Status: In Progress

Give Me All Your Hopeless Hearts.

Wedding Bells

Gerard's P.O.V
The room was bright beneath my eyelids, i hadn't found the courage to open them yet. It was taking a while for my brain to react to what was happening around me and I wondered what woke me until Mikey's voice came bellowing from the other side of the door.
"Come on Gerard, if you don't answer in more than a grunt I'm coming in…" I snuffled a laugh and shouted, croakily and not very loud at all.
"Come in if you bring coffee," My eyes opened at the sound of the door closing and the smell of caffeine drifting to me. He put the cup on my bedside table along with my packet of cigarettes and my lighter, as my eyelids started to flutter again Mikey groaned.
"It's your wedding day, dick bag, you don't get five more minutes," a jolt of excitement rumbled through me, my eyes flew open and I sat up suddenly, getting comfy against the headboard and instantly reaching for my cigarettes. Mikey eye'd me curiously.
"you're not nervous are you?" looking up at him through the lighter flame I inhaled deeply, paused for a moment, letting the smoke fill my lungs before pushing it out roughly.
"not about getting married, I knew I was going to marry him a long time ago, just the actual wedding, there's a lot of opportunities for me to make an ass of myself today, whats the bets I make the most of all of them," Sipping coffee for something to do I tried to ignore the uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach. Frank wouldn't be worrying like this, in fact, I'll bet he's been up hours already, calling the hotel where we're having the ceremony to make sure everything's okay, the caterers, the flower store. He's probably so animated and excited it's taking all of Bob's strength not to kill him. Frank and Bob stayed at Linda and David's last night so that they could get ready and meet us there.
I could feel Mikey's eyes on me. Turning round to find my lighter I catch his eye and give him my biggest smile, all of my teeth on show. How could he possibly think i'd be nervous about marrying the man of my dreams? I've waited for this day for a really long time and now it's finally here I don't think I'll ever want to forget it, or spend a moment of it not smiling.
"dude, I'm getting fucking married today!" he simply smiled back, almost matching mine.
"yeah you are!" He held up his hand and I high fived him, giggling.

The morning went surprisingly fast, I thought it would be one of those days where everything dragged and there would be a lot of waiting around but i found myself rushing, rushing to get ready, rushing to make sure everything that was left to me to sort out, which wasn't a lot, was perfect, before I really knew what was happening I was stood at the altar with Frank, about to say our vows.

Frank's P.O.V
Upon waking up I found myself surrounded by the deafening snores of Bob Bryar and groaned inwardly, now that i was awake however, excitement started creeping over my skin like electricity, my alarm would be going off in approximately five minutes but decided that i couldn't wait that long to show my excitement.
"BOB BOB BOB BOB." I shouted, running over to him and jumping onto the bed next to him, he snorted and woke suddenly.
"what? what is it?" he was looking around as if expecting to be faced with a burglar.
"IM GETTING MARRIED IN A FEW HOURS MOTHERFUCKER, WAKE THE FUCK UP," giving me the dirtiest look he could possibly muster he shoved me right off the bed and rolled over on his side, with every intention of getting comfortable again, waiting for sleep to take him.
"alarms going off in five minutes anyway dude, enjoy the few minutes sleep," Bob swore loudly and sat up, he pushed his palms into his eyes and yawned widely.
"you would have thought, being that it is your wedding day, you'd be able to show some sort of maturity," He grabbed his cigarettes from the bedside table and wandered over to the window, plopping himself down unceremoniously he lit the cigarette that was dangling from his lips and threw the packet at me.
"really? You expected that?" i asked him, disbelievingly.
"not really but you can't blame a man for wishing," rolling my eyes i pulled a cigarette from the packet also and squeezed in next to him, he threw an arm around my shoulder and smiled widely at me.
"i wonder how much Gerard's freaking out about his hair this morning…" the sound of his name made my heart flutter and i found myself grinning.
"i doubt they're even awake yet! Which reminds me i need to call the florists and the caterers and check every things on schedule!" Bob clicked his tongue in annoyance but didn't say anything. He knew how much i wanted everything to be perfect today, with all the shit Gerard and I have gone through over the years this is the one thing in our lives that just can't possibly be ruined.

"If i ever get married, i do not want this much of a fuss to be made," he said, chuckling to himself.
"you really think you'll get away with a small wedding when you're in love with a Way brother?" we both laughed and he bumped my shoulder with his.
"Mikey isn't like Gerard, he doesn't like attention, he doesn't like a big fuss and loads of romance, he likes things simple and fun," of course, he had the grasp of Mikey's personality perfectly and i grinned at him.
"Bob Bryar, you are utterly and hopelessly in love," he nodded.
"yep, looks like we're both loves bitches," Snorting into my cigarette i reached behind me for my cellphone, there were innocent people to be yelled at.

