Element of Fire

Embers

By the time that I was able to stand again, Risa had already come looking for me. When she found me sprawled on the floor of the training hall with my eyes closed, she rushed over immediately.
"Hey Sya are you okay?!" She asked a trace of fear in her voice.
I opened my eyes and looked at her and nodded.
"Oh, good. You had me worried there for a second. Here I'll give you a hand up and then I can attempt to patch you up." She said holding out her hand to me.
I reached out and took her hand, and she pulled me to my feet. I wasn't aware of all my cuts and bruises until then. A shudder of pain raced across my flesh causing me to fall down on one knee. After a moment I stood up by myself and realized something. I was still holding onto the sword from earlier. I glanced at it, and ran a finger down along the blade it was incredibly sharp. I looked up and saw Risa watching me, subconsciously I lowered the blade and looked away.
"Sorry, what's my next lesson?"
"Cooking." She replied bluntly.
I stared at her for a few minutes then slowly started backing away my face already draining of any blood. I turned on my heels and dashed for the door but she was to fast and caught my shadow.
"No, you don't understand I can't cook!" I yelled helplessly trying to get away.
"Sorry but everyone has to learn how to cook here, since we have to cook our own meals. So come along like a good puppet." She said making me walk.
We headed for the kitchen and the first thing i had to do was put on an apron. I would've been okay with that, except it was huge, frilly, and had pink hearts drawn all over it. I tried to refuse but in the end I was forced to wear it.
"Okay then let's start cooking! She said excited.
It would be unfair to go into detail of how I failed at cooking, but there are a few things I will say to show it. When we were finally finished there was egg on the ceiling, multiple pans with burnt food in them, and smoke was filling the air from my last attempt. We didn't look any better.She was covered in flour and chocolate, while I was dripping from head to toe in batter. I looked at her as I pulled the thing I'd made from the oven.
"I tried to tell you." I said setting it down on a semi clean surface.
"Well, I guess that's all for today, your next lesson is with Brock and he'll be in the smithy. Go get cleaned up and I'll clean up here." She said forcing cheer into her voice.
I nodded and took off the apron and set it down, then headed for the door. My sword was leaning against it, so i picked it up and started walking through the arch.
"Oh Sya?"
I turned around and looked at her.
"Yes?" I asked.
"Your banned from my kitchen until, forever."
I fought back a laugh, and nodded my head. Then I walked out the door and headed toward our room to clean up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not posting in awhile, busy busy busy. Hope you enjoyed it, and by the way. I can't cook either.