Element of Fire

Flames

All I remember is the flames. They wrap around my body, but they don't hurt. They don't burn my skin. Instead they're more like a warm blanket. In my memory I'm safe wrapped in those flames, because they're all i can remember.
* * * *
"Sya get up, you'll miss the bus!"
I woke to the sound of my mothers voice and sat up from my desk. Yawning I looked through bleary eyes. It was morning, looking down I saw the homework I'd stayed up all night working on.
"Must've fallen asleep."
"Sya! Did you hear me?!"
"Yes, I'll be down in a few minutes." I called back.
I stood up shedding papers as I moved and walked over to my dresser wiping my hands across my eyes. As I pulled out my uniform I thought about the dream I'd had last night.
<Flames. Always flames>
I shook my head before I could started to remember and slid the cool top over my head and replaced it with the scratchy button up. It was never any good to remember those things, after I finished changing I grabbed the papers and my folders and rushed downstairs.
"Good morning!"
"Good morning mom, dad. Sorry I was up so late I had to finish a paper for class."
"Don't worry about it, you'd better eat fast or you'll miss the bus."
"Okay."
I sat down and quickly ate my breakfast then raced out the door shoving things into my backpack as I ran. The bus pulled up a few seconds later and I got on making my way to the back where I sat everyday. Everyone chattered away with their friends but I made my way over to one of the empty seats and sat down. Just like every other day. A normal life, that's all I wanted, too bad it would never be mine.
I closed my eyes and leaned against one of the windows, it warmed at my touch and I felt a little better. The bus stopped and I felt the footsteps of someone getting on, I kept my eyes closed and waited for the bus to start moving. That's when someone sat down in the seat. I opened my eyes and looked towards the person who was sitting next to me. his eyes were the first thing I noticed they were a soft blue that made you want to melt, his hair was a light brown that looked as soft as an angels wing. He was beautiful but I quickly made myself look away. He would learn soon that no one sat next to me.
For the entire bus ride he was silent, and I kept waiting for someone to tell him. But no one did. but no one said a word, then just before the bus stopped he leaned over and whispered in my ear, before climbing off with everyone else. I froze as his words registered in my mind, and I stared after him until I finally got off as well.
"I've found you Sya the fire starter."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ugh this is so different from what I'm used to. I hope I do okay.