Element of Fire

White

I slowly pulled on the armor that I had received the day before. It seemed to mold itself to my body as I stood in the tent. After we had left the temple I couldn't stop thinking about what had happened and what I was supposed to do. When night came I had barely slept, finally some time before dawn my eyes shut and I drifted away. But as if they were waiting for me, nightmares had filled my sleep. When I woke up for the third time screaming it was dawn and everyone else was already up.
When the clock chimed eight, a group of temple apprentices had come and picked me up with the explanation that I was to get ready for the ceremony under their care. Everyone assured me that it would be alright so I went along with them. When we reached the temple the first thing that happened was my clothes were taken away and I was led to a bath. Except instead of water this one was in lava, cool huh? I soaked in the warmth ready to stay there forever, after some time though I had to get out. Female attendants led me to a room where they dressed me in the robes I was wearing, then one carried in the armor and they all left. Which was better I didn't like dressing in front of people.
<Is something troubling you?> Miyana asked as I pulled on the rest of the armor.
"No, it's just I didn't sleep well last night." I breathed closing my eyes as I adjusted the belt.
<More dreams?>
"Yes, I just don't understand how someone could just lose hope like that? How they could give into the despair?" I asked wringing my hands.
<Sometimes the only thing we have left is to give up> Was her reply.
Before I could ask what she meant by that she settled back into my magic. Letting out a sigh I pulled on a pair of sandals and stepped to the front of the tent. I was as ready as I was ever going to be.
"I'm ready!" I called to the people I knew were waiting outside.
The flaps were pulled back and I stepped out, an apprentice led me trough a tunnel that led to the arena I had seen yesterday. When I first stepped out into the sun I was sure my eyes were playing tricks on me. There was no way there could be this many people. When my eyes adjusted I saw I was right. there was even more then I'd first thought. They all started cheering as I made my way down to the center, a few even reached out and brushed the cape that I was wearing. When I stopped in front of the Heart flame silence penetrated the arena as they all waited.
I looked around at every single one of them, they were here to see me. To see the birth of a new flame. And to reassure themselves that the fire warrior still existed. I closed my eyes then slowly raised my hand and drew a single flame from my body, it followed my fingers as I made the motion of pulling it, and when my eyes opened I was holding a flame that burned white hot.
"The birth of a new flame! The birth of a new era!" I shouted raising it above my head.
The cheering started again as I lowered my hand and stepped towards the Heart flame.
"Not so fast flame warrior!" Someone called from behind me.
I whirled around and saw Wendy standing directly behind me. And in her hands was black water that shimmered evilly. As I looked around a few dozen people stood up and i saw they were known. When my gaze returned to Wendy she smirked and shifted the water in her hands.
"Did you really think we would just let you go? No you must die! And wit you will die the hope that any of these people have ever felt. And the world will be consumed by darkness." She said laughing as she spoke her voice rising higher and higher until she was shouting.
"We'll never let you get away with that!" I roared my fire blazing higher.
"Oh won't you now, unless you want every single person to die here along with you friends?" As she spoke a pair of known dragged the other warriors before me.
They were beaten and cuffed with what looked like the same liquid that Wendy was holding. Walter looked up and met my eyes, but I could see the fear in his. I looked around and saw known had cut off the exits, we were trapped. I wanted so bad to take her down to save everyone, but I was alone now and even with the help of Miyana there was nothing I could do. We had been beaten, even though their was no fight.
"Well what do you chose warrior. Will you sacrifice thousands in an attempt to save a few, or will you take you death graciously?" Her voice echoed the darkness in her eyes.
Choice, why was it always two choices that didn't have any lines that could be crossed? I looked at her, at the others, at the countless people frightened. Then I heard Miyana's words come back to me. Sometimes you just have to give up. The flame in my hand vanished and I smiled.
"I give myself up." I said.
Wendy smiled with victory and turned to address the audience, she never saw me turn. And by the time she knew something was wrong I was already diving head first into the heart flame. As the flames engulfed my body I felt everything melt away. I was giving myself up to the flames, and to do so was the only thing I could have done. As my body melted away all the hearts that had been torn were healed, all the known were filled with such hope that they returned to who they once were. And across the land people felt the hope and warmth that was given to them. And the fire warrior was no more, but she had left behind something that would be felt even after the next one came. A love so great it echoed from one world to the next.
♠ ♠ ♠
That's it. It's over!!!!!!!!!! Wow I wrote 32 chapters incredible.