Definition of Truth

Chapter 12

Alice's p.o.v.

"What?" Frank asked me.

"I was mad at you... and the others... for some reason... I can't quite put my finger on it..." i mumbled and looked down at my hands trying to figure out why I was mad.

Frank was silent beside me. I looked up at him and searched his eyes maybe looking for an answer. Or a reason.

My eyes widened as I realized why I had been mad and looked back down at my hands.

"So I was actually missed?" I asked weakly.

"Alice, you were. You... we almost lost you forever." Frank said to me. It was his turn to look down at his hands.

"I.. I almost died?" I said surprised.

"Yeah." he mumbled.

"Where is everyone else?" I asked.

"Lost or maybe sleeping in their homes." he replied still looking down at his hands.

"Lost?" I asked.

"Yeah... I kinda ditched the guys at the front desk once I found out your room number. No one was in here when I got here." he said.

"Oh..." I said and then thought about his voice. "umm Frank?"

He looked up. "Yes?"

"I heard you."

"Of course your not deaf."

"No I mean when you kept saying Alice please live for me to say goodbye. And then Wake up Alice. Please Wake-up. I could hear you. I couldn't remember who you were but I could hear you and I wanted so badly to see who was making that beautiful angelic voice and... and I think thats what made me wake up." I stopped to breath.

"I think your voice woke me up Frank." I finished and finally looked him in the eye.

"Really?" he asked me.

"I think so." i said and he smiled. I smiled back and he kissed my hand.
My heart fluttered and my pulse grew quicker. The heart moniter started to go quicker too.

He glanced at it and turned around with a grin masked on his face. He leaned in to kiss me and my heart did backflips and quickened even faster. He just stopped, grinning as he said:

"So this is what I do to you heart?" he asked.

"Oh shut up and kissme already!" I said and he obliged to my command.