Definition of Truth

Chapter 8

Franks p.o.v.:

I got the call around 1 am. Way to early to be my boss. I got another hour or so before I have to get up!!

"H-heello?" I mumbled groggily trying to connect words from brain to tired mouth.

"Fr-ran-ank?" I heard a sobbing voice cry through my phone.

"What is it Kate? What's the matter?"

"Al-allii-ce"

I paled. No. Please. Not her. Nothing could've happened to her.

"Wha-What happened?" I asked fearing the answer to my simple question.

She's in-in a -co-coma."

She's in a coma. Which means she could never wake up. Which means I could never tell her how I really feel. Which means the last words that I ever said to her I'll give you some space. And the last words from the band were We are goin on tour. See ya when we get back. A sob escaped my throat.

"Is... Is she ok?" I asked fearing the worst.

"She may never wake up Frank." Kate had choked up on the last words. I heard a dial tone after I heard someone crying. I fell back into my bed and started to cry as well. I may never hear that laugh I fell in love with. never see those beautiful eyes, that beautiful hair. Never again may I call her name and have her look at me differently then anybody else. No more IM conversations. We had one argument. An argument that may have been our last. I wanted more. More then I could possible dream of. I would rather fight day and night then her be dead or worse. Dead but still barely alive all because of some dumb machine.

"Yo man. Why are you u- Dude! What's wrong!" I heard Gerard ask concerned.

"Kate called. Alice is in the hospital. She's in a coma Gee. She may never wake up again."