Definition of Truth

Chapter 5

I didn't listen to anything my math teacher said all during class. I ignored the whole disscussion about how fractions that aren't the same cant add up at all. I knew all of this junk they were trying to review for the big test at the end of the school year.

I was too concerned with the fight. I can't believe that this had happened to me. I needed time to process this. I was glad math was my last class today. So once the bell rang I ran to my locker grabbed my hoodie and ran out the front door. I walked home alone today. I was met by the bully.

"Hey!" I heard him say.

I turned with a tear stricken face.

" Woah. Whats wrong?" I heard him say.

"My friends." I said and another tear slid down my cheek.

"What happened? They were great today when they defended you!" he said.

"Something happened." I said and yet another tear slid down my cheek. He wiped it away.

"You can go ahead and tell me." he said. I looked at him to make sure he was telling the truth.

I started at the begginging in the parking lot and he laughed when I said I wasnt finished with him. Then I got to the part of the fight and he had a straight face on. Then I finished and a few tears slid down my cheek.

"Wow. You have a lot of drama in a couple of hours. " He said and I smiled weakly.

"Thats what I get for being friends with a famous band and highschoolers." I said and laughed weakly.

"May I walk you home?" he asked and I merely nodded. Another friendship. This could be good. A friend with bully who probably wouldn't let anything happen to me. Someone I could turn to when I couldn't turn to my friends. Good. I need that in this lifetime.