Definition of Truth

Chapter 15

I was dressed in my street clothes, no longer in the hosptial clothes that I had worn just the day before. I was staring out m window waiting for my dad to arrive. My mom was going to stay home and cook my homecoming dinner.

It sounded really formal but oh well. I was gonna dress in jeans if I wanted to!!

I grinned at the people outside just walking fast to the places they needed to be, the places they needed to see.

I bet if they realized how fast life goes by then they would walk slowly taking in their surroundings. Not hurrying past them all just to do what they thought they needed to do. What they wanted to do. What they really needed to do was slow down and take one step at a time. Not three million.

I sighed realizing I had been that way. But something had changed inside me when I was almost dead. I had realized life is too short. I needed to take one step at a time.

I heard footsteps coming closer so I turned around to see who it was.

"Hey darling. Ready to go home?" my dad asked breezing through the doorway of my old hospital room.

"Yeah." I said.

"You got everything?"

I scanned the room making sure everything was gone and in his car. I had missed a teddy bear.

"Wierd. I don't remember getting that..." I trailed off as I picked it up.

It was a me to you bear and it had the words I love you on it. I looked at the tag to see who it was from. There was no name.

"I wonder..." I trailed off again... I had no clue who had given this to me. Oh well. I shrugged. I scanned the room once more and found that nothing of mine had been left. I walked to my dad and hooked my arm with his as we walked out of the room.

"Glad to see you've made it out of there!!" my nurse said as we passed the nurses desk. "Could you do me a favor before you leave? Could you talk to a girl who is 9? She's in a coma but... she hasn't had anybody to talk to... her parents have stopped coming after awhile but they won't let us take her off life support. Could you just talk to her words of encouragment?" the nurse asked me. I nodded and she led the way.

"I'll just sit here and wait ok?" my dad said and I nodded again as the nurse took me back down the hall. She stopped outside a door and looked into the room sadly.

"Here it is." she said and left me at the doorway. I looked in and found a fragile girl with long brown hair.

"oh..." my voice caught in my throat. I walked in slow motion to the chair beside her bed. I sat down and looked at her for a moment.

I looked at a card and it read Sarah.

"Hey Sarah. You don't know me and I don't really know you but we do have one thing in common. We both are in comas. Except I pulled out of mine. I am hoping you will too! Your such a young girl who needs to live. So for me. A stranger who is rooting for you. Could you wake up and live? For your parents? Your friends? Your family? Your life? I think it would be great if you woke up if we could be friends. You kmnow big sister and little sister... side by side." I said and stopped. Nothing had seemed to change. Nothing at all.

I sat there for a little while at a loss for words. And then two words came to my mind.

"Please live." I said. And then I added" for me."

I got up and left. I told the nurse goodbye and that I would be back to see Sarah. My father looked at me strangely but said nothing. Once we were in the car he finally turned to me.

"Who is Sarah?"

"The girl the nurse asked me to talk to. She's in a coma... like me." I said.

"How do you..."

"I looked at a card and Sarah was on it. So I assumed her name was Sarah. It seems like I want her to live. Really badly. SO I am going to see her every chance I get." I said and he only nodded. He started the car and we drove out of the hospital parking lot. Nobody said a word on the way home.

I got out slowly and headed toward the front door. I opened it and walked in. Suddenly a chorus of Welcome home filled my ears and I looked around awestruck.
There was streemers and balloons and many people in the room. There was a banner saying welcome home and cake and chips and a food table.

"You did all of this for me?" I choked out not sure what to say.

"Of course silly!" I heard a familiar voice say. I turned trying to find the speaker. I found him by the food table of course with a drink in his hand. He set it down and opened his arms ready for me to embrace him. I ran to him and jumped into his arms.

"Frank!" I squealed and hugged him. I kissed him next and then we heard a choruse of awe's and pulled apart.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Well we hadn't taken our full week of vacation so we left early last week so we could come today. Yup yup!" he said and smiled.

"Oh that makes sense." I said and his smile grew larger.

"Who wants cake?" I heard my mom say and everyone raised their hands. Including me.

-----------------------------------------------------

I was on the coach with Frank and Gerard eating popcorn and watching Anastasia my favorite disney movie. My other fave disney movie was Sleeping Beauty but they guys didn't want to watch that so I compromisedwith Anastasia. Not as girly as sleeping beauty.

"Dancing Bears. Painted wings. THings I almost remember." my favorite song started to play and I got up and copied Anastasia's moves knowing every move, every gesture every dance in this movie as well as the songs, lyrics and speaking parts by every charcter.

When it got to the dancing with the guys Gerard got up and danced with me and I was passed along to Bob, then Ray then Mikey. The prince I was supposed to be dancing with at the end of the song turned out to be none other then Frank himself. We danced and then I curtsied and then was on the floor. Then my dad came in and was like hey!

I laughed cause he knew this movie like I did. For he and my mom were the ones who had gotten stuck with watching it with me!!

I sat back down on the coach with Gerard and Frank and laid my head on his shoulder. I sighed and I felt his face change from complete seriousness to a grin. I smiled and kept watching the movie.

Soon the popcorn was gone and we were at the part when Rasputin was singing his song about Anastasia dieing and stuff. Frank and the guys started singing and I joined in. It was hilarious!

My dad brought more popcorn and drinks in and he started singing the song with us too. The song ended and my dad left us alone and each of us at the same time dug our hands into the bowl. I laughed and took mine out but the guys resteled to get the popcorn first. Ray ended up winning. Frank was second. I was third. Everyone had taken their hands out and I dug mine in and took a handful out.

Now we were at the ball part and I watched Anastasia walk outdoors nad urn into the trap. Then I watched the fight and how they had won. And the happy ending.

As the credits were rolling I heard a snore.

"BOB!!!" I yelled and he woke up with a start.

"What? What? Is the house on fire?" he asked and I laughed.

"No... the movie... is over... and you.... missed the... ending!!!" said between giggles.
♠ ♠ ♠
heres a super long chapter. hope you like it!!