Perfectly Dysfunctional

Fifty one

A few days later we headed out to buy everyone’s costume. The store they had was huge, and it had pretty much every costume idea you could imagine. “Guys,” I said as we walked in, “Do you think we could use them again?” I laughed.

“Probably; I mean, when Jay starts with the whole dressing up thing, he doesn’t usually stop for like, two weeks, so that’s Christmas and New Year, and everything in between,” Nareesha said and we all laughed. “Right, meet back here in an hour,” she grinned, “Bye!”

I wondered off, looking at all the costumes and thinking of Michelle and Jay. I didn’t know if I wanted to buy Michelle any of the outfits I personally would wear, or if I should buy her a funny one, or a slutty one, or one for a joke. And I already knew what I was going to get Jay. There was so many I could choose and before I’d made my way through the whole store, the hour was almost up. I found the perfect outfit for Michelle and quickly found her size before searching for what would be Jay’s outfit. I found it more easily than I thought I would then quickly paid for both costumes, making sure no one I’d been with had seen them. “This is gonna be so good,” I grinned as I skipped towards the three who were waiting on me.

“Oh God,” the three of them said at the same time as we headed out towards the food court.

“Only one of you has to be really concerned,” I laughed.

When we were finished eating we decided to go and see a movie. Half way through, Nareesha remembered she was meant to be going somewhere with Siva and laughed off the fact that she’d blown him off, but quickly texted him to apologize. When the movie was over, we made our way back home bringing Nareesha with us as Siva had text her saying he’d be at me, Nathan and Jay’s. When we got there, we rushed up to my room to switch outfits. We sat cross-legged on my bed with our bags in front of us, grinning like fools.

“Okay, who wants to go first?”

“Me!” Michelle squealed and we laughed, letting her go first, “Okay,” she pulled the outfit from the bag and the picture on the front indicated it was a Tinkerbell costume. I grinned and discretely glanced at Emma who had huge wide eyes then looked back at Michelle who was sniggering, “Because I know you love it... Emma, I got you.”

Emma cried out in happiness, “Thank you! Oh my God, you’re right I love it! Right, I’ll go next,” she was still grinning and pulled an Alice in Wonderland dress out of her bag, “Nareesha, I got you; I know you love the new movie, and this was as close as I could get. I think that’ll fit... I’m sure it will,” she smiled and handed Nareesha the pack.

Nareesha beamed, “Thanks! It’s awesome! I’ve always wanted to be Alice,” she pulled Emma into a sideways hug, “Thanks Emma! Okay, me next then,” she slowly reached for her bag – jokingly adding a ‘dramatic effect’ – whilst glancing between Michelle and I. “Right,” she pulled the bag away to reveal a ‘slutty’ Dorothy outfit. Everyone laughed, “Cos I think it’d suit you and I know you like the movie, and it’s also gonna be really funny to see you wear this version... Jenny, I got you.”

I laughed, “Aw, thanks Nareesha,” I grinned then laughed again as I took the pack from her, “It’s great; I love Dorothy! Well, that leaves me then,” I looked at Michelle and pulled her costume from the bag, “Okay so I suck at choosing, but I saw this and thought it was amazing, and then I thought it’d be even more amazing on you, so this is yours,” I laughed and handed her the ‘slutty’ pirate costume.

She grinned, “Thanks Jenny, this is so awesome... I’m so excited for this now.” We all agreed and chatted for a while, exchanging costumes so we could see how they looked. I was just about to ask if we should try them on when I heard footsteps rushing upstairs.

“Fuck!” I whisper-yelled and grabbed the bags our costumes had been in whilst the other three grabbed the costumes and stuffed them under the duvet. I scrunched the bags up as small as I could and shoved them under my leg just as my door burst opened and in ran Siva quickly followed by Jay who closed the door as quickly as he could. I pulled my eyebrows together. “What… are you two doing?”

“Running away from Nath,” Jay shrugged as Siva walked over to Nareesha and kissed her forehead gently. “So did you guys get anything when you were out?” he asked, sitting down close to Emma.

“Nah, we ended up in the cinema,” she smiled at him and he smiled back. More footsteps were heard on the stairs followed by Nathan’s voice.

“God sake, what are you two doing in there? I’m telling you, Nareesha won’t be happy when she finds you two in there...” his voice trailed off as he headed further down the hall – presumably to the bathroom – and we all giggled. “What the...?” Soon enough my door was slammed opened again.

“Can people please show some love to my motherfucking door!” I cried.

“I have to agree,” Emma put in, “It’s been banged more times in the past twenty minutes than The Wanted has in their lifetime.” The way her comment was so casually put out there made everyone laugh so hard for such a long time.

“I never knew you guys were home,” Nathan said after he’d calmed down, “Do you guys wanna go out tonight?” he asked us all and we agreed on dinner. “Right, well you’ve got about half an hour cos we’re starving, so hurry!” he said as he stood in the doorway after Siva and Jay left.

“Charming,” I noted jokingly then slammed the door closed in his smirking face, laughing as I did so.

“JENNY, HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF HE SLAMMED YOU LIKE THAT ALL THE TIME?!” Emma shouted causing my cheeks to flare, Nathan to call ‘I heard that’ when he was halfway down the stairs, and making us all launch into a fit of hysterics.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next one's a party! :)