Status: working on it...

Roman.

Ch. 15

When he opened the door to the Clubhouse he was cut off by Ethan with Sutton, Maya, and Hanna behind him, "Uh, Roman? What are you doing here?"
Roman shoved Ethan aside, "Thinking and figuring things out..." He walked past the girls and back into the woods, he couldn't believe that they could keep something like that from him. They just invited him into their group because he looked like someone else, "Roman! What's wrong with you?" Ethan yelled trying to catch up with him. Roman turned quickly and looked him dead in the eyes, clearly furious, "Why don't you ask Alexander, maybe you'll get more answers from him. We're over Ethan, I can't believe you would try to date me just because I look like someone else!"
The look on Ethan's face was a mix of horror, and something that Roman couldn't figure out, "Alexander...?"
Roman rolled his eyes, turned around and ran straight out of the wood.
When he got to town, everything seemed quiet and calm. Even the fog seemed to lighten up a bit more.
He was fuming with hatred and disgust at everything that was going on.
He walked down the small road to the turn off that took him through the town square.
He looked up and saw the same boy that was in his kitchen earlier, the same one that was in every one of the pictures he'd seen so far, the same boy with his face. Alexander.
"Hey!" Roman yelled, but the boy was unaffected. He didn't even budge as Roman yelled out to him.
He ran up to the boy and tried to keep up the pace with him until he realized that he was crying.
Roman stopped, the tears that the boy emitted seemed to block out his surroundings. He couldn't help but wonder what he was crying for.
The boy kicked a trash can as he rounded the corner, Roman followed slowly behind him.
He also realized that the boy was listening to music which is probably why he didn't hear him.
The boy stopped as his phone rang, he looked at the caller I.D. and screamed in frustration, "What?.... No, you don't understand..... How could you keep something like that from me for all this time!..... Whatever.... It's too late now!.... Just, just don't talk to me right now!" He hung up his phone and punched at a brick wall, causing him pain. The tears flowed freely down his face as he slid down the wall and cried in defeat.
Apparently Roman wasn't the only one that people were keeping secrets from.
He turned back towards his house, it was now or never. He had to see what was in that attic.

As he turned around another corner, he began to notice that every single light was out and that no sound was made. Not even from him.
The fog around him seemed to be falling like snow, getting stuck in his clothing and his hair.
He smelt smoke, but couldn't see where the flames were coming from.
Was someones home on fire? Did a building catch flame? Or was he just imagining it all?
He shook the thought out of his head, that wasn't his problem to deal with.

He walked past another building until there were no more, just trees. He knew that he was getting closer to his home.
The walk was intense and it seemed as if the temperature had dropped severely. He was holding on to himself as he inched closer and closer to the place that he called home.
When he finally approached the house it looked completely deserted. Like no one had been living there for a while, but the car was still in the driveway so he knew otherwise.
He braced himself as he walked up to the front door...