Element of Fire

Hearth

The next day Risa wasn't there when I woke up, and everything was unnaturally silent, but I got dressed like I did everyday and somehow managed to get my hair pulled back into the braid I wore it in nowadays. It had gotten longer as the days and gone by which also meant that it got curlier. I looked in the mirror and saw that it was turning red again, twice already I'd dyed it back to my original color, but the color faded and my hair would start turning red.
"I guess I'll just do it again later tonight." I muttered as I walked out the door.
Rushing downstairs I didn't smell the familiar smell of breakfast cooking, which only caused a tight ball to form in my stomach. No matter what you can always smell Risa's cooking. I rushed to the training room, but I paused before pushing the doors open, standing with her back to me was Angela. I froze in the doorway, in the times we'd seen each other she'd acted as if I wasn't there, but now there was no mistaking the fact that she could see me as she turned around and faced me a cold expression on her face.
"I see you've finally made it down here, well hurry up we don't have all day." Her voice was as cold as her expression.
She walked over to the center of the room where an open pit was waiting for her. As she sat down she threw a glance over at me and I rushed over not wanting to face her when she got angry. As I sat down the open pit exploded with flames and as they calmed down they gave off a small heat.
"Now if you're not to stupid to understand, today we will be learning on how to summon a guardian. A guardian is the manifestation of your inner self, for me it is a guardian of healing and of light. The shape she takes is that of an angel, she has only been seen by the other warriors and since you are not a full warrior yet I have no inclination to show her."
That last part made me kinda angry and as my anger rose the fire responded and grew a little brighter. She observed this with a cool exterior, then a smirk rose to the surface of her face and I became infuriated.
"Now, you must clear everything from your mind and focus on the fire. It is your source it is yourself, let it take you in."
I closed my eyes and did what she said and focused on the fire, I could feel it and see it even with my eyes closed. Soon I could feel myself sinking into it, and as the warmth surrounded me I felt at peace.
"Now image what is safety what you want to be, who you are. Something that makes you, you. That is the true shape of your guardian."
I tried to think of one, but no matter who I though of it didn't fit. There was nothing about me that was special so I couldn't think of an image. There was nothing for me.
"I-I can't do it."
"Don't give up focus!"
I tried but it was as if some part of me didn't want to. I opened my eyes and stood up. Suddenly I was scared, my whole body was trembling and I began to feel cold. What was happening? Angela rose to her feet and rushed over to a corner of the room, she pulled out a blanket and then rushed back and wrapped it around me. I looked at her and behind the cold exterior I could see a glimpse of sympathy. She sat me down by the fire and started to feed it wood, but no matter how long I sat there the chills wouldn't go away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry mibba crashed and now I have to rewrite my chapters I apologize. It's different to sorry.