Gerard's P.O.V
The room looked spectacular, there was white fabric covering the walls so it looked like the inside of a very grand, very expensive tent. The hardwood floor was glistening beneath my black, pointed shoes. The white chairs were sitting in perfect rows, not a blemish among them. Everything was perfect, Frank was standing with Bob and David, talking softly, he let out a bark of laughter that filled the hall which was beginning to swell with people as they made their way along the rows of seats. Frank looked amazing, his red tie tucked into his jacket and he was fiddling with the rose in his button hole. Inked knuckles moving nervously as he attempted to straighten the flower for the millionth time, he looked up and caught my eye, he grinned widely and winked, my cheeks warmed and i knew blush was creeping over them. Mikey patted me on the shoulder and left my side for a moment to go and see Bob, he propelled himself into his boyfriends arms and kissed him lightly, feeling slightly jealous that i wasn't able to kiss Frank yet, i remembered the next time i'd kiss him would be as a married couple and my stomach shuddered with happiness. My thoughts being so far away i hadn't registered my mother rushing towards me and hugging me tightly.
"Oh Gerard you both look wonderful! Get Mikey to leave that poor boy alone for two seconds, we're about to start!" My heart thumped as i beamed at her and nodded. My voice didn't seem to want to work properly so i gestured wildly at Mikey who came bouncing back over to me just as a tall man in a boring grey suit who i assumed was the minister stood in front of the chattering crowd and called loudly, yet warmly,
"settle down please everyone, if the happy couple would like to join me up here, we're ready to begin" Mom squeezed my hand and dad clapped me on the shoulder as i wandered forward, Mikey fell in line just behind me and my dad close behind him, i saw Bob and David standing behind Frank they both smiled at me.
Finally my attention was caught by Frank, i couldn't stop staring at him, his eyes seemed to be burning into me and i felt if i tore myself away from them i'd surely never be able to breathe again, the ceremony seemed to be speeding by, Frank was repeating after him and i wasn't listening to a word of it, i was too entranced by his lips moving, how he flicked his tongue over them when he paused, something i knew he only did when he was nervous or concentrating hard.
Then it was my turn and miraculously I managed to repeat everything with no blunders, without paying the slightest bit of attention.

"Frank and Gerard have decided to write their own vows, Frank first if you please," Frank stepped slightly closer and took both of my hands in his, i stared down at them for a second before looking straight into his eyes again.

"Gerard, i knew from the moment i saw you, you were going to change my life. That first morning, when you waltzed into the kitchen with messy hair and lack of coffee that doesn't suit you, i knew that you had turned my world upside down completely. We proved that love can overcome anything, we've been through so much together, we've both broken and we helped put each other back together again, we've made each other laugh and we've made each other cry but I wouldn't change any of it because it got us to where we are today, here, together. I love you, Gerard Way and I promise i will continue to love you not until i stop breathing because my soul will still love you even then, but until the last star dies out and there is nothing but darkness. I am proud to call you my husband." He grinned at me and let go of one of my hands so i could wipe the tear that was trailing down my cheek.

Frank's P.O.V
Letting go of one of Gerard's hands so he could wipe the tears away i smiled at him sweetly, i didn't care that we were in a room full of people of that my vows may have seemed corny because they were from me, to Gerard, as far as i am concerned no one else in the world even exists right now, with some prompting from the minister Gerard takes a deep, shuddering breath and smiled at me with a wobbly smile.

"Frank Iero, you've always had a way of rendering me speechless, you've done it again at a rather unfortunate time," there was a ripple of light laughter throughout the crowd as i stood, grinning at the man who was about to become my husband. " I have loved you for a long time, even when we weren't together and even when i thought we would never be together again i didn't give up on you, on us. I knew that one day we'd be standing here, that one day we would show the world that we were serious, we were just a summer fling or a phase, you are my gravity, you keep me attached to life and i can't thank you enough for being the wonderful human being that you are and for letting me love you and even more amazingly, loving me in return. I promise to never forget how lucky i am and i will never take you for granted, even if the next few years are as hard as the last i know that we'll be standing hand in hand, us against the world. I love you Frank and i will never tire of telling you so." he stopped suddenly and let out a deep breath. My cheeks were now tear stained too, in fact, i was pretty sure there wasn't a dry eye in the place, i even noticed Bob catch a falling tear and then look around hoping no one had seen. The minister looked quite moved and gulped loudly before turning to me.
"Frank Anthony Iero do you take Gerard Arthur Way to be your lawfully wedded husband?" Smiling broadly at the beautiful, green eyed man before i said clearly "I do" he smiled at me.
"and do you Gerard Arthur Way take Frank Anthony Iero to be your lawfully wedded husband?" Gerard had said 'i do' the moment he had finished his sentence.
"by the power invested in me, i now pronounce you married by the state of New Jersey, you may kiss," He grinned as Gerards hands flew to my cheeks and mine to his waist, I pulled him in so tightly it would probably be hard to tell where i ended and he began, our lips were pressed together for a few seconds and i heard Bob's famously loud wolf whistle as we both grinned into each others mouths.

Mikey's P.O.V
There ceremony went beautifully, everyone was crying at their vows and the smiles that lit the faces of my brother and best friend were infectious, it wasn't long before their smiles spread through the entire crowd and all you could see were glistening white teeth. We stood outside for about an hour to take photographs, luckily the rain held off, it was december after all. Bob, who much prefers to be behind the camera that in front of it looked suitably awkward in every single one he'd been forced to partake in. Right now I'm stood at the bar waiting to be served, the reception is being held in the hotel too, but this room is much larger, everything is gold and glamorous, there are cream stone pillars and big vases filled with grotesquely expensive looking flowers, the place looked stunning. The music was loud and Frank pushed through the crowd of well wishers to joined me at the bar.
"dude, I'm fucking married," He shouted in my ear and grinned, if possible, even wider than he had done all day.
"I know!" i shouted back and high five'd him, laughing as he pulled me into a tight hug.
Once i had finally been served i struggled through the people surrounding Gerard and passed him a glass of lemonade, he was determined to stay sober, even on his wedding day, he took the glass from me mouthing thank you and pushed a glass of what was unmistakably whiskey into my hand. We both knew that some members of our family either weren't aware of Gerard's sobriety or would regard today as a day not to care about it. He'd voiced his worried to me a few days ago that he would be forced to drink and he didn't want to. I made a pact with him that every time someone bought him an alcoholic drink instead of respecting his wishes and getting the soft drinks he asked for, he would give them to me. I wasn't about to complain, i was almost certain to get wasted on our families money without even having to marry anyone. Bob wandered over, leaving Linda and David to greet more of the Iero family members and slipped his arm around my waist.
"whats that you're drinking?" he asked, looking puzzled, i was definitely more of a beer kinda guy, but i downed the amber liquid and relished in the burning that was searing down my throat.
"blergh, no idea," he chuckled and kissed me forcefully on the mouth, letting his tongue flicker out and taste my lips. He pulled away much too soon.
"Jack Daniels, nice," he grinned and pressed his lips to mine again, only for a second.

A few hours later and i was getting tipsy, Bob and I had been splitting Gerard's alcoholic drinks between us, a lot more of our family had been much more accepting than we had thought but the mix of drinks meant i was sure to be worse for wear tomorrow.
Mom was sitting a table away talking to some second cousin who id only met a few times, i don't think they knew i could hear their conversation but i heard my name and couldn't help but listen.
"he looks so happy, Mikey does too, bless them, but doesn't it ever worry you Donna?" Mom looked politely puzzled.
"does what worry me?"
"that their both gay? Don't get me wrong theres obviously nothing wrong with that but aren't you disappointed you won't get grandkids?" My heart dropped to my stomach. Not sure if i wanted to hear moms reply i turned to speak to Bob but he was talking to Ray and Christa who appeared at the back of his chair.
"of course not, if they're both happy then thats more than enough for me… and besides, who says they can't have kids?" Pride and love for my mother swelled in my chest like a balloon.
"they could adopt, or use surrogates… there are so many options out there for gay couples,"
"but still, if they adopted, that child wouldn't actually be related…" The cousin who's name i was desperately trying to remember smiled sadly.
"if my boys called them a son or daughter, i would call them a grandchild and i would love it like a grandmother should," she smiled happily at the thought. Bob's whisper in my ear made me jump slightly.
"it's nice to know she'd be happy if we had kids," Looking around at him i saw him smiling shyly.
"do you wanna have kids some day?" he took a while to answer me and i could see the internal struggle in his eyes, he didn't know what i wanted, if he said he did want kids, he'd worry he'd scare me off, if he said he didn't, theres a chance i did and it would disappoint me.
"I think i would make a great dad… and i think you would to," he poked the end of my nose.
"i think so too," placing my hand on his cheek i pulled him in softly and pressed my lips against his, just as the DJ announced it was time for the couples first dance. Making my way to the edge of the dance floor, my hand fitted snugly into Bob's I watched as Frank and Gerard made their way onto the dance floor, people surrounding them. Frank Sinatra, come fly with me started playing and they wrapped themselves around each other, the look of pure love on their faces made the family and friends that were gathered around them throw arms around each other and 'aww' out loud. They didn't even notice, to them it was just the two of them, no one else in the world existed.
Mom, who was standing next to me slipped her hand into my free one.
"i've never seen two people look so utterly, hopelessly in love…" she paused for a moment. "except maybe you and Bob," Grinning at her i kissed her on the cheek and she beamed at me.
"I have," she looked at me quizzically, "you and dad, you taught us that love can last through anything, it made it less scary for us," she contemplated my words and wiped a tear away with her finger gracefully.
"oh Mikey," she rested her head on my shoulder and i gripped her fingers lightly.

After the first dance couples started to join together and dance beside the newlyweds. Mom and dad were laughing, he was spinning her around and then caught her gracefully, before leaning her back and kissing her. Bob wolf whistled again and they both erupted into giggles. The evening was going as perfectly as the ceremony had and i couldn't remember seeing anyone here happier.
The DJ stopped the music again and declared it was time for speeches. Bob and i glanced at each other and he grinned mischievously at me.
"showtime!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, so this took me a long time to update, to say i lost my inspiration was an understatement.
This is extremely fluffy, but i felt it was necessary, besides, i love writing fluff!
Enjoy!
Oh and please comment and let me know what you think.
Love,

bloodandcigarettes <3