Definition of Truth

Chapter 10

Franks p.o.v.

We were on our private jet and waiting to land.

"10 more minutes Frank. Hold off 10 more minutes." I kept whispering to myself. The other guys were talking quietly but I wouldn't join in with them. I couldn't even make mean conversation let alone small talk.

"Frank. Want a cookie?" Bob tried to get me to talk. I grunted.

"ok then." he said and turned back around to face the rest of the group.

Please make it alice! Please.

----------------------------------

Once the plane had landed I was the first off the jet and was the first one in the car. I waited npatiently for the others to get in.

"Come on!" I yelled and they rushed at the sound of my urgency.

"Whats the rush?" Bob had the ignorance to ask.

"I feel she is dying slowly. I feel I may never get to say goodbye." I mukmbled and an o shape was placed on his lips. I leaned back in my chair and stared out the window.

The car rushed to the hospital and I jumped out taking two steps and turning them into one.

"Wheres Alice's room?" I asked breathless when I got to the nurses office.

"She's not allowed visitors at this time."

"I'm her boyfriend. This may be the last time I see her." I said and she gasped.

"Your Frank?" she asked. I only nodded. Her mouth turned into amazement and she rushed to pull up her file.

"Shes in room 1313. 2nd floor, 2nd hallway on the right." she said and I didn't even thank her. I knew Alice's time was coming to a hault and very soon. I just hoped I wasn't too late.

I rushed to the elevator. It was on floor 12.

"Great!" I exclaimed and looked around. I found a staricase and took it two steps at a time.

I got to the second floor and was starting to lose my patience and my breath. I took the second hallway and looked to the right trying to find Alice's room. I finally found it and there in the room was Alice.

She looked so small and frail. Like a china doll dropped on the floor.

"Oh Alice." I breathed.