Element of Fire

Ash

"Nestrom?" I asked a little wary of the man hanging in front of me.
"Yes, I can see your wary of me, but there's no need to be. They will most likely place you in another cell soon. besides with my hands like this I couldn't anything." He replied smiling as a blush crossed my face.
I looked at the bars expecting to see Wendy or the man again, but no one was there. After a second I walked over and sat down next to him. Or more I sat with my back against the wall he was hanging from. We were quiet for a few minutes, he must have had a lot of practice because it was me who started speaking again.
"That thing that just happened you called it the "sight" right?" my voice shook slightly but I hoped he didn't notice.
"Yes. I don't really know how to explain it, but it's a power they have to take what you care about the most and turn it against you. And they know exactly what you care about by looking into your soul." I looked up at him but I couldn't see his eyes through his hair.
"You seem to know a lot about them."
"Well I have been in here for almost ten years. It seems just like yesterday that I saw the sun." His voice took on a whimsical tone and I felt like I was going to cry from hearing it.
"You know those monsters out there used to be humans like us?" He said looking down at me.
"Really, but they forms they take, they way they act. How could they have been humans?" I blurted out completely shocked.
"Well when a human loses all hope and gives into the darkness of their heart they become what you have seen. But that person will want to go home to see their family, and when they do that they infect the others. It's a sad tale."
I looked at the wall and thought about what he had just said. Wendy said I killed her brother, did I really. I took the life of another human? I placed my head on my knees and cried silently, for them, for Wendy, for everyone who was hurt. Something tapped my head, I looked up and saw it was the old mans foot. I looked up at him and he smiled kindly, I couldn't help but smile back.
"Who are you Nestrom? Why are you here?" I asked suddenly curious to why they would lock someone like him up for ten years.
"I may not look like it but I was once a warrior. I was given a job to protect the element warriors. Actually my wife was given the job as well. And for a few years we were able to do our job fine. Then one day they came and we found that despite all our training, all our knowledge, we were powerless against them. The children were able to get away, but they killed my wife and captured me. I don't even think they remember I'm in here anymore. Huh? Is something wrong? Why are you crying again?" He asked finishing his tale and noticing my tears.
I didn't even know I was crying until he mentioned it, I quickly wiped away the tears only to find more were coming from my eyes. Memories filled my head of him and the others when we were little. Playing laughing, him and a women that I knew was his wife.
I stared up at the man who was once the closets thing I'd had to a father.
♠ ♠ ♠
Reunited!!! Hurray! But remember Sya you still have to get out and find the others before the Known take over the world!!! Is that a little bit too dramatic?!