Perfectly Dysfunctional

Five

The rest of the gig was absolutely amazing, of course, and as we walked to where the back door of the venue was (Dave knew because he’d done the same for hundreds of other bands), I showed him the pictures. He seemed even more distant but he kept shrugging it off and as we rounded the corner to where the buses usually were we both frowned.

“Well, normally it’s so much busier,” he murmured. The place was literally deserted, the both of us being the only life form.

“This is actually kinda creepy,” I said but laughed anyway as we made our way closer.

Another five minutes later, a door slammed open then closed, and voices were heard shouting. I grinned when I heard them because I figured out who it was. Dave grinned at my little spasm and pushed my shoulder. I pushed him back just as they rounded the corner, glancing around quickly and seeming to relax when they saw the two of us.

Max and Tom were first round and they smiled at us, “Hey, guys, were you at the show?” Tom asked.

“Sure were,” I said, indicating my t-shirt. “Hey, is it alright if I can get a picture?”

“Yeah, of course you can,” Tom pulled my shoulder round after I handed my camera to Dave on the right setting. Max asked my name and I introduced Dave and I before the picture was taken. “So where're you from anyway?” Tom asked after the picture had been taken.

“Thanks, eh I’m from Scotland.”

“Scotland? Did you go to the gig we done in September?” Jay asked as he approached.

I smiled, “I did. My friend and I did, actually. One of the best gigs I’ve ever been to; she managed to get front row tickets.”

Jay smiled hugely and noticed the camera in Dave’s hand, “You know what, you don’t even need to ask for a picture for that comment,” he said, grinning and grabbing me towards him. He threw his arm around my shoulders and I grinned widely for the picture. I thanked him as both Siva and Nathan came over, and Tom asked why I was in London.

“Oh, I moved here a couple of days ago. I needed something to look forward to, so I bought a ticket.”

“Did you come with this guy?” Nathan asked and nodded towards Dave.

“This is Jenny and Dave,” Tom said carefully, looking at Nathan who slowly nodded then turned back to me and I remembered he'd asked me a question.

“Uh, no, I bought my ticket from the shop he works in and met up with him here. I never knew he was coming.” I noticed the glare that Max gave Dave before he turned to me and grinned.

“Did you enjoy it, then?”

“I did, it was so amazing,” I couldn't believe I was having this conversation with The frickin' Wanted! Nathan and Siva grinned and my heart thudded, and I was just about to ask them for a picture when a phone sounded. Dave’s hand was already in his pocket and he answered his phone, walking slightly away for a moment before coming back and quickly rushing out an apology, handing me back my camera telling me his dad needed him home before rushing off.

“O-kay, then...” I sighed and turned back to face The Wanted - who were all glaring after him. Whoa, what the hell was going on here?

“Are you alright on getting home now that he bailed?” Nathan asked, the tone of his voice flat.

“Yeah I'm fine, I came on my own I have my car.” He nodded in understanding, “Hey, can I have a picture with you guys?” I asked Nathan and Siva, who both willingly agreed. Siva took my camera and gave it to Jay, demanding he take the picture.

“And get my good side!”

“Seev, you’re a model; every side is your good side,” Jay said, then snapped the picture. The result was hilarious; Siva was shocked and Nathan and I had burst out laughing. “Right, let me take another one. And Siva, smile this time. Please don’t pout, you might knock the poor girl out,” he said sarcastically and Siva pretended to laugh as we got into position. I stood in between them again and they both threw their arms around my shoulders and crouched down slightly.

“Jeez, way to make me feel taller, guys,” I muttered and they laughed before Jay told us he was ready to take the picture. We smiled and he counted us in.

“Three, two, one...” He snapped the picture just as we heard a gun being fired in the background somewhere. I jolted forward slightly but kept smiling as the picture was taken. It was only after the flash had gone that I noticed the pain in my shoulder but I ignored it for a moment, the whole of the pain not registering until Jay swore loudly. No one else noticed.
♠ ♠ ♠
LET IT BEGIN! ;)