Definition of Truth

Chapter 21

Halley had a pretty good time. I mused when we had finally slouched down on my couch and gotten a drink. We were both tired and at our feet were millions of shopping bags. It was amazing how much shopping we had gotten done in less then 4 hours. Way cool.

"So, what are you gonna do at school tomorrow? Is it your half day?" I asked Halley. She cringed and I forgot. Gerard usually met her at school on her half day. "I'm sorry. Let's talk about something else." I quickly changed the subject. My heart cringed as I started to think about what I was gonna do tomorrow. Tomorrow was my half day and usually Frank gave me something to do. And usually it was with him. But... I shook my head and returned to the topic me and Halley were currently talking about.

I suddenly remembered there was supposed to be band practice and jumped up.

"What time is it?"

Halley looked down at her wrist. "5:25. Why?"

"We have band practice!!" I sqealed and dragged her down to my basement to help set up before the rest of the gang showed up. Right as we finished I heard the doorbell and rushed up to answer.

"Hey guys. Basement." I stated and we went downstairs. I turned everything on and I showed them the song we were gonna do at the battle of the bands.

"That sounds really cool! Let's do it!" Kate said and I laughed. We all took out places and the drums started. Then the bass, then the guitars. I started to sing. It sounded so beautiful and when the song ended I knew where our trouble spots were and how glad I was that everyone knew how to play their instrument.

"Ok, let's take it from the top again." I said and everyone nodded and it started all over again.

"Alice." I heard my mother call. "Band practice is over now!" she yelled down at me.

"Fine!" I yelled back and sighed. "Let's meet tomorrow. We'll have a longer time cause mom's working late and dad will be at a buisness trip. Remember we only have 3 more days. But we'll have it! see you guys tomorrow!" I said and they all left. I started to clean up when it dawned on me.

I missed Frank.