Element of Fire

Scorching

Days passed and I went through the same routine over and over. I finally made it through one of Walters lessons, but he remained the same, cold and distant. After a while I figured it was because our elements are direct opposites of each other. When I asked Risa about it, she got a funny look on her face and started laughing. I gave her a curious glance and she tried to compose herself, but failed incredibly.
"Sorry, it's nothing. Really." she said through gasps.
I didn't believe her but I didn't bring it up again. Arthur kept trying to kill me every day during our lesson, I have the scars to prove it. And Risa has started teaching me outside the kitchen, I'm learning outdoor cooking. With Brock, nothing has changed, every day we meet I make nails and we go our separate ways afterwards. But awhile later, he would go back to being his normal annoying self. Then there's Angela.
Each time we meet in the hall or we accidentally run into each other, she ignores my existence. It didn't bother me at first, but then after awhile I couldn't help it and started to get angry.
"I don't know how much more I can take."
"What do ya mean?" Risa asked as we kneaded the dough for bread.
"She ignores me as if I'm not here, as if I'm nothing but air. It bothers me so much!" I replied slamming my hand into the dough.
"Not so hard Sya. You have to be gentle with the dough or else it'll come out lumpy." She scolded softly.
I let out a sigh and started kneading it the way she'd shown me. After a moment I stopped, and let my hand fall to my side. Risa didn't notice and went right on kneading her loaf, it looked perfect. After a few seconds I took off my apron and started to walk away.
"Sya where are you going?" Risa asked finally noticing I was leaving.
"I'm not feeling well, I don't think I can finish today's lessons. Sorry." I replied without looking back.
"Oh, do you want me to make you some soup?" She asked softly.
I shook my head and walked back inside. My feet knew right where I was heading, over the time I'd been here they'd learned the way. When I reached the boiler room, I stepped inside then closed the door behind me. The minutes I was safely inside the warmth wrapped around me and I felt tears prickle at my eyes. This was the only safe place for me, the only place I could cry and miss my family.
Flames shot out from the boiler and wrapped around me trying to cheer me up. I touched one and it wrapped around my hand, it felt good.
"You know I fell as if this is all a dream, that something happened that day and I'll wake up and be home." I told the little flame.
It fizzled slightly then slithered down my arm and settled in a pile on my shoulder.
"But I know it's not. This is real, and that makes it even harder to take then if it were a dream. I wish I was home. I wouldn't even care if the kids at school still bullied me, I get the same treatment here. I just want my home." I whispered as I leaned forward and began crying in my arms.
The fire fizzled again and became brighter and wrapped itself around my entire body, letting it's warmth settle into my skin. But even so I cried like I did when ever the feeling reached me. The feeling of having no one who believed in me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Augh Angela you can be so mean! XP