Element of Fire

Explosion

The next day I avoided Brock even more than the day before, and it wasn't easy. It seemed he was always looking for me every time I turned a corner. It was like he was stalking me or something. When third seventh hour finally came around I was so relieved that I forgot one specific detail, he's in my seventh hour. When I walked into the room and saw him sitting at the table smiling like a goofy kid all the strength evaporated from my body. After a few seconds I sighed and walked over and sat down next to him.
"Hey Sya were have you been all day I was looking for you."
I ignored him and pulled out my textbook. Already the other girls were gathering around us and it was getting on my nerves.
"Hey Brock, what're you doing after school today?"
"Well I was going to the library, but I'd rather hang out with you Sya." He said turning towards me.
The girls blanched and I had to hold down my anger before something burst into flames. When I was calm enough I turned towards him.
"Sorry but I have to help my mom with some chores today."
Then without any further hesitation I grabbed my stuff, stood up and walked to the back table where one of the smart kids( Often referred to as nerds) was sitting. After a second the girls got over their shock of me rejecting Brock and went back to trying to get his attention. Except he kept staring at me, I looked away and started talking to the boy sitting next to me.
When class started the teacher immediately started us on an experiment and the bad thing was it involved the burner. Since the incident last year with the fire I hadn't been trusted anywhere near them. Which meant my partner had to do all the work.
"Are you sure you got it?"
"Of course just right down the result."
I sighed and picked up my pencil as he carefully put drop after drop into one of the beakers. I watched as his hands started to shake.
"Are you sure you're okay?"
"I said I'm fine! Butt out!"
Some of the liquid splattered on the table. The teacher noticed and came over.
"Is something wrong you two."
Before I could speak the nerd boy stood up and pointed at me.
"She kept distracting me and I spilled some of the solution."
"Is this true?"
I lowered my head and nodded, even if I said no he wouldn't believe me. No one believes you when you set fire to the school.
"I see, well then two points will be deducted from your grade. Continue with the experiment."
The boy sneered at me, but I just stared at the board, a few people were snickering around me but I ignored it. I was used to it. Then the ground began to shake, everyone started to freak out, everyone started to move out the door like we'd practiced in drills, then I saw the bottle of acid start tipping towards one of the girls around Brock. I raced over without thinking and pushed her out of the way. The acid spilled on me and it began to eat through my shirt. When it touched my back it began to burn badly. I fell to the ground just as the shaking stopped. I clenched my eyes against the pain and when I opened them again Brock was leaning over me. I smiled up at his worried face.
"See what happens when you don't control your anger?"
Then I passed out.