about what happened so I didn’t have to do it later, “I don’t want to have to help you breathe again,” Nathan mumbled with a smirk and I started to control my breathing. I groaned and threw my head against his shoulder, panting in an attempt to steady my shaky breathing rate. He laughed.

“It’s not funny,” I said, noticing I was getting more and more oxygen to my lungs. “Ugh,” I moaned and moved my head from his shoulder and sat on the floor on my hands and knees as he sat in front of me crouched down.

“We’re going to get that sorted,” he nodded towards my back where I didn’t even need to touch to know that my t-shirt was pretty much ruined with the amount of blood seeping through it now.

“I’m fine,” I moaned and he paused halfway through helping me up to give me an incredulous look.

“I’m not even going to argue that point Jenny. C’mon...” He trailed off as he took my hand and we walked forward a few steps to the nurses and Nathan had a few... select words, let’s say, with them.

Twenty minutes later I was sitting on the side of a bed in my bra screwing my eyes up as they stitched my back up. Apparently the cut was much deeper than I originally thought and, even though they’d given me a tonne of drugs and painkillers, it still hurt like a bitch. “Nath, words cannot describe to the world how much I fucking hate you right now,” I groaned as the doctor behind me pierced my skin again.

He stood up from the chair and chuckled, “And I love you too Jenny.” He stood in between my legs and kissed my forehead but I glared at him. He rolled his eyes, “Come on, it’s nearly done, right, doc?”

“Yup...” I heard the doctor’s voice, “In fact...” He pierced my skin once again but this time it hurt a lot more and I screamed out. I felt some thread being pulled, “That’s you done,” he said in a cheery voice as he tied a knot and cut the end of the thread. I glared at Nathan’s cheesy face that he pulled with his thumbs up and reached out to punch him but he jumped out the way. The doctor then got some gauze and covered up the stitches, telling me I shouldn’t get it wet and then gave me some more gauze so I could change it at home until it was time to get the stitches removed.

“How’s James McGuiness doing?” I asked him as I stood up slowly from the bed.

“I’m not too sure; I’ll find out now for you. I’ll leave you to get dressed and I’ll be outside,” he smiled and left the room.

I picked up my t-shirt that was covered in blood, “Oh...” I muttered and pulled a face before beginning to fix it to pull it over my head.

“What are you doing?” Nathan asked.

“I’m putting my t-shirt back on...” I replied and he raised his eyebrow and smiled a little, “I’m not walking around this hospital in my bloody bra!” I hissed and he rolled his eyes.

“You are so dumb sometimes,” he said and pulled his shirt up.

“What, so you can walk about shirtless?” I said and pulled it back down.

“Well it’s that or the hoodie...” he trailed off.

“Gimme your hoodie,” I muttered and crossed my arms across my chest. I pulled it over my head as quickly as I could and just caught Nathan staring at me. Up until this point I reckoned he’d been pretty good about not staring so I let him off with this one... a little. “Nath? I’m up here,” I waved my hands in front of my face then rolled my eyes and smirked as he blushed and looked down a little bit. “Come on,” I grabbed his hand then we headed outside to meet the doctor who started walking when he saw us. He stayed silent.

“So how is he?” Nathan pressed.

He looked stressed suddenly, “Well...”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so excited to post forty seven, you would not BELIEVE. Okay, ohhhh, what's up with Jay? :o