Element of Fire

Leaves

"So Sya where were you guys heading?" a voice asked pulling from the daydream I'd been in.
I looked over at Wendy and smiled before answering, I'd forgotten she was even there.
"Nowhere special just a secret hideout my brothers made when they were younger."
"Really that's so cool!" She replied before turning her eyes back towards the strip of road in front of us.
I looked at her out of the corner of my eye and thought how she'd volunteered to take me to her village. I knew Walter and Brock had been worried as we left but they had decided that this was the best way to keep me from danger. Anger flared through my fingers and I had to clench them to keep from letting a string of fire slip out. Ever since I'd first come here they hadn't let me in on anything that happened to me, it was like I was nothing more then a dog going through obedience training. As I thought that I shook my head because that wasn't it. Everyone had been doing there best to train me and protect me. Letting out a sigh I shifted the bag on my shoulders.
"Is something wrong?" Wendy asked looking over at me.
"No, I was just thinking."
"Okay then, it's not long now, we should reach my village once we cross that hill up ahead." She said cheerfully.
I managed a weak smile before lowering my eyes, I'd learned a lot about Wendy in the time we'd been walking together. Aside from her name I knew she had six older brothers, one who had died recently, her favorite color was red, and she worked as an apprentice to the head of her village. It was kind of nice to have someone else talk and fill up the empty space, I didn't know what to say. We finally reached the hill she mentioned and as we started walking up I noticed she didn't look so good. I stopped climbing and looked at her.
"Hey are you alright? You don't look so good." I leaned down next to her and saw she had a fever.
"I should be fine until we reach the village." She smiled weakly but her eyes became swirling circles as she passe out.
I caught her, and that's when I felt her temperature rise. She had a fever! I panicked for a few seconds then decided I could get help fro her at her village. Grabbing her stuff I threw it over one arm then wrapped her arms around my neck and started running. I held onto her legs as I ran and she held on tightly, must have been instinct. Finally after half an four I reached a village, except it didn't look like anyone was there.
"Hello! Is anyone here?! This girl needs some help!" I shouted looking around.
There was no answer and I was about to turn in leave when I heard someone step towards me. I turned around expecting to see a man or a woman, but what I came face to face with was none other then a Known. It roared and slithered towards me but I couldn't move because more were appearing behind me. With Wendy unconscious there was no way I could get my sword and hold them off, we were trapped.
"If it isn't the little fire burner. Good work my daughter, I am proud of you." The one coming towards me said.
I didn't understand who he was talking to until Wendy pulled out my blade and held it to my throat.
"Thank you father." She said in a even tone.
"Wendy you're one of them?" I asked unbelieving.
"Exactly, and know fire warrior you will pay for killing my older brother!" She screamed as she whacked me across the head.
Stars fluttered before my eyes and after a second I dropped. She jumped form my back and landed a few feet away on her feet. I cursed myself, before the darkness consumed me. I was trapped and in the worst place possible.
♠ ♠ ♠
Noooooooooooooooo! She got captured!