Definition of Truth

chapter 17

The figure opened his mouth to yell but I stumbled backwards and fell. I fell down hard and it hurt my but but I had other things to worry about. I peeked above my bed and the figure dude was still there... I ducked back down and breathed heavily.

Ok... My mom had left the house to go to the grocery store. God knows how long she'll be there... Dad is on a buisness trip. He won't be coming home soon. I am home alone.

Alone with a phsyco!

I looked around the room and was trying to think up a plan.

What was I going to do?

Then I thought of a plan. I grabbed the knife that was in my drawer on my nightstand. I slowly crawled on my hands and knees to the door and made it out without, I thought, being seen.

I stood up outside the door and breathed heavily. What was I going to do? This guy could get into my house. He had already left roses in the bathroom and my room. I started to hyperventilate.

"Calm down Alice. Calm... down!" I said between breaths.

Once I had calmed down, I walked to the bathroom and splashed cold water on my face. I heard a scrape against the window and I jumped back almost falling into the bathtub.

I grabbed the curtains and re-balanced myself, then I uickly escaped the bathroom.

I fled down the hallway and got into the kitchen. I grabbed another knife and and now I had two in both my hands. I heard the front door rattle and I wipped around to face the direction the front door was in. I breathed silently, waiting... in dread.

Ok. The plan. Follow through with the plan...

Then the door opened wide. My plan flew out of my mind as I ran to the stairs. I ran up them two at a time. I ran to my parents rooma nd slammed the door, locking it. I went to the bathrooma nd slammed the door and locked it as well. Then something was hitting the window. I turned around slowly and dreaded the sight I must face.

There was no face there, like I had thought. I went closer and realized rocks were being thrown at it. I went fully up to the window and saw Frank throwing rocks. I opened it hastily and looked down at him thankfully.

"Alice! Why isn't your phone connected?" he yelled up.

I froze. I could've called the police. But I hadn't. But it wouldn't have done any good. The phone lines were dead.

"Frank! Someone is in my house and I don't know who it is!!!" I screamed. Just then my door rattled.

I screamed.

"Help!!" i screamed to no one in particular.

What was I going to do?
♠ ♠ ♠
ok the next chapter is gonna be her being rescued and who this dude is and everything. Comments would be greatfully appreciated!!
Comments=faster update