Status: working on it...

Roman.

Ch. 9

"Thanks for driving me home Ethan." After several minutes of silent driving, they finally pulled up to Roman's driveway. Roman watched as Ethan nodded and looked uncomfortably out of the mirror, "I guess I'll see you at school tomorrow..."
He nodded and Roman exited the truck.
When he made it to the front door, Ethan backed out into the street and sped off. That boy was a mystery, especially to Roman.

He opened the door and walked into his home. Most of the lights were off, meaning that either Cassie or Roman's mother, Alexandra, were asleep.
He tip-toed up the stairs, but stopped when he hard muffled voices coming from his mothers' bedroom. It was Alexandra and... some man.
He strained himself to hear what they were saying,
"Alex, we have to tell him sometime, we can't just keep this secret from him forever.."
"Yes we can Luka, as much as I want to tell Rome, i just don't know when the right time is... Maybe later after everything settles down... Is he here?"
The man sighed, "No... from what I remember he was out and about."
"Good, so we don't have to worry about any complications..."
"We need to keep him away from that place for as long as we can, is everything still hidden?"
"Yes, it's all up in the attic..."
Complications? Luka? attic? His mother was in her bedroom having a conversation with his no good father, and they were keeping secrets from him? There is no way...
He quietly made his way back to his room to collect his thoughts, but to no avail.
Instead he went to shower and planned on going to sleep soon after...