Element of Fire

Heat

By the end of lunch it seemed as if the entire school was focused on one thing and one thing only. The new boy. By the time I finished my lunch I was already sick of hearing everyone talking about him. And it didn't help that he was sitting across from me, more then half the girls in school trying to get his attention as he sat there.
"So what's your sign?"
"Do you have a girlfriend?"
"Where do you come from?"
"Do you have any sisters or brothers?"
I gagged and opened the top of my carton as he answered them.
"Leo."
"No I don't have a girlfriend."
"From somewhere far away."
"And I have five siblings."
They "oohed" and "ahhed" and I was just about to get up and leave when he swung his gaze towards me.
"So Sya I was wondering if you would show me around the school later?"
He smiled innocently but the girls around him went from looking shocked to killing me with their eyes. I stared for a few seconds then waited for the obvious,one of them was going to tell him now, just to embarrass me.
"Oh you don't want to hang out with her she's bad news."
See?
"Really how so?"
"Last year she set the school on fire! That's just mental! I can't believe they even let her back in school this year after what she did. Someone could've died!"
I clenched my fists under the table , then stood up and grabbed my tray knocking the now empty milk carton over as I did. A hand reached over and picked it up and set it down on my tray. I looked up and he smiled.
"So you like to start fires do you?"
I gritted my teeth and felt my fingernails dig into my skin.
"SHUT UP Brock!"
I grabbed my tray and dumped everything before setting it down. Then grabbing my stuff I stomped out the door and headed for the bathroom. The one that no one hardly used because of the rumor that a girl committed suicide in there.
It wasn't until I was halfway down the stairs when I stopped.
"Huh? How did I know his name?"
"Because you know me. It's been a long time Sya."
his voice drifted down the stairs and I turned around. He stood there smiling although I could see the relief that was in his eyes.
"I've finally found you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ice cream is good!!!! I love Haagan-Dazz