Element of Fire

Inferno

The whole time I was out it felt like I was sinking into a an endless darkness. When I finally regained consciousness it was already afternoon. My head spun as I opened my eyes and every sound I heard was muffled. After a while I realized someone was next to me. When I turned my head my world spun so much I almost threw up. I closed my eyes and waited for the world to stop spinning. That's when I heard the sound of someone talking.
"I know I should have controlled my anger better. You don't have to tell me that! I'm not stupid Walter! Of course I care about her. Yeah I know this is the last day. I'll bring her back don't worry"
When whoever was talking stopped I opened my eyes again and saw Brock sitting in a chair a few feet away from me. He looked sad and hurt, after a second he looked over and saw that I was awake.
"Sya are you alright, are you in any pain? Can I do anything?"
"No, I'm fine." I replied in a weak voice.
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah."
"Okay."
A short silence passed between us and I spent most of it trying to make sense of the world around me, it was as if I was watching it through a dirty window. Then Brock stood up and walked over to the window. I watched him and for a few stretched moments he just stood there staring out the window, then he stepped back and let the curtain fall back in place.
"I'm going to leave today Sya."
"Where are you going?"
"Back home, where I came from."
"Oh, everyone will miss you."
"What if I asked you to come with me?"
It took a few minutes for the question to sink into my mind. When it did I smiled at him.
"I would go with you."
He looked shocked but to me this was nothing but a dream. I felt like I was burning up which never happened before because of my power, so this could only be a dream. Brock smiled then leaned over and pressed his head to mine. A necklace fell from around his neck and clashed against mine then a low humming filled the air.
"Sya, you must give me your permission to steal you from this world."
I looked up into his eyes. He was so serious that it almost made me giggle. This was a dream he should lighten up a little.
"You have my permission Brock . . . ."
I began to black out again, but not before I saw his face light up with a smile. The humming grew louder and the room seemed to grow brighter. My eyes fluttered shut and I started to slip away.
"Finally we're going home, Sya."
The light burst engulfing everything.