Element of Fire

Heated

After I got cleaned up, I found a new outfit that looked exactly like the one I'd been wearing before.
"Risa must've laid one out for me when I was in the shower." i mused out loud to myself as I slipped the tunic on.
After I finished putting on my new outfit I grabbed a tie from Risa's dresser and and braided my hair back. When that was done, I looked in the mirror and was satisfied with how I looked. Grabbing my sword from next to the door, and headed towards the smithy. It took me a few minutes but when I got there, I found it was mostly dark, except for the glow of flames coming from an open oven. Brock was standing by the oven wearing a thick apron over his tunic, he didn't look up when I walked into the room, but continued to hammer what looked like a blade. It was glowing a fiery red, and each time he hit it the blade sparks would fly, illuminating more of the space around the smithy. He placed it back in the flames, then turned and looked at me as he wiped his hands on his apron.
"Come over here and we'll get started." he said gesturing for me to walk over to where he was.
I nodded my head, there was a trace of seriousness in his voice, that made me not want to argue with him. He handed me an apron like his and started to show me how and what he was doing. He set me working on making nails at first, after he'd shown me how to make them and how to shape them. The best part was that I could touch the red hot rods without having to wear the thick gloves that Brock was wearing.
We worked in silence for the hours, from time to time he would walk over and correct me if I made a mistake. But he usually just stood over by the fire hammering and shaping the sword from earlier. Time passed so quickly I was barely aware of it, when he finally stopped I was even more surprised.
"It's time to stop Sya." he said pulling the rod from my hand.
"Okay, where am I supposed to go for my last lesson?" I asked flexing my fingers trying to get them to straighten out.
"You don't have another lesson." he replied uncomfortably.
I turned around where I stood and looked at him, he was facing away from me but I could tell by his voice that there was something he wasn't telling me.
"Brock what happened?"
"It's nothing really, just that Angela refuses to teach you right now." he said his voice getting smaller and smaller as he spoke.
"What!?" I yelled as he cringed.
"Well she said she couldn't teach you yet because you're still unpredictable when it comes to your powers and she didn't want to take any chances."
I felt anger fume up inside my body, as if in response the fire in the oven burned even hotter and brighter, casting light across the dark smithy. Brock looked over then his gaze wandered back to me as I started for the door.
"You need to get your temper in check." he muttered.
I threw a glare in his direction the stomped out and flew down the halls at a furious pace. I had no idea where I was going but my feet seemed to so I followed them until they led me to the furnace room. reaching out I threw the door open even though it weighed a lot. the room was hot and the air was dry, but it seemed to welcome me. i walked over until I was but a few inches away from the furnace itself and closed my eyes letting myself drift away as the warmth surrounded me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry just got back from dc and haven't had time to write please forgive me. ><