Status: working on it...

Roman.

Ch. 4: Coming Home

After the little incident in the hallway with VP McWilliams, Roman continued on his day attending each class up until the sixth period bell, at that point he made his way into the school's library.
Once there he saw Sutton sitting at a corner table all by herself reading some book.
Adjusting the straps of his backpack, Roman quietly made his way to her, "Mind if I sit here?"
She looked up, closed her book and just smiled, "Go ahead, I was waiting for Ethan but it seems like he just disappeared on me."
Roman frowned, "What's up with that guy? Is he always that.... serious with everyone or is it just me?"
Sutton's face went from happy to thoughtful and back to happy in seconds, "He's just going through a hard time right now. One of our old friends is having trouble realizing some things and we can't exactly just up and change things by ourselves."
Roman frowned, "I'm sorry, if there's anything you need me to do then..."
She cut him off before he could finish, "No. Roman, its fine. You're fine... I actually have to go, a meeting with the VP and all... Text me later?"
He nodded as she exited the library, he couldn't help but wonder who they were trying to help, and what they wanted to help them with.

Hours later he was back home and neither his mother or sister were anywhere to be found. He didn't think much of it as he walked into the kitchen, he looked around for something to eat and decided on a toasted sandwich and lemonade.
He grabbed two slices of bread and put them into the toaster. The hum of the refrigerator roared to life as he opened the door to look for meat and cheese.
Suddenly the smell of smoke filled the air and the sound of flames.
He turned to see the toaster burning and in flames.
He cursed as he ran to unplug the toaster then proceeded on to grabbing a dry rag and fanning out the flames.
Once he successfully doused out the flames, he stood by the counter and stared at the floor for a moment before a swift movement by the window caught his eye.
Someone was just there, someone that wasn't Cassie or his mother.

He ran out of the front door and looked around, "Hello? Anyone out here?"
He thought he heard some rustling off in the bushes, but he figured it was nothing.
Just to be safe, he locked the door behind him and circled the property twice to make sure that nothing was amiss.
He was sure that he saw someone at that window, but no one was out there.
Sighing, he went back into his home and locked the door securely behind him.
He then took the stairs two at a time until he reached his bedroom.
Locking his door, he plopped down on his bed and dozed off into a very comfortable slumber.