The Good Girl

"That's all you'll ever be." her words were like a bullet to the chest, poisoning my thoughts as my world spun out of control, "That quiet, good girl no one gives a damn about."
I felt the whole class staring at me, a little shocked, overthrown. Her words gnarled at my ribs, at my bones and made my knees weak as I felt my gaze dart in every direction.
I opened my mouth, feeling the tears biting their way out from beneath my eye lids, fighting to give in.
I had given my everything into being the nice girl. The good girl, and I had done nothing but mind my own buisness and keep to myself. I had held back every snide comment and remark, and I had been walked over and forgotten.
I had the chance to tell her off, I knew what to use to stab and twist at her. I could make her feel the way I did.
Instead, I sat there, and turned to my sketch book and began to flip through it.
"See how damned weird she is? Get the hell out of this school. No one wants you."
Another stifle, I felt my gaze with draw from my book, from my secrets and flicker to her reddened face. She enjoyed my humiliation, preyed on it like a savage beast.
The whole room fell quiet as the mean girl sneered at me.
I spoke, softly, but the whole room was able to hear.
"I will not be forgotten."
  1. Thee Intro
  2. One
    Portfolio: I Call It the Secret Keeper
  3. Two
    Dawn who?