Status: working on it...

Roman.

Ch. 8:

Ethan got into the truck and revved it up until it started.
"So, are you gonna tell me what that dream was really about?" He asked as he backed out of the clearing and started through the trees again.
Taking a deep breath, Roman stared out of the window, "It's nothing, I mean... I had a similar dream the other day. I'm just guessing that its the move and a new house, new school, and new friends that I have to get used to..." He turned his head towards Ethan, "But like, I don't know... Something in me kinda feels like something happened in this town... Something bad. Can you think of anything?"
Ethan hesitated for a moment, "Nah, I'm sure it's just a case of the newbies. Like you said, you're new around here and you're probably just scared."
"Yeah..." They were silent as the truck bounced over a dip in the terrain. It was awkward now, and Roman could tell that Ethan was hiding something from him but he didn't know what.
"So, tell me more about this guy that you liked that I remind you so much of."
A smile made its way across Ethan's face as he began to speak, "He was like nothing I've ever seen before. It's like he brought out the best in all of us, me included."
Roman let all of this sink in, "So what happened to him?"
Ethan's smile turned into an uncomfortable frown, "He disappeared about a year ago. I always have this feeling that he'll just show up one day and tell us all about this wonderful adventure that he had, but we all know that won't happen. You actually moved into his old house..."
Roman turned his head towards Ethan so fast that anyone looking would have thought that it was going to snap off, "Seriously? Can I ask you something else? What's up in the attic?"
Ethan tensed up again as the headlights met the road leading back to Roman's house, "The attic? I don't know, but do not go up there. No matter what, you got that?"
Ethan had such an urgency in his voice that it frightened Roman, "Yeah... I understand..."

The two drove through town to get to Roman's house, and Roman was staring out the window. He decided not to continue talking about all this stuff.
As Ethan kept driving, Roman caught glimpses of families and teenagers entering and exiting stores and restaurants, but it was one place that caught his attention out of every other place.
"Ethan did you see that?"
"See what, Romey?"
He sat back in his seat, "Nothing..."
The car fell silent again as his mind processed what he just saw.
Exiting out of a pizza place was this black man that looked to be about in his thirties and a young man with light eyes, long dreads, and a familiar face.
The boy from his dreams? Him?
So he was having hallucinations now? Or were his dreams finding a way to come into reality?
Roman was scared, and he had every right to be.
But that isn't all he has to be scared of...