Element of Fire

Wood

"Over there is the kitchen, down that hall is the bathroom, it's the last door on the right. And up here is the dormitories. You and I will be sharing a room, isn't that awesome!"
I looked at Risa's smiling face and wished I could share her enthusiasm, but I let my head drop with a sigh. Ever since I'd been told I couldn't go home, a heavy weight had been placed on my heart. Risa must have realized it, because she took my hand and pulled me up the stairs towards a door painted black and red.
"Here it is my humble abode." she said waving her arm in front of the door dramatically.
She opened the door and as I stepped inside I seemed as if I was no longer anywhere. The walls were painted black and the curtains that fluttered in the breeze coming through the window were also black. Two beds were set against opposite walls and one seemed shrouded in darkness. The other was set with pale red blankets and sheets. As I stepped farther into the room, I realized along all the walls were splotches that seemed to glow. It was like standing in the center of the universe surrounded by stars. It wasn't until she placed a hand on my shoulder that I realized Risa was standing behind me.
"Do you like it?" she asked cautiously.
"It's amazing, like I'm standing in the middle of everything." I replied breathlessly.
She smiled widely then ran over and jumped on her bed, giggling as she did.
"I know exactly how you feel, it took me forever to decide what to do. I'm glad you like it, I knew you would." she said sitting up and looking at me.
For the first time since I'd been there I smiled. Risa acted just like any other girl I'd ever known, it was almost like being home again they way she talked to me. But I wasn't home. When I thought that the sadness I'd been feeling griped me and I slowly made my way over to the other bed and sat down. It felt like my feet could no longer hold me up. Risa stood up and walked the short distance between us, and sat down next to me.
"Do you really want to go back so much? You haven't even seen all that this world has to offer."
I shook my head and looked down at my hands clasped together in my lap.
"But there's so much, I have over there."
"Really?" a strange voice said from in front of us.
We both looked up and saw Angela standing in the doorway watching us. She seemed to radiate light even from where she stood.
"What do you mean?" I asked staring at her.
She gave me a long look then stepped into the room and walked over until she was standing right in front of me.
"Is there really anything left over there that you need to go back to?"
Her voice was cold and cruel and it seemed to strike me right in my core.
"Of course I do, I have my mom, my dad, my little brother!" I nearly shouted standing up.
"You mean the people who adopted you, and the boy who is there real child?"
Her words seemed to cut me deeper then any knife could. Clenching my hands into fists I stared at her, wanting to prove her wrong.
"I have friends and school and-"
"Friends? You have friends after what you did? Amazing, but I know it's a lie," she said cutting me off.
I stood there frozen by her gaze and her words. She leaned close until we were face to face and sneered at me.
"Face it there is no one back in that world that would care if you vanished off the face of the planet. Oh wait that already happened."
"SHUT UP!" I screamed with raw emotion.
My nails dug into my palm so deeply that I could feel the blood pouring down onto the floor. Anger swept through my body and I glared at her through tears. I wanted her to vanish, to see how I felt ripped from my world. Ripped from everything I knew. I wanted her to disappear. Then next thing I knew my hands felt hot, and a pillar of flames hand surrounded her. I held onto my anger as much as possible, but a dizziness settled in my head and I had to let go of everything. The last thing I remember, is the boys rushing through the door and slamming to a halt as they saw the pillar burning a hot white.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to update, I was rushing through exams and practice. Sorry