Definition of Truth

Chapter 23

Franks p.o.v.--

"Why won't she talk to me? You guys got back together right?" I asked Gerard and Halley and Halley looked away.

"Frank, nobody has seen her since the battle of the bands. She won't answer anybodies call. She's not home."

"how do you know she's not home Halley?" I questioned.

"I have a key, I unlocked it and went inside. I searched the whole house. Nobodies home." Halley answered.

I sat there for a minute. Where would she go? Was the question that kept haunting my mind. Her secret clubhouse. The place she had run off to before. But where was that? I don't think she would camp out for a week there. She had to go somewhere else. But where?

Alice's p.o.v.--

It had been a week since battle of the bands, and a week since I had boarded the plane to leave the town. I needed some time away. Maybe take that long vacation my parents had wanted for me after I had gotten out of the hospital. Though I had denied them then, I took the opportunity now. I remember the conversation like it was yesterday...

"Honey, you sure you want a break? we'll go with you if you want?" dad said. I smiled sweetly.

"You guys have a business meeting to attend to next Wednesday in Canada."

"Your sure? Where do you want to go?" Mom said.

"Germany, then England. Maybe a month long vacation to those sunny places will lift this mood." I said and they smiled a knowing smile.

"Frank gonna go with you?" I winced.

"No, he's got his band. I think it's best if we... take a break from each other."


Why had I said that? We had already had a break from each other... Why was I running? I took a picture of the green fields that I hadn't seen in America yet.

"Excuse me ms." I turned around and smiled at a young man. "Please tell me you speak English."

"Of course. I am glad you do to. What is it that you need?" I asked.

"An American. Surprising. This isn't tourist season."

"Yeah, I needed a break from America." my smile disappeared and I didn't realize my eyes had gone to ice and my mouth was set in a grim line.

"I'm sorry to hear that. I am a photographer for the Star Magazine. And for a moment I thought you were the gal who won Battle of the Bands, the one MCR was supposed to play in. You look really similar."

"Maybe, I am her."

"Your the lead singer in Bleeding Roses?" I nodded and his smile grew. "Could I take a couple of pictures of you here, in this beautiful scene?"

"Sure. Where do you want me to stand? And how do you want me to pose?" I asked.

"Anywheres good. And I don't care how you pose." I posed and he took a picture. " You do realize that a whole bunch of record companies have been looking for you right?" Another click, another picture.

"Why, no. Why are they looking for me?" Click, click.

"Well, their looking to sign you and your band on. Your song, People Say, is a huge hit with the crowd and the record companies." Click Click.

" I see. Why don't they get in contact with my band members?" Click, click.

"They have." he set his camera down and looked at me. "They told them that they wouldn't make a decision without you to lead them."

"Well, guess were gonna have to wait to see Bleeding Roses in the spotlights aren't we?" I said wryly and turned away.

"Why?"

"Because I am not ready to go back. I'm on vacation. I have to go."

"Thanks for letting me take some snaps of you."

"No problem." I said and left.

A record deal? Wow. That's huge. Really huge. Nice to know the group won't leave me in the dust, but would I leave them instead? I have three weeks of vacation left and I'm not sure I want to cut it short. Then I stopped short and realized something.

I hadn't gotten the photographers name...