Perfectly Dysfunctional

Nine

As I climbed the stairs I heard him as he finished his juice and put his glass in the sink, too, then paused. I stopped at the top of the stairs, grinning to myself, imagining him weighing his options.

“Hey Jenny, wait up,” he said and I turned.

“Can you bring those bags up with you, please?” I asked pointing at the bags I’d thrown at the bottom of the stairs. "Thank you," I smiled as he picked them up. I led him down the hall into my room, stopping suddenly with my hand on the door. “Oh, shit,” I groaned. Before he even had the chance to ask what was wrong I glanced back over my shoulder, “You’re forbidden to laugh, okay. You’re gonna wish you stayed downstairs,” I murmured as I opened the door to reveal my room. One wall was filled with photographs and the other was filled with things I’d made, like quotes from songs and stuff, and I had a couple from The Wanted.

“What’s so bad about it?” he asked as he looked closer. “Hey, this is actually pretty cool!”

“Thanks,” I smiled, feeling a little better about it. I got my stuff together to shower.

“It’s signed?” he pointed to the calendar on the wall.

“Yeah, you guys done a signing in January so I thought ‘why not?’ Feel free to snoop," I said as I walked into the en suite and sighed, “Wish me luck.”

“Ouch, Jesus Christ Nathan, watch where you’re shoving that thing!” I yelled forty minutes later. It had taken me a good thirty five minutes to properly shower, wash my hair, dry and get changed, and now Nathan was helping me with my hair.

He sniggered, “My bad.” He placed the brush down and picked up the straighteners.

“If you burn my ears I will kill you.”

“Okay, ma’am,” He set to work on my hair. After watching me struggle to move my arm more than a couple of centimetres each way, he’d offered to help blow dry and straighten my hair. I politely denied help at first, not wanting to look like a total idiot, especially after having known him for half a day, but gave up when we fought over the blow dryer. Forty minutes later, I was fully dressed and ready to go.

“So, is this pub nice, then?”

“It’s great! Jayne - who I’m assuming you know - used to take us there a lot when we first moved here for lunch and dinner and stuff. The best food you’ll ever eat in London.”

“Oh, sounds good.”

We pulled up outside this amazing looking pub twenty five minutes later and walked in to find the rest of The Wanted already sitting with their drinks in front of them laughing and joking.

“Ah, there she is!” Tom grinned and shimmied over and I felt my cheeks heat a little before sitting down beside him. He threw his arm around me and I was thankful that it was my left shoulder that was crushed against him and not my right.

“So, what do you want to drink?” I asked.

“No way, I'm getting this,” Nathan argued.

“Oh, please; we’ll call it quits for you having to do my hair.”

He paused then smirked, “Fine. I’ll have whatever you’re having.”

“It’s not alcohol.”

“Oh, even better,” he grinned and I stood up and stepped away from my seat. I heard Max say something about 'baby Nath'.

“Check the rebel out,” Jay said and I laughed.

“I’ll stick with the juice, thanks. If I go home pissed it’ll be out on the streets for me,” I heard them chuckle to themselves as I walked away. I rolled my eyes but smiled.

I was waiting for all of three seconds at the bar when I heard my name being called. I looked behind me towards our table but saw them all in conversation, Siva pushing Nathan’s shoulder and him shoving back. I turned back around with a frown on my face to be faced with Dave.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)