Element of Fire

Fire

I rushed off the bus and made my way through the crowd of my slightly awake classmates. A few people bumped me here and there and I got some nasty comments thrown my way, but I was so focused on getting inside I didn't notice. When I was past the doors I let out a relieved sigh and headed in the direction of my locker. The halls were so full of students that even if he were looking for me I'd be hidden completely from his view. It was the perfect plan, it had taken me two years to come up with the act of being completely invisible after the incident and I wasn't going to let some new boy who I don't even know ruin it for me.
"Oh my god did you see the new boy he''s so hot!"
"I know! It's like he stepped out of hot guys monthly or something."
"I wonder what his name is?"
"I hope he doesn't have a girlfriend."
"How do my bangs look?"
Everyone ignored me as the topic of the new boy buzzed around the school. With the way the other girls were acting I knew there was hardly any chance that I'd see him again. I under estimated him to much.
"Hello again, sorry that I had to rush off like that earlier I was told to go to the principals office as soon as I got here."
I stared at him, he just stood there grinning like an idiot. For a second I thought about answering back, but that thought was pushed out by other ones and I lowered my head and walked past him.
"Hey where you going? Sya how can you be so cruel?"
I ignored him as hard as I could and rushed down the hall dodging other students as I went. I kept my head down as far as I could, which is why I ran straight into the principal. My backpack dropped to the ground and burst open sending my papers and books everywhere.
"I'm so sorry Sir!"
"Ms. Tanner." he replied cooly.
I bent down and started to grab all my stuff before anyone stepped on it, when I was done I stood up and shoved it all back into my back pack. Then I had to face the principal.
"I apologize again sir I wasn't looking where I was going."
"So it seems, two weeks of detention."
"But sir-"
"Don't argue unless you want me to raise it. I'm keeping my eye on you."
He walked away leaving me standing there speechless. After a second I lowered my head once more, I should've expected this. Taking slow steps I managed to get to my first class on time, although it felt like I was going to cry